HHI~Harbour Town~Do I have this right?

Goingtodisneyworld

Mouseketeer
First ~ Must we pay to enter & park here?

Ok ~ Now that we’re in, I believe we will find a Lawton Stables with Pony rides for DDs (2 & 4) does anyone know how late they run, I was planning on 3:00ish after nap?

Next ~ we find the free trolley shuttle you can take from Plantation Center over to Harbour Town where ~ we can climb a lighthouse & take the kids to a really neat playground.

Finally, trolley back to Guiseppi's where we use restaurant.com coupons for $25.00 each, does anyone know if they take reservations?

If the DDs are still willing & able maybe Ice cream at Salty Dogs?

Am I missing something, any must sees, tips, ideas etc???

P.S. I am also looking for any Beach Photographer information?

Thanks so much, I’m already there in my dreams!!!
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

You will have to pay a daily entrance fee but it's good all day. You will have to pay the fee for the stables and all others you mentioned. I think there's a DVC member that lives on HH and frequents this board. Maybe they live in Sea Pines and will respond and can arrange you entrance. I don't believe Guiseppi's takes reservations, it's pretty much a loud, small pizza place.

For ice Cream, Shelter Cove is likely a better place to get it, maybe when you're watching the show and fireworks there if they're going on when you go to HH. I think they usually stop around Labor Day. I'm sure you'll have to reserve the stable rides but don't know about the little ones.

There's a little place in Harbour Town to get ice cream. We got cones, then went out and sat on a bench watching the boats. Although that was in March-I'm sure it's much more crowded now.

More details please!! I am leaving for HH in 2 weeks and this sounds like a cool place for my 8 year old.

Where is it in reference to the resort?

ANy idea on the price of the horse back riding?

Is the playground to "small" for 8 DS??

Thanks,
Kim

Never stayed at the DVC on HH, so I can't comment on where it is, but we stay in Sea Pines every year and go to pretty much all these places. We'll be there in 3 weeks (yea!), and we plan to check out the DVC this time.

If you're not staying in Sea Pines, you do pay to enter. Harbour Town is back a ways into Sea Pines Plantation, but of course, the plantation is not too huge anyway. You can take the trolleys, but be aware that there are two runs - one back and forth from the parking at the front of the plantation, and one that goes back and forth from Harbour Town to the Beach Club, stopping several places in between (including Giuseppe's). Make sure to ask the driver so you don't take the wrong one.

Parking at Harbour Town is tough at night, but you can usually find something by the restaurants across the street as you first enter - don't worry if you miss them. If the lots are full you'll come back by them because your only other option is to drive into the ocean. If you're there the first week of August wave to me - I'll be in one of the units over the shops in Harbour Town.

We like Giuseppe's for take out, but I agree, it's mostly a small, noisy pizza place. Good pizza for HH though.

Can't remember how much we paid for pony rides - maybe $10? A lot depends on who you get to help you. Once we went, I think they gave our younger daughter a ride for free since we were paying for the other one, and led us around for a long time - well worth it. Last time it was a lot more, and we got to walk around a small square exactly 3 times, no more, no less, thank you very much. Don't think we'll do that again as we can do that at the zoo. When they're older we'll definitely trail ride. But, you can pick up sugar cubes at any grocery and walk or bike up to the pastures and feed the horses, my kids love that. Sorry, I don't know how late they run, but you call to make reservations anyway.

The playground at Harbour Town is way cool. I think even an 8 year old would get a kick out of it because a lot of the structures are built right into the old oak trees. We see a lot of older kids playing there, as well as the little ones. Be aware that it's all in sand, so they'll be dirty if they're little.

There's a good ice cream place in the same strip as Giuseppe's but I can't remember the name. Also ice cream at Harbour Town, but very expensive. And if he's still there (but I don't think he'll ever leave) there's a free children's concert at Harbour Town almost every night of the summer by Greg Russell, who's been doing it for 25 years. Adults might not love it, but the kids really eat it up. You have to get there pretty early for a seat, but you can hear it anywhere in Harbour Town. We usually camp out and eat our ice cream while waiting.

Our other favorite thing to do is to go "alligator hunting" on our bikes. We ride around and count how many alligators and turtles we can find each trip. You can find quite a lot back by and in the nature preserve. You can also go on dolphin cruises, or parasailing out of the harbour. The other things we do I think you would do at the DVC, like swimming, tennis, beach, etc.

Okay, that was long, and I'm going to bed. But pm me with any questions and I'll try to help - we've been going for 15 or 20 years now, scary. And hopefully the "Sea Pines native" will also chime in.

Just look at the entry fee to Sea Pines as your parking fee that you would pay in any city. I think they charge $5 to get in.

I also believe they charge $5 to climb the lighthouse.
The playground is great for kids.

Wow ~ Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! :)
The only extra info I have was from a previous post re: pony rides ~ The phone number 843-671-2586; Betsy and Tom the owners are really nice. Can't remember the exact cost to ride, either $40. or $45. for a 1-hour ride, but add on another 30-45 minutes beforehand to get the riders fitted to the horses. For younger children, there are also pony rides available for $5. A reservation is needed, and during the busy weeks they can completely book up. Finally, bring some carrots---it's fun to feed the horses as well!
This may be a post from our Sea Pines Expert, I am very sorry I don’t remember as I just pasted it in my HHI, but Thank You! I will try calling today for more info & be sure to share what I find as our trip is in 2wks! Thanks so much you all!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter