Hilton Head in 3 weeks...a few questions?

Another favorite was beach combing on Daufuskie Island which we did in conjunction with a fishing trip.

Do you remember what charter/company you used? I am taking notes from this tread for our upcoming trip in October and that would make both my kids happy in the same trip :)

Do you remember what charter/company you used? I am taking notes from this tread for our upcoming trip in October and that would make both my kids happy in the same trip :)
Sorry, I do not. It was about 15 years ago and I made the arrangements through the resort at the recreation window. I just googled Daufuskie beach combing and none of the charters sounded familiar, but there seems to be plenty of options!

I've been to a bunch of restaurants there and sometimes they are good and sometimes they are not...all of them. It is hit or miss. Except the one staple that is what you expect every time is Frosty Frog in Coligny plaza. Good frozen drinks like at Fat Tuesday and pub food.
We'll be going next July 2019. First time for us. Thanks for posting this info!

We used Bulldog fishing charter for DH, my mom's BF and my 2 DDs to go fishing. They really had a great time.

We'll be going next July 2019. First time for us. Thanks for posting this info!
Request top floor villa. The walls are very thin and the solid surface flooring makes it sooooo noisy if you have neighbors above. But you have to walk up to 3rd floor via steps...if 2BR. All (most...just a handful are in the 3BR GV buildings) the studios and 1BR villas are in the main building, 11 and 12, and have elevator.

Last edited:
Request top floor villa. The walls are very thin and the solid surface flooring makes it sooooo noisy if you have neighbors above. But you have to walk up to 3rd floor via steps...if 2BR. All the studios and 1BR villas are in the main building, 11 and 12, and have elevator.

Not all studios or 1 bedrooms are in the main building. We stayed in a studio in building 30.

We were just there a few weeks ago - we rented bikes for the kids from the resort because it just seemed easier. They were given locks with the bikes but they parked them in the rack outside the villa and didn't even lock them most times.

We stayed in building 31, hands down my favorite location out of the few times we've stayed there. I prefer the upper floor but we did get a call from the front desk with a noise complaint from downstairs (honestly I didn't even think my kids were being loud), sorry people downstairs!

They always have a kids night in on Saturdays from 6 to 9. My daughter's been doing it for years and at 11 will still choose to do it :-) . Sometimes there is a wine tasting or coffee tasting that Chef Gordon puts on. Highly recommended!

Does anyone have a copy of the activities that they do each week? We haven't been to the resort in 5 years and we arrive on Sunday for 6 days. Do they still do the pirate party/pool party on Tuesday nights? BBQ as well?

We arrive on Saturday for eight days :wave:
They still have the pirate pool party and barbecue on Tuesday nights.
Call Disney Hilton Head Resort 1-843-341-4100 and they will email you a copy of the weekly activities. party:

Does anyone have a copy of the activities that they do each week? We haven't been to the resort in 5 years and we arrive on Sunday for 6 days. Do they still do the pirate party/pool party on Tuesday nights? BBQ as well?

They've done a USA party the last couple years we've been there. They don't do a buffet bbq but Tide Me Over has a special bbq plate for sale. It's fun but we liked the pirate party a little better.

The pdf for the activities is too large to attach but if you DM me I can e-mail it to you.

We arrive on Saturday for eight days :wave:
They still have the pirate pool party and barbecue on Tuesday nights.
Call Disney Hilton Head Resort 1-843-341-4100 and they will email you a copy of the weekly activities. party:
I called and she said she would email but she did not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter