Hilton - Gatwick Airport

tyke

Imagineer
I am considering booking a hotel + parking package at the Hilton Gatwick.

I pressume that the car will be parked in one of the airport secure parking lots - will I be able to return to the car on the morning of our flight to 'dispose' of the unwanted clothing from the previous day + if so are the parking lots easily accessible from the hotel !

Comments about the hotel would be appreciated !

The cheapest price I have found is through Holiday Extras at £127.00 for 1 night room only + upto 15 days parking - how does this sound !!!!

Tyke

When we stayed at the Hilton in October the car parking was at the airport secure carparks about 5 minutes drive from the hotel (very large carparks so make a note of the row and nearest bus stop).

We found the hotel very nice and convenient for the terminal building, shops and restaurants etc. Eating in the hotel is very expensive though - and don't even look at the minibar prices in the room!!

There is a shuttle bus that runs between the terminal and the carparks - about every 15 mins. I think. The hotel is joined to the terminal building with a walk way.

So it wouldn't be too bad to nip back to the car and drop your stuff off - probably take about 1/2 hour round trip.

Mmm - intersting.

We have booked above with Virgin as part of our package for the last four years, and again for this October. With Virgin your car is parked in the hotel's car park RIGHT NEXT DOOR. This makes it very convenient when offloading luggage, chucking overnight gear in the car the following morning and when you arrive back.

Whatever, even if non-Virgin and you're in the secure lot via bus 5 mins away, the Hotel is an excellent choice. There is a walkway which goes from the hotel lobby direct into the terminal - you just merrily wheel yer trollies to the check-in desks.

Any other Qs, give us a shout.

Weve always parked 5 minutes outside of the airport, the car is parked directly outside of where you stay, complimentary transport/ good size breakfast with ensuite room, and 3 weeks parking £85, last year we paid £75 for the room and 2 weeks parking, i guess unless you really wanna stay close, bargains are to be had elsewhere

Jules

Last time I used the Hilton I booked with Virgin. This time the travel agent used a different company. I just assumed that I'd leave the car at the hotel and the hotel would move it to long term parking and then bring it back for my return.

Does this happen or is it just Virgin customers who get that priviledge. (As I live less than 40 minutes from Gatwick it defeats the object of using the Hilton if I then have to get a bus to Long term parking!)

Anyone know what happens?

I was looking at the Hilton on one of the websites, as we'll be using it next year. The website said that there is NO overnight parking at the hotel and that you have to move the car to long term parking yourself. As I've booked the flights with Virgin direct it may be worth paying a few quid extra to book the hilton with them too if, as you say, you can then park at the hilton. Just makes life that little bit easier.

I've already paid for it in full unfortunately. I had just assumed this was a hotel service and not something special for Virgin customers.:(

I would certainly check what you are getting as Virgin is quite a bit more expensive (but this may explain why!)

Is it possible to gain access to any of the restaurants within the airport on the night before we fly (I am not familiar with Gatwick !)

Tyke

You can go into all the restaurants and shops in the airport. Most of the restaurants are open until 10pm - and a few are open 24 hours (e.g McDonalds).

Check out the Gatwick website for more details of what's available:

http://www.baa.co.uk/airzone3/gatwick/directory_frame.html

If you stay at the Hilton you just walk from the hotel along a raised covered walk way into the airport south terminal building and head up stairs to the shops and restaurants. There's even an internet cafe so you can let us know how you're getting on :)

Originally posted by tyke
I am considering booking a hotel + parking package at the Hilton Gatwick.

I pressume that the car will be parked in one of the airport secure parking lots - will I be able to return to the car on the morning of our flight to 'dispose' of the unwanted clothing from the previous day + if so are the parking lots easily accessible from the hotel !

Comments about the hotel would be appreciated !

The cheapest price I have found is through Holiday Extras at £127.00 for 1 night room only + upto 15 days parking - how does this sound !!!!

Tyke

Hi Tyke

I've booked a hotel (not the hilton) with parking thru holiday extras and they seem to be the cheapest and they price match !!!

The Gatwick Hilton is situated right next to the South Terminal short term parking and has it's own covered walkway directly into the South Terminal.

If you book thru holiday extras then you have to take the car yourself to the long term car park after you have checked in - I would assume you would have to make your own way back from the car park to the hotel.

I would imagine you'll be able to take your "unwanted" clothing back to the car on the morning of the flight but I've never actually done this myself - I'm sure other people on the forum will set this straight !!

Neil

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter