Hilton Head Question

ClaraBug

DIS Veteran
We have a long weekend planned in July (end of). We have never been to HH before and are not sure of what to expect. We are doing a beach day and have beach chairs but we do not have an umbrella or an awning. Does the beach allow them, can they be rented, or do we need to bring our own? I do understand the beach near the resort is walkable, correct?

Anything else we should know??

Thank you all!!

If by "beach near the resort is walkable" you mean you can walk on it, it's great for that. If you mean you can walk to the beach, then not it's not walkable. I no longer use DVC at HH simply because it's too far from the beach it's on the other side of the island. The resort does have shuttle.

There is a service on the beach that will rent and set up an umbrella for you. Or you can bring your own. All "holes" you make must be filled

The beach house is about a mile and a half away from the resort. You can rent both beach chairs and umbrellas at the beach. The resort has a shuttle or you can drive. The beach house is nice and has a pool as well. We love HHI

I disagree that the beach is not walkable from the resort. It is quite a nice walk and fun bike ride unless you are hauling a bunch of stuff. Plus there is a frequent shuttle and you can drive if hauling stuff. There's parking under and in front of beach house. My favorite beach especially with children because waves break gently.

I disagree that the beach is not walkable from the resort. It is quite a nice walk and fun bike ride unless you are hauling a bunch of stuff. Plus there is a frequent shuttle and you can drive if hauling stuff. There's parking under and in front of beach house. My favorite beach especially with children because waves break gently.
Yes, you are correct. I like to ride bikes there. But we have always went in the off season and the temps are nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter