Delete Thread

And try for the targets in the windows they're worth more!)

Thanks! Good to know!:thumbsup2

We also loved Scary Tales! It was so good. It opens with the Wicked Witch flying overhead, and then there's all these "cursed" fairytales. Like Goldilocks killing the Three Bears, Rapunzel's hair going alive and attacking, (I've just realized if I go into more detail I might say something too graphic for Disboards so I'll cut it there), etc. And Alyssa and I were terrified by a bear in this one :rotfl: This was another one we knew we'd have to go back through especially because there was a special effects scare with the witch near the end that only Josh saw.

We liked that house a lot!

I forgot to quote, but it seems you had fun! I mean even the photos freak me out, so I don't think I'll ever go!

FINALLY had time to sit down and read through everything all at once!! I've read bits and pieces but hadn't put it all together yet.

and Killer Klowns from Outerspace :rotfl:

EgEeqN0l.jpg

This is awesome. I love this movie. I made Matt watch it last weekend and he thought it was funny but didn't appreciate it as much as I do, LOL. It's a classic for a reason!!

and losing to me at Men In Black :P

haha!!

We were also joined by @amalone1013 & her husband for 2 of our HHN nights & brunch one day which was a lot of fun.

zTqs92zl.jpg

Yay!!!

Aww...I like these people! And their shirts!!

I finished reading "Hidden Bodies" which if you're watching the Lifetime series "You", this is the second book in the series which will be the second season. (Btw I think the first book was much better, and the show is nailing how creepy the guy is so far).

I was going to ask you if you'd read the second book. I still haven't, although it's always on the sale rack at Barnes and Noble. I decided after last week's episode that Shay Mitchell is a way better actress on here than she was on PLL. I hated her being cast as Peach, but it's working. I can separate tv show Peach from book Peach better than I usually can. Probably b/c she's pretty :rotfl::rotfl:

Our bag was one of the first out,

How did you manage to get lucky with that?? I swear ours are always last

(We booked a nonrefundable rate for 3 days in Dec so we will be soon).

I hope the December room is better

sautéed mushrooms

I would eat those for you! Matt skips mushrooms too. I am always the designated mushroom and olive eater

A hilarious shirt that I didn't buy, but kind of wish I had:

iu0bIpyl.jpg

That is amazing. I keep seeing a sweatshirt in my targeted facebook ads that say Myers 78 on the back, like a jersey

and the ducks were coming!

z4ky4f0-gif.354763

F0vPPt3l.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl:

and one of the guys decided to play a duck call he had downloaded to entice the ducks to him.

I don't even know what to say to this. A duck call on his PHONE? Who invents these apps??

Spoiler alert: Plus there's a swamp yeti at the end that got us good.

tenor-gif.354766

(Not a swamp yeti, but this reminds me of the Bigfoot statue @xlsm got me if it came to life and was full of swag :rotfl:)

Hahaha!! That bigfoot is swagulous! I love him!

Maybe they should put this picture in Scary Tales :rotfl:

SXruoVBl.jpg

hey the guys at the beginning of Shrek were scared of him so why not?? I'd totally visit a shrek themed scare zone :rotfl:

Killer Klowns was the last movie we watched about 2 nights before we went, and I instantly LOVED it. It's so ridiculous, but so wonderful.

Yes!! I already left my comments about Killer Klowns above, but honestly, it's hysterical and I love it

and there were a lot of tater tots

sold. more things should have tater tots as sides!!!

I love the burned alive color!!

I always say this, but i really need to go to HHN!! I feel like it's my level of haunted house-ness, and I could handle it.

Aww man, I hate that your Discovery Cove experience was such a let down, but it really does seem like you had a pretty lousy time there! I agree that the food's not all that fabulous. We thought breakfast was slightly better than lunch, but still not fantastic. Which, I agree, should really not be an issue with how much you pay! The only food/drink items we really enjoyed were snacks (mostly pre-packaged stuff) and icees/frozen adult beverages. We've only ever done it by going super early in the morning and leaving mid-afternoon, but I completely agree that you should be able to have a good experience here regardless of what time of day you're there. ....But seriously...Josh imitating that bird made me laugh out loud! All of your interactions with the birds were pretty hilarious, really. How lame that they didn't have someone to give you food!

What a WILD day you had with Uber! Oh my goodness!! :eek::eek::eek: I have never heard horror stories with Uber quite like these!

I didn't read that properly first time......I was wondering why I didn't see that nun at HHN :rotfl:

You`re the third person to say they were so disappointed in Discovery Cove...….met some folks at RP who were annoyed they had wasted a lot of money for not very much...….still, least you know you won`t go back...…..shame though that it didn't live up to the hype. You shouldn't have to be there super early to have fun.

What an Uber mix up!!!! But, worked out better than it might have......you do hear some horror stories!

Love the Trick r Treat outfit!!! But, yes, it`s been so hot......

I think I've mentioned it before, but I'm not completely crazy about swimming so while I wanted to try Discovery Cove again I figured Josh would enjoy some parts of it more than me, so when he said he was thinking we should go I left it up to him. We agreed to leave, and that we wouldn't be back. We really thought the first time was a one off, but this time I still didn't like the food, found the animal interactions lacking (there really wasn't much to see and I was disappointed there was no one working in the aviary to give us bird food). Josh was disappointed in the lack of employees whenever we were looking for something and the fact that every time we go we have to get out of the water with no idea of if we'll be able to get back in before the day ends. I know, we did get there later in the day, (though the fact that we were so late was because of Uber) but again I don't think the time you get there should make a difference if you still get there with several hours left in the day. We concluded this was a pretty expensive mistake, but lesson learned.
Aw man, that really sucks. But at least you know now so you don’t put money towards the expensive extras.

Those Uber’s were just weird!

Hiii!! I’m here to follow along! I haven’t been on the Dis much lately, so trying to get all caught up.

We loved HHN this year, and in our opinion it was one of our favorite years since HHN25, even if the weather was gross and I got a little sick near the end of the trip, but no blisters this time!
Yes! I agree! This year was my favorite we’ve been to so far.

Luck you no blisters! I was lucky enough to get the blisters this year. By our 4th day i contemplated getting a wheelchair they were so bad.

but for some reason people were not really lined up in any order at the gate, and when they started the actual boarding everyone from the first group just ran forward :confused:
That is so strange. Every SW flight I’ve been on everyone is asking what number you are so we can all be in the correct order lol

Then we decided to have lunch at Cowfish! It was crowded so we were seated at the bar. Josh got his typical order which he loves.
I love Cowfish, and i always get the same thing every time we go too lol (Shroomin’ Swiss Burger)

We sat down in Knockturn Alley to eat this because it was so hot out.
RIGHT?! I feel like this is the hottest/most humid September we’ve ever been down there for.

SLAUGHTER SINEMA WAS AMAZING!
Agreed!!!

I loved all the little details, and a large Critter puppet scared the bejeezus out of Alyssa and I.
Oh god. It got me good too! I loved those mini critters too. But i think my favorite room was the werewolf bikers ( i can’t remember the name!).

Some of them looked western? Some of them looked like hipsters? There were a lot less of them than usual, and we weren't really sure what they were supposed to be
I think they were suppose to be like macabre circus sideshow acts. Atleast Thad what i though of when i saw the bearded “lady.” It almost feels like they took the amount of chainsaw scare actors that were in the Simpson area last year, and split them between there and San Francisco.

Seeds of Extinction was basically a walk straight in line, although it was one of the longest queues (the other being where Trick R Treat is, both the super long queues are in the Kidzone area).
I literally thought the exit after that house was NEVER going to end. I’m pretty sure i walked like twelve miles back to the park.

I also thought the idea itself wasn't that great, and the uneven floor in the one part was uncomfortable to walk on and almost caused us to trip
Definitely uncormfortable. I also feel it was bad planning to ALSO have a scare actor pop out at you when you’re trying to stay balanced.. i wonder how many people have fallen over because of that.

We also loved Scary Tales! It was so good.
This was in my top three!! The smells in this house were incredible.

This scare zone was perfect! It had everything (although we didn't catch everything the first night). It had the characters (human and klown), the klowns were nailing it too and were the perfect amount of menacing, it had the music, everything looked great, etc. They even used projections on the building to show the shadow puppet scene (but we didn't notice that until the next night).
100000% agree!! I loved this scare zone soooooo much. Even with those huge costumes on the actors still did a really great job interacting with the guests.

Can’t wait to hear what you think about the rest of the houses. I also really enjoyed Vamp ‘85. I hope you were able to get back over there when it was dark and check out the ball drop!

We've had some not great experiences with Uber - but nothing like you guys!!! Last year we were leaving HHN and arranged for an Uber - that ride got cancelled somehow 3 times before we finally got one - such a mess!!!

I've been wondering about Discovery Cove, we've never been. Thinking about adding it on to our trip in a few weeks, but it's so pricey!!! Will really have to think it over!

We've had some not great experiences with Uber - but nothing like you guys!!! Last year we were leaving HHN and arranged for an Uber - that ride got cancelled somehow 3 times before we finally got one - such a mess!!!

We've never had that happen before either! That day was just insane for Uber rides. We hadn't had the cancellation thing happen until more recently, but yeah we've gotten people cancel a few times in a row. I always wonder if they change their mind if the fare isn't really high or see a fare that's more and take that instead.

I've been wondering about Discovery Cove, we've never been. Thinking about adding it on to our trip in a few weeks, but it's so pricey!!! Will really have to think it over!

It's hard to say because a lot of people I've heard from do enjoy it, but for what you pay we really don't think it's worth it.

Oh my goodness we would excellent HHN buddies......I agree with everything you said about the houses...….

Yes, when someone presses the red button in Carnival Graveyard someone else gets sprayed...….lol...….loved that house!!! But, that is so weird, on another night we were held up going into that house due to a "guest incident"......house was cleared of guests and SA...….we never did hear what happened......but we waited 20 minutes and were about to leave when we saw the SA going back in...….rumours were flying but no one ever confirmed what it was.

Loved Slaughter Sinema too, and now though I have to go check out Curious George!!!!! I have never noticed that before...…….:rotfl:

Loving your report :thumbsup2

I recently watched trick or treat for the first time. So this last post made me super excited. I actually hate scary movies but love haunted houses. So I am sure I would have loved the trick or treat house. Those leggings were amazing too. Where did you get them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!