Hilton Head DVC - One Day each in Savannah and Charleston

vacationer1954

DIS Veteran
I'm starting to pull together a plan for our first visit to the Hilton Head DVC in mid-March. Because we don't expect this to be a our last visit we are looking to put together a well-rounded plan that leaves some of the top attractions for our future visits rather than trying to cram all the "must see's" in one trip. We figure that the trip will be a combination of history and architecture, and natural beauty (as, especially in Savannah, the flowers should be starting to bloom). I figure we have about 7-8 hours to spend in Charleston and 8-9 hours to spend in Savannah.

Any suggestions for swaps - removing something from our plan or adding something in - would be appreciated. I'd especially appreciate an alternative suggestion for the afternoon in Savannah.

Charleston: Walking the historic district including visits to the Old Slave Mart Museum and the Old Powder Magazine. Afternoon at Magnolia Plantation.

Savannah: Walking the historic district including visits to Davenport House and Owens-Thomas House (maybe also Harper Fowlkes house?). Afternoon at Bonadventure Cemetery and Wormsloe.

I would post this in the DVC section. You'll probably get more help there.

Enjoy HHI! It's one of our favorite places to visit.

We stayed at Disney HH and did a day in Savannah and one in Charleston. In Chaleston we took one of the walking tours and learned a lot! We also visited one of the old plantations, and learned so much about the rice and indigo industries and a lot about the wealth in the South and its relationship to the Civil War. However, Beaufort SC, so close to HH was also a lovely area to hear about the history and browse. We toured that one afternoon, so that is a possibility. It was wonderful.

Love HH! I think your plan sounds great! You could also stop in Beaufort for dinner on your way back from Charleston if you wanted. But that would be a really long day since Charleston is about two hours each way from HH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter