Hilton Head

robandkelly13

DIS Veteran
We just had a waitlist go through for HH; this will be our first visit. We're only staying for a couple of days prior to WDW. Do we need to bring towels for the beach or are they provided? Also, is there enough parking to drive to the beach house or is the shuttle a better bet?

Any tips or info. on the resort and island will be much appreciated:goodvibes

THANKS!

Also, has anyone experienced the pirate party? DH is allergic to shellfish; what's on the menu? DD is 7; is this something geared toward her age? What night does it take place? Please tell me all about it:thumbsup2

Beach towels are provided.

If you go early, you can park at the beach house, if you go later, the spots will probably be taken, so the shuttle is a better bet.

I've never done the pirate party.

We just had a waitlist go through for HH; this will be our first visit. We're only staying for a couple of days prior to WDW. Do we need to bring towels for the beach or are they provided? Also, is there enough parking to drive to the beach house or is the shuttle a better bet?

Any tips or info. on the resort and island will be much appreciated:goodvibes

THANKS!
Download the Portable Perks pdf from the website, it'll give you some info and discount list. HH has a ton of reasonably (even for those of us that are cheap) price top notch restaurants and many of them have early bird specials. Typically $15 will get you a meal and tea or similar but you generally have to order by a set time, usually around 5:30 to 5:45. 6 pm would be about the latest I've seen for HH for early bird's.

I was just working on this issue last night since we're headed up there soon for a family trip with around 30 people staying at Marriott's Grande Ocean. Planning a single meal out for the entire group for casual seafood and options for date nights for the couple's including our 33 Anniversary.

I'll admit I don't have a lot of experience with the restaurant's across from DVC by the Marina other than one, Little Venice, the food was HORRIBLE. But there are several that are well thought of in that areas, Scott's fish market, Kingfisher's, San Miguel come to mind. There are a couple there I know even less about Bistro 17 (good reviews), Parrot Cove, Ellas (forget what was in that location previously).

For casual to dressy casual I'd say Alexander's, Redfish, Old Oyster Factory and Alligator grill are good choices. Black Marlin and Wiseguy's are newer places that seem to be well liked by reviewers. Crazy Crab both locations, 2
Giuseppi's, Salty Dog, Skull Creek are good places but casual. Fine dining CQ's, Old Ft. Pub, Sante Fe, come to mind. Pizza - Pazzo, NY pizza on Pope. Wild Wings is our favorite Wing place.

We don't like Steamers and try to avoid chains we can do at home.

Wow cool. We too are going for a few days prior to Wdw in sept

We were there last August for our first visit.....parking never a problem....there is underground parking at Beach House, as well as lot. You can bike there too...

We loved HHI and plan to be back soon...

We did not eat out much enjoyed Salty Dog for Lunch. DH and I had a fantastic dinner at British Open Pub...same plaza as Eats! Great services, atmosphere....Lobster Pot Pie on Sunday nights...hot pretzel appetizers...delicious...great Irish and English beers....

Go to Se Pines....lighthouse, shopping, etc...

Loved the resort....beach....atmosphere...great!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter