HHN - How does it affect Universal?

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Heading down for a quick trip the week before HHN starts. Curious from a theming perspective, how does it affect US? I'm guessing they live Diagon Alley alone, but what about Springfield, Production Central and New York? Do the decorations, houses and scare zones detract from the feel of each area?

I don’t find it a distraction. Depending on how elaborate the Scare Zones are going to be this year you will see props in those areas where they are located if they start construction a week out. I’am assuming they will because the haunted houses and scare zones take some work to construct.

No there is nothing changed in Diagon Alley.

I don’t find it a distraction. Depending on how elaborate the Scare Zones are going to be this year you will see props in those areas where they are located if they start construction a week out. I’am assuming they will because the haunted houses and scare zones take some work to construct.

No there is nothing changed in Diagon Alley.

Where are the Haunted Houses located - In the general park area or in the backstage soundstages?

Where are the Haunted Houses located - In the general park area or in the backstage soundstages?

They use some of the queues for the park rides but the houses themselves are typically backstage. Most of the bigger props for the scare zones are brought in between the the hour that UO closes and HHN opens.

They use some of the queues for the park rides but the houses themselves are typically backstage. Most of the bigger props for the scare zones are brought in between the the hour that UO closes and HHN opens.

So if it's the week before, are they just covered up?

So if it's the week before, are they just covered up?

Depending on the size of the prop it could just be roped off. For example in the Alien Scare zone last year there was a giant crashed flying saucer in front of the old disaster queue. During the day it was just roped off but night the ropes were removed and had some cool effects.

On the other side of that in the trick r treat scare zone there was a scene recreation from the movie that was covered during the day and then exposed at night.

I think that they cover what would be scarier for younger kids during the day.

Some hhn props are covered up
so no one is offended or frightened by them during the regular park hours

HHN begins mid September and runs weekends and two weekday nights through Halloween

We went the year they added HHN in Nov because of a hurricane (Matthew?). So we weren't expecting it to be going on while we were there (surprise!). We saw a few props here and there, mostly near Minions but nothing that really detracted from theming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter