HHN 27 Weekend With A Dash of Disney Updated 10/21 x2 MK & Cowfish

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Trip Reports' started by Raeven, Sep 18, 2017.

1. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

My wife had badly bruised foot one year while we were at WDW. Getting a wheelchair for her was the best idea we ever had. She walks much slower than me at the best of times and we got way more done with me pushing her around in the chair.

:)

Raeven likes this.
  2. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

Yikes! So sorry about your blistered feet! Josh is a good guy for agreeing to push you in a wheelchair :love: That WS walk is looonnnngggggg…even with healthy feet! You wouldn't have been able to enjoy any of it, so it's smart that you did that.

That loaded mac and cheese looks awesome! I can't wait to try that in a couple of weeks!

Raeven likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

I find this "what would we tell a friend to do" motto highly beneficial in all walks of life (no pun intended) ;) So glad you did this, no reason to suffer unnecessarily (at least any more than you already were!)

Yay! :thumbsup2

Adorable. ::yes::

Yes, you must!

That's awesome you did this. I need to be better about doing this myself, because so many CMs really make our vacations truly magical :wizard:

YUMMMM

Okay, this looks like something I must try someday. Although it looks like a challenge to eat!

:rotfl:

Yes, I hope so too! :goodvibes

Raeven likes this.
  5. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Ugghh!! Blisters are the worst!! I had one day on our trip that, by the end of the day, I could barely put weight on my feet. Had I felt like that first thing in the morning, I would have done exactly what you did. I think that it was absolutely the best decision. I can only imagine how painful it was for you!

People say that. And they're right. You absolutely shouldn't. Except I always do. And I feel like everyone else does, too. And if you don't, then they often pop on their own anyway, and then you can't control whether they get disinfected and bandaged properly, etc. No judgement.

Yay! Josh to the resscue!

Bahaha! Oh, it must have been such a burden on you. :P

Nathan said this, too! (Yes, he recently went to F&W without me. Don't want to talk about it. Traumatic. haha)

This looks amazing! I love avocado! <3

Oh my gosh, he would be so hard not to buy! I'm in the same boat as you though.

:rotfl2:

Raeven likes this.
  6. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Yeah they were really awful, I have pretty sensitive skin so I think I’m prone to things like that, but I’ve avoided them before so I definitely thnk it was my sneakers. I felt silly for it at the time, but I was defintely glad I did it afterwards.

You have to try one from one of the festivals those are even better!

Thank you!

Yikes that sounds awful, but I agree the wheelchair is a great idea for anything that would make walking painful. There’s just too much walking there to get by with an injury.

Josh said that too that we were moving faster since we could walk as fast as he could :rotfl: He has such long legs sometimes he has to stop and wait for me to catch up!

He is :lovestruc That was definitely a deciding factor I couldn’t imagine walking all the way around the WS when I had trouble walking around a smaller park the day before.

It is! I’d definitely recommend that booth.

Yes I realized as we were going in that I had recently given a friend the same advice to rent an ECV or wheelchair because of pain while walking, and that it was silly I’d say that to someone else but think I should suffer through it.

I really want it, it’s such a tease to have delicious food that’s too hot to eat when it’s hot out in FL :laughing:

I need to remember to do this more too, this was the first time I used it and I don’t always take down names. I made a mental note of hers while she was helping because she really had to go all over to look for his size. But from what I’ve seen this seems to be the best way to have them get recognition for what they did because the account acknowleges they’ve received it. I’ve even seen them post pictures of CM’s receiving little certificates for things they've done.

So much carrot cake goodness :p

It was a bit of a challenge :laughing:

I’ve been doing a good job talking myself out of buying more :rotfl: but they’re sooo cute!

:thumbsup2

They are! I’m sorry that happened to you. In May I got one in the same place only it was on one foot not two and I managed to limp through, but I couldn’t do that with both feet.

It’s still painful but much easier to walk when they’re popped. And I did have one that was popping on it’s on every so often. We always have plenty in the way of disinfectant, moleskin, and bandaids so I take the risk :rotfl:

:thumbsup2

If I must try all the snacks at F&W so be it :rotfl2:

That sounds trauamatic!

It was! Avocado is so delicious.

I just saw a Robin Hood plush and I reallllly want it, but I’m trying to resist :laughing:

People need to know! No seriously a CM in Mousegears told us people ask where Spaceship Earth is all the time :rotfl:

Tracy161 and saskdw like this.
  7. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Ooohhhh...tough one...I know you have a Robin Hood thing...

Oh my gosh!! Best thing I've ever heard!!

...no, that's a lie. Second best thing. I have a friend who did a college program working at the Emporium, and she said it was shocking (before FoF moved back to 2pm) how many people asked her, "When is the 3:00 parade?" ...um...what?!

Raeven likes this.
  8. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake DIS Veteran

I know-people always say don't pop, but I can't stand unpopped blisters! The pressure really gets to me. I just try to make sure it's sterile, though I think one on my baby toe was close to being infected on our trip :guilty:!

Lauren and I checked out the Cheese Studio and I regretted not getting the trio of cheeses (we both got the stroganoff). I thought we'd try to come back later...but you know how that goes!

Yeah, I wish we could have spent more time together! And that photo-so awkward, looks like we were all standing in a police lineup or something:joker:!

I need to get you my recipe for Brazilian cheese bread! I found one that replicates the version from Fogo de Chao and can make at home! Also super easy-throw it all in a blender, blend it up, then into mini muffin tins and bake! And it's gluten free!

Lauren really liked it when she got it, unfortunately I was so hot and exhausted I forgot to take a bite!

Raeven likes this.
  9. Neverland_Girl

Neverland_Girl Mouseketeer

All of your F&W food looks really good and I'd probably get every single one of them. I feel ya on the wheelchair thing! I'd totally feel like people were judging me for not being old or obviously injured. I'm glad you didn't feel that way though.

Raeven likes this.
  10. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

I just love foxes! It looks like their finally starting to make some of the older Disney fox characters into plushes again so it's a tough decision :rotfl:

One thing I've learned from working in any kind of customer service position is people will ask questions about very obvious things frequently. Whenever there's a holiday people like to call and ask if we're open, if someone answers the phone the answer is yes :laughing:

I think that's just if you don't have the conditions to clean it though? I think if you plan to walk a lot you kind of have to because it makes walking harder. I don't always pop them in the most sterile way, but I put lots of Neosporin on after so that evens out I think? :rotfl: Oh no! That's the worst one for blisters, that's where I got mine.

I wanted that cheese tart so badly :confused3

Yes! We are standing a bit awkwardly :laughing:

Ooo yes yum!

Oh no it's so good!

Everything except the smoothie I'd recommend! Oh yeah I definitely thought I'd get some judgement for not looking sick or injured, but I think people were kind of wrapped up in what they were doing and I didn't feel like anyone was really looking at me. Plus once I started looking at other people in wheelchairs, I noticed a lot of them seemed to have a minor injury or nothing visibly wrong and no one was giving anyone a hard time about it. Because you never really know what someone's going through, they could be really sick and just not look it.

MeghanEmily likes this.
  11. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

Mmmmmm. I could have done without the green onions though, but I'm word like that.

The stroganoff at the cheese studio was really good. I tried to talk Zack into the tart because I think there was something I wouldn't have liked... but I can't remember now! We were going to skip the truffle because we had a different version at our dessert party but couldn't resist the last day lol.

SO GOOD. I shared some shrimp dishes with zack's aunt. I can be weird about my sauce but i could have eaten a plate of these like a entree.

Do it! We got the soup twice from the booth, and when we are at Le Cellier! We especially liked it with pretzel bread dipped in it haha.

I think this was my favorite. I had two or three. I want to try the Rose one because I don't think the normal flavors would be my thing as much.

Zack didn't like this:confused3, so I got two orders :thumbsup2
    We didn't make it back for this and now I'm sad...
    Haha it looks like it needs a fork, but then the bread isn't distributed because you have to remember to take a bite... that's the problem I have with the bread cone foods in Carsland in Disneyland.

We totally would have done the same thing.
    That would have been my worry top. I'm glad you did it so you could enjoy your day, especially after having to shorten your trip! Blisters suck. They seem like they should be minor, but they're always somewhere so you can't walk normally. Zack got one on the ball of his foot, and one morning I came back from the bathroom and he was on the floor with my tweezers to try and pop it:confused3 So after I explained my tweezers were not for popping blisters, I gave him a safety pin but he's scared of needles so he couldn't do it. I don't think he would have done it with the tweezers either, so I didn't feel too bad.

And though I know this isn't the same thread... I'm looking for flights in december right now. Everything was really booked! I found our nights at Pop one day but it was over $200 a night after tax. I liked Pop last January but I don't know it's quite worth that! :rotfl: I'd pay a little extra to stay in the Dolphin first.

Haha! My cousin came to our wedding, and her friend was sad because she want to go to Disney and has never been. So my cousin told her they'd have to plan a trip, and I'd have to go to because I knew everything to get around the best, etc. I told Zack this story, and he goes Whoa, you can have your little girl trips and I don't care but you're not going to Disney without me! :rotfl2:

Raeven and MeghanEmily like this.
  12. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

Just found your TR and am going to binge read it.
    [​IMG]

Quotes to come.

Raeven likes this.
  13. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

I wish we got to try anything from Cheese Studio :sad2: I love cheese so much.

I don't like seafood, but anyone who ate shrimp really seemed to love it!

Ooo yes!

The Rose one is soooo good. The normal flavor ones aren't really my thing either.

Whaat? How can you dislike cheesy bread?

Now you have to go back next year :scratchin

I am not a bread cone fan after some of the insides of that ended up on my leg :rotfl:

I don't know what she wanted us to do :rotfl:

Yeah they do :laughing: TMI but that was pretty much me too. I HATE needles, but I'll probably gross everyone out by mentioning this later. The worse one that wouldn't pop got me to the point where I didn't care anymore because it hurt so much. I was using a combination of soaking it, a pin and squeezing really hard trying to pop it, and I actually ended up puncturing my skin through the blister before the thing would even pop! It was a tough one :crazy2:

Everything was so bad for December that I ended up booking CSR through a third party because it was the best discount I saw! Maybe it's because it's a weekend, right? (I think you were going for a weekend). The weekend rates were crazy. I looked at the Dolphin because everything was so booked and that was too :sad2:

:rotfl: Josh can't go without me, but he told me I could go with friends if I wanted. But then again he doesn't like planning so I think he would be too intimidated :laughing: he's been too spoiled by good planning.

:laughing: I love your gif.

Just a heads up for anyone reading my TR/PTR/watching vlogs. I feel like it's been forever since I last posted! (I know it has only been like a week).
    But I had a busy weekend and then I had to stay late at work today, due to that I get out of work early tomorrow to make up for it so I hope to update all those things tomorrow!
    :jumping1:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017 at 1:02 AM
  14. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

It looks like Josh has shaved was so surprised to see.

Looks awesome but at $6 each they better be good. But then there were the cheese sticks

I recognized it right away as AHS

I had friend recently go to HHN and loved being in the middle of the purge.

YIKES.:faint: We had AK room service for breakfast and it was delicious. Especially the Bloody Mary's.

Raeven likes this.
  15. amyrose26

amyrose26 Earning My Ears

I love this TR! Halloween is the best. I’m super jealous of HHN Adventures.
    And I love that you were wearing an American Horror Story shirt. Season is one my favorite seasons. Btw I just finished season 5 (and 6) so I now get all the AHS in last years HHN tr. hahaha.

Raeven likes this.
  16. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Yes he shaves when we go for summer or it's hot out usually, although I miss the beard :rotfl:

:scratchin maybe I would've gotten my money's worth with cupcakes instead? :laughing:

Thank you!

It was pretty cool!

:rotfl: Sounds like I'll have to try Disney room service one day.

Thank you! It is! Season 1 was good, season 2 is definitely my favorite. Ooo good because my review of the AHS house is coming up soon!

17. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

HHN 27 Weekend: Food & Wine Festival

Well I planned to get my next post up today, but that will have to be tomorrow :rotfl: I did spend some time today though working on my vlog covers, and doing them a different way. As I mentioned before due to everything going on we didn't film a ton at Disney. This one was tough to edit because I didn't have footage of everything I wanted to get footage of, and I wasn't sure how to put everything I had together so sorry if it's short! This vlog briefly features @CatNipRules, Chris, Jordan, and @Lesley Wake.

Lesley Wake and MeghanEmily like this.
  18. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

Next trip take mole skin
    with you

It will save your feet if you get blisters again

I never travel without it and a mini
    size scissors to cut the patches

Raeven likes this.
  19. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

We did :sad2: I always travel with it because I always get blisters. After all these trips I know exactly where to put the spots too and I had even put it on those spots before we did any walking. But it still didn’t help this time. That’s part of I was so surprised with how fast they formed but those shoes have been retired :laughing:

20. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Yay vlog! I'm so desperate to try F&W...next year hopefully. And your pointing at Spaceship Earth photo is still killing me! :rotfl:

Raeven likes this.
  21. rmw1313

rmw1313 Earning My Ears

I'm all caught up! You poor thing...the wheelchair does not look fun :-( . But major props to Josh for being the food runner!

Raeven likes this.