Hilton Head Island and celebrating Jack's 21st Disney style! ~ update 06/28

suse66

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!
Hello my friends!

I hope you have all been staying safe and well! Here in Ontario we have just moved to stage 2 re-opening. Restaurants are now allowed to have patio dining and I had fun going out for lunch with Jack when we went to his university house to pick up a few things. Bill and I were able to go out for drinks on our anniversary this Friday which was a lot of fun. Malls have opened but I am a little leery of that yet and am happy to shop online still. I do have a spa day booked though for July 10th and am so looking forward to a little pampering!

I have some 2021 plans in the works!!

March 13th to 20th at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort!

I am looking forward to a week of relaxing beach walks, bike rides, exploring and general enjoyment. I figure this is a perfect way to get a little taste of Disney without the crowds and busyness of a theme park. Plus I have banked 2019 DVC points that I need to use before they expire in June '21. Have you been to Hilton Head before? I am so excited to check it out!

August 24th - September 1st, 2021 at Boulder Ridge Villas!

I can't wait to be back in my happy place! This trip is my first mother/son trip with my oldest son, Jack. We will be celebrating his 21st birthday ~ Disney style! Today was the first day existing ticket holders could book park reservations. I went online this morning feeling cautiously optimistic and was very happy to get all my days booked in under 15 minutes! While it feels weird to be booking park tickets for a trip that is 420 days away, it's done. Who knows how things will change over the next year but I hope it will all work out.

I will book our studio at Boulder Ridge at the 11 month mark and hope to modify it to include three night in a savannah view room at AKL as well.

As of now, our park days look like this;

August 24th @ Epcot
August 25th @ Magic Kingdom
August 26th @ Hollywood Studios
August 27th @ Animal Kingdom
August 28th ~ resort day
August 29th @ Hollywood Studios
August 30th @ Epcot
August 31st @ Magic Kingdom
September 1st ~ resort day/departure

disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
If everything works out we will be there at the same time for a few days, yay!
Making park reservations was odd. I hope things change up some by August 2021 for the parks!

• suse66

If everything works out we will be there at the same time for a few days, yay!
    Making park reservations was odd. I hope things change up some by August 2021 for the parks!
    I hope so too....it would be hard to imagine the parks without hopping! It would be so fun to meet up with you two! :)

suse66

Changes already!!

Leasson learned....don't make park reservations without consulting your travel party! Jack has been asked to be a groomsman in a friend's wedding in Indiana on Labour Day weekend of '21. He needs to be there either the 29th or 30th to help out before the wedding so he wants to leave Disney by the 29th. So we decided to go two days earlier which would mean leaving here on the 21st or 22nd. When Jack leaves on the 29th, I am going to stay on for a few days of solo time in the parks!

After being away from my happy place for so long, the idea of a little additional time is awesome!

So August 29th - September 1st will be a mini solo trip for me, turning this trip into a 10 night, 11 day extravanganza!

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
    I totoally missed that you started this!

Bill and I were able to go out for drinks on our anniversary this Friday which was a lot of fun.
    Happy Anniversary! Mike and I went out for our Anniversary this past Friday too. Ours was actually June 22nd.

March 13th to 20th at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort!
    Awesome! We love DHHIR and HHI. It's so peaceful and relaxing. There's a link to an old TR of mine in my signature if you want to see photos.

August 24th - September 1st, 2021 at Boulder Ridge Villas!
    How fun! But we'll miss you by a month :sad2:

I went online this morning feeling cautiously optimistic and was very happy to get all my days booked in under 15 minutes!
    Excellent! I'm happy you got what you wanted :thumbsup2

suse66

I totoally missed that you started this!
    Glad to have you here! :)
    Happy Anniversary! Mike and I went out for our Anniversary this past Friday too. Ours was actually June 22nd.
    Happy Anniversary to you two! ♥
    Awesome! We love DHHIR and HHI. It's so peaceful and relaxing. There's a link to an old TR of mine in my signature if you want to see photos.
    I will definitely check it out, thanks!
    How fun! But we'll miss you by a month :sad2:
    One day we will be there and the same time and then we will have to go for drinks at Top of the World!
    Excellent! I'm happy you got what you wanted :thumbsup2
    Thank you!

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.