Hi All :) (New poster)

Mark Somerville

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Just signed up so thought I'd say Hi.:wave:
Been watching the DIS and DISunplugged vids for a good few years now and also listen to the podcasts, so not sure why I've never thought to join in here.

We (Wife and I) are big WDW/Orlando fans from the UK and try to get over every couple of years.
We much prefer onsite as it works best for us, a big part of a WDW vacation for us is the evening food/wine/entertainment so we like to be close by... especially to Disney Springs now.

Last trip we took the plunge and bought a small DVC contract direct with Disney ('hey its free Fastpasses and a gift card! Lets just go along and get those.. we wont buy anything.. definitely not!') and are due to go back in September for 19 nights at OKW (and then 2 nights at Hard Rock Hotel to get our Potter fix).
This time my Brother and his family will be with us with their 3 children, we don't have kids so really looking forward to seeing the different side of Disneyworld and doing things such as Character meets and attractions like Storytime with Belle that we wouldn't usually do.

Not sure how I feel about Galaxy's edge now opening just after we arrive (We get to OKW on 7th of September), I moved our original date from October to avoid the crowds but then felt bad that I could be robbing our family the chance of seeing it (albeit it across a sea of heads) so mixed feelings but excited nonetheless. They are staying onsite for 14 nights at POR so hopefully, there will be on site perks in place that make it not so bad.

Looking forward to getting tips and tricks to help our planning.

Nice to 'meet' you all.

Mark :tigger:

Welcome.

im sure it will be somewhat crowded but i think since Glaxay's Edge is in Hollywood Studios you can hit the other 3 parks and enjoy the time. when you go to MK, go to the firehouse 1st. they have a card game that interacts around the MK park. i think your brother kids would like that. it can be a side thing they can do while walking around MK. also since you are staying at a Disney resort, i would take the chance to book any dinning you want to do because they do fill up quick. if you know what day you are going to MK book Be Our Guest. when i went i had to book 6 month in advance and only 1 day was offer to use because of the big number of people we were. since you are DVC memebers i would look at the event calendar to see if there is anything you would like to do or if there is a special DVC members only event. also know make sure you know where the DVC lounge are at in the parks. its a great place to rest get free drink (if they still do it) and charge phone if you need to.

Hi, where in The UK are you?
Hi Eric, We are in a little (1 pub, 1 church, no shops) village about 10 miles from Cambridge.

Welcome.

im sure it will be somewhat crowded but i think since Glaxay's Edge is in Hollywood Studios you can hit the other 3 parks and enjoy the time. when you go to MK, go to the firehouse 1st. they have a card game that interacts around the MK park. i think your brother kids would like that. it can be a side thing they can do while walking around MK. also since you are staying at a Disney resort, i would take the chance to book any dinning you want to do because they do fill up quick. if you know what day you are going to MK book Be Our Guest. when i went i had to book 6 month in advance and only 1 day was offer to use because of the big number of people we were. since you are DVC memebers i would look at the event calendar to see if there is anything you would like to do or if there is a special DVC members only event. also know make sure you know where the DVC lounge are at in the parks. its a great place to rest get free drink (if they still do it) and charge phone if you need to.

Thats for the tips Stitch. Our ADR window opens at 11am UK time on Monday for our BOG booking the morning of our first full day. Ive booked myself a fake meeting for that time at work so I am free to try and get it on opening :)

Welcome Mark! Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned! Enjoy!

I have a water color on oak tag of Pinocchio which a friend aquired at the opening of Disneyworld in Florida. I cannot read the name of the artist
Looks like it begins wit G and ends with R.
My friend said artist was a known Disney artist and it would appreciate in value...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter