Hilton Head

Tiggerific711

<font color=green>Have a beautiful rainy day<br><f
We are planning on driving down to Hilton Head in the end of July, and recently decided to drive a day earlier and stay over night somewhere off of 95, preferably the end of North Carolina or top of South Carolina......anyone have any suggestions of a good, clean, and reasonably priced place to stay for a night?

It may not be reasonably priced, but consider spending the night near Charleston.

Coming from Alabama, DH and I got an opportunity to head out a day early, and spent the night in Savannah, GA. We had a romantic dinner, and stayed in a wonderful hotel in the historic district. We took the Trolley tour of Savannah the next day. It is a beautiful city!!!

If interested, we stayed at the Hampton Inn on MLK, Jr. Blvd. for $95. We didn't know what kind of bargain that was for that hotel.

I'm guessing Charleston and Savannah are similar in some ways.

We are much more into the history, architecture, antiques, etc. than golf, fishing, and beaches than Hilton Head offers, so our side trips to Savannah made our Hilton Head trip much more enjoyable to us.

(We ended up with a combo trip of great history and architecture mixed with the marsh, the beach, and the dolphins!)

We stayed in Santee at the Howard Johnson. We ended up getting 2 rooms -- one for the 3 18, 18, and 17 year old teenage boys, and one for us. It was a good choice and we had about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive the next morning. There are many hotels in Santee and discount coupons at the Visitor Center right before the Santee exits.

Probably not geographically convenient in your situation, but we're staying in Asheville and visiting the Biltmore Estate.

I think Sanetee or Florence would be a good place to stay....Charleston would be great but when I was looking at hotels if you want to be anywhere near the stores and stuff it's pretty expensive....:rolleyes1

We were impressed with this chain, and there is one in Bluffton,SC. It's right off 95.:goodvibes

We're doing the same thing. We have late afternoon business in Raleigh and so we'll be staying somewhere around Fayettville, NC (haven't chosen the hotel yet) and then we're staying at the Ramada Inn in Beaufort, SC and checking out Hunting Island Park. We'll pass on our reviews when we get back the next Sunday.

I think any stop in SC is a good one other than South of the Border itself (Dillon/Lumberton area). I guess anything in North Carolina is pretty good although I wouldn't stop in Rocky Mount again. When you have to deal with the cashier after 11pm through bullet proof glass that says something about the area.

If you think you could make it all the way there but you don't want to waste points you might want to consider staying at the Savannah/Hilton Head airport. A clutch of hotels that are at most 2 years old with some still under construction sit at the entrance to the airport just off I-95. The only other thing there is a public golf course. On the other side of 95 is a super Walmart that you could stock up on vittles before heading into Hilton Head (of course there are a couple of Walmarts on the way in).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter