HIFS vs. ASSports?

zandjmom

Mouseketeer
Here's my situation. I have 10 day reservation at HIFS for $119. I can get two rooms at ASSports for $130 (we have 5 people). Should I split my stay up? HIFS has free breakfast, kids eat free, cool pools, bingo, karaoke every night. At *** we would have to pay for all of our food but we would get to experience the magic on property. This is our first trip by the way. I was thinking of splittin 6/4 or 7/3. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated!
Thanks.

21 days to go!!!

After the great Room and services at HIFS,I sure was disappointed with All Stars, I didn't find ANY magic in their motel 6 type room. There are No extras!! It is just a plain room with a small bathroom.

If you were going to a Moderate it might be different. But at a Value,I would keep your Ressies at HIFS. WE found it much more magical!!!!! IMHO!!

love e-nights (and ee in mk and mgm) so its on site every time for me!

And well, going to All Stars, saves on transportation fees, plus early entry, and the busses work fine..

We take regular public transportation all the time so the bus service was fine for us.

We are Park people, so our room is just a crash pad after 12 hours in the parks.

How important is it to have two bathrooms? Just something to consider. We used to never stay onsite. Now, I would probably stay at the AS's just to be on site, as opposed to staying at a more luxurious off site property. (We stayed at the MOWC in December and while very nice, we missed the magic!) I will admit, however, a pool with a slide is pretty important. Does HIFS have one? ASSp does not. Also, I understand there are some restrictions about swim diapers and little ones in the big pools at HIFS--if that would be a consideration for you.

If you don't have a rental car the transportation is better from ***. You also get the second bathroom and free parking with ***. HIFS is a great location but the free breakfast has gotten mixed reviews on this board.

I have to vote for AS! Even though I have heard some great things about HIFS, you can't beat that magic Disney feeling! :bounce:

Sorry,but all the Magic Happened at HIFS!! The first 4 days of our trip!! I wouldn't change anything!! You will have more perks at HIFS!! and They try harder to Keep you happy!!!!

The next 10 days at All Stars was a nightmare. Starting with wet carpets,that didn't dry for 3 days,and Management wouldn't change our room and that's just the start of what was wrong!!

If you must stay at WDW go higher than a value room!!

The moderates are having a sale,try that!!

Last year we split a stay between HIFS and ASM and for us the magic was in the parks and at HIFS. We stayed there again this year with a 3 day stay at AKL and believe it or not my kids still prefer the HIFS. The activities for the kids are great, and with the mini golf now open it just got even better.

My kids (6-16) also prefer HIFS to onsite. Both times we split the stay-Beach Club in 99, Dixie in 00. I could not get over the fact that all 5 said HIFS. But they did. Onsite, the biggest advantage for us was the second bathroom. We had annual passes so parking was not a factor at all. Obviously, while the free breakfast was my biggest advantage (imagine feeding 7!), it was not the kids'. They loved the pool, the tv/nintendo, the karaoke and games, the games room, the shuffleboard and pingpong. . . And, did you say that the mini-golf is now open? Shh. We can't afford to head back this year. But when we do, HIFS will definitely have a place for this family.

Thanks for all the input. We decided to stay the first 6 nights at HIFS and the last 4 at Homerun Hotel. The kids loved the pictures of the ASSp and we decided to give it a try. I would love to get two moderate rooms but it is just not in our budget. I hope we're no disappointed. 2 weeks to go!!!

I gotta tell you- we just got back from our 4 th trip to WDW and stayed at ASMu for the first time. We have always stayed off-site before.
I can' t believe the difference. I loved EE- we have never enjoyed MK like we did this time- no crowds or major line waiting- it was amazing. Also= loved the transportation. Rode the buses everywhere with no problems. I didn't have to concentrate on not missing a turn- I enjoyed the ride with DD- total relaxation- not what you typically think of when you think WDW.

You are correct when you say that they aren't top of the line rooms- but the exterior is festive, the pools are cute (loved the 3 Cabalaros with water guns in the middle of the guitar), the rooms are neat and clean. We showered and slept there- that is it. We left first thing in the morning and returned late at night.

We will NEVER stay anywhere but on-site from now on. I have had friends who I thought were crazy because of this- now I get to join the looney bin!!!
:bounce: :pinkbounc

It wouldn't be any contest to me. I would stay on site.
We stayed at CSR, and even paid for lagoon view rooms. We used our room to shower and sleep. Except DH did use the hot tub 3 - 4 times.
One thing DH REALLY liked about that vaction was NO DRIVING! Just hopping a bus was very nice. No driving or parking; no rental car expense.

I stayed at All Star Music in Sept of 2000 and HIFS in January 2001. There is NO comparison.

I like the transportation at ASM but that was where it ended. HIFS is incredible. My son is now DISAPPOINTED that we are staying at the Dolphin in May! Because of the HIFS, we changed out ressie from a room to a suite because we're now spoiled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter