Hilton Lake Buena Vista Stay through HGV Timeshare Pitch

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
I receive Hilton Grand Vacation deals for stays that would involve attending a timeshare pitch. The rates are tempting, but does anyone know how "easy" it is to get dates that would work? We would have to purchase the package upfront and then book the dates within the next year. Can anyone share insight as to what the presentations entail? I understand there is a time commitment and sales pitch, but is this a bad idea going into it if we 100% know we wouldn't purchase? What would my kids do while we were at the presentation? Thanks!

They have a kids club for ages 3-10. We are actually HGVC owners and do a tour every time we are in Fl for the discounted Disney tix. It’s not a high pressure thing. Plan for a couple hours though. They never manage to get us out in the hour they say! They have heavy snacks and drinks too. When we bought our initial package through Hilton we didn’t have any trouble with dates that worked. They did keep wanting to up sell our room though- but we were firm and got what we wanted.

I just book exactly the same thing as you, Hilton lake buena vista through HGV. Had to make may calls to get the dates I want as they do not seem to release inventory early. After reading many bad reviews about Hilton BV, I am thinking about to switch to Hilton Bonnet Creek...... Never done timeshare with Hilton.

I just book exactly the same thing as you, Hilton lake buena vista through HGV. Had to make may calls to get the dates I want as they do not seem to release inventory early. After reading many bad reviews about Hilton BV, I am thinking about to switch to Hilton Bonnet Creek...... Never done timeshare with Hilton.
Are you saying that you can use this promotion to stay at Hilton Bonnet Creek over what is advertised? I'd much prefer that. I read you have to use the package within one year. I'd have to even think through if we can make good use of this since we have a definite trip already booked for December 2020.

Are you saying that you can use this promotion to stay at Hilton Bonnet Creek over what is advertised? I'd much prefer that. I read you have to use the package within one year. I'd have to even think through if we can make good use of this since we have a definite trip already booked for December 2020.
For the timeshare package I got, we can use it at any Hilton hotels or resort in Orlando. I have not switched yet. Still need to call them.

I just got a promo email from them too. Oh man, I regret going to those presentations in the past. I had done 3 or 4 of those presentations over the years maybe even as many as 5 or 6. They are really high pressure. They always say they are only supposed to be 90 minutes, but when you get in there they don't let you leave and they always end up taking 2+ hours even when you insist you aren; k t going to buy it. They just keep going on and on and then get all mad at you when you don't buy it. Another silly thing they do always is put down pictures of their kids as a pressure tactic.

In any event, DO NOT BUY A TIMESHARE FROM THEM. They are really overpriced I guarantee it. If You really do love the property and do want to buy, look into resales.
Also, find out the cost of the annual fee.
I loved this one timeshare and I bought a week off ebay for only $100 and that had the first year of fees already paid.

Love Dad.

Do tell how much u were offered for your deal. I am looking for a deal for a last min trip this March. I need 3 nights and will jump on a timeshare promo if the price is right.

I was offered a really good deal at a festival I attended last year but didn't end up biting.

I currently have a 4 night booking with Sheraton Vistana Villages (the further one) for $199 including rental car but they are fully booked for March so I have it set for May.

The standard offer is $100 for three nights. Depending on the time of year you redeem the offer, they may throw in something else (e.g. HHonors points, rental car, breakfast vouchers, etc.; at one point, they included WDW tickets, but that's no longer an available incentive.)

As mentioned, be very aware that these are super high pressured* time share pitches, and typically last much, much longer than 90-minutes. We regularly do them in Hawaii because they equate into huge savings, but given that the savings in Orlando are fairly limited, I wouldn't bothered, especially for a long weekend.

*Hilton insists the presentations are "no pressure," but they're anything but. Orlando was our worst experience. When I told our host that we had patiently sat for three hours, received all the information we needed and would go back to our hotel to discuss... the host - as expected - asked us to sign the paper work then, reminding us that if we decided it wasn't for us, we had time to cancel. I politely pointed out that doing so would eat up precious time and expose personal information, and we would prefer to discuss before signing anything. At that point, our host blew up screaming "YOU WILL NEVER, EVER, BE ABLE TO RETURN TO FLORIDA AGAIN!!! I AM BANNING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY..." It's worth a laugh looking back, but was pretty difficult to go through at the time.

Can anyone share insight as to what the presentations entail? I understand there is a time commitment and sales pitch, but is this a bad idea going into it if we 100% know we wouldn't purchase?
All of these responses are the norm for a timeshare presentation. My first question to anyone considering taking advantage of the timeshare "deal" to get you in is: Have you ever done a timeshare presentation before? If not, be aware that it's quite an ordeal! It can be very, very uncomfortable.
Plan for a couple hours though. They never manage to get us out in the hour they say!

Oh man, I regret going to those presentations in the past. I had done 3 or 4 of those presentations over the years maybe even as many as 5 or 6. They are really high pressure. They always say they are only supposed to be 90 minutes, but when you get in there they don't let you leave and they always end up taking 2+ hours even when you insist you aren; k t going to buy it. They just keep going on and on and then get all mad at you when you don't buy it. Another silly thing they do always is put down pictures of their kids as a pressure tactic.

As mentioned, be very aware that these are super high pressured* time share pitches, and typically last much, much longer than 90-minutes.

I agree with all of the above! If you seem even the slightest bit interested (even if it's just a polite word), they will keep you there longer and try everything to keep talking and get you to buy. Plan on at least 3 hours of your day gone.

We are going to pass. Disney time is too "precious" to get sucked into a longer than promised presentation. I politely stayed on the phone last week after booking a Hilton reservation to listen to something and the salesperson got downright nasty when I declined the offer. I was not prepared for that and it gave me a taste for what it might be like in person!

We are going to pass. Disney time is too "precious" to get sucked into a longer than promised presentation. I politely stayed on the phone last week after booking a Hilton reservation to listen to something and the salesperson got downright nasty when I declined the offer. I was not prepared for that and it gave me a taste for what it might be like in person!

That person gets a small referral fee if you agree to attend the presentation.

As I posted earlier, I've been to many timeshare presentation (primarily when I was younger, as a medium to reduce cost). A typical presentation requires you to commute to the venue, in which you'll send several moments "waiting" for your host. The receptionist will engage in light conversation with you while you wait -- in actuality, he or she is feeling you out to see which host you're the best match for. Once you sit down with your host, you'll be offered either light refreshments or a full meal. While you're eating, your host will begin engaging in light conversation with you. Again, they use the information you're providing to design your presentation. Once you're finished eating, the presentation will "finally" begin; at this point, typically an hour or more has passed since your arrival -- but they will insist this time does not legally count against the 90-minute clock. Your host will spend the next 60-90 minutes giving the presentation. Note that they will insist that any questions or requests that you had -- maybe you asked about a kids' program, or maybe you asked to tour a specific portion of the resort, or maybe you simply had to go to the bathroom -- does not count against the 90-minute clock.

At this point, your host will begin discussing money. If you do not agree to buy, you will speak with at least two, and most likely three or four (sometime more) representatives - each displaying their charm and applying an increasingly level of pressure. As @mckennarose pointed out, they will keep you there until you stand your ground with a firm "no," and tell them you've completed the 90-minutes. Still, it will take visits and a lot of pressure from several reps before this happens - at least 30-minutes, but it will seem like more. If you don't demand the presentation end, they will keep you there as long as possible. I believe Florida law requires your host to let you leave once you make the demand (I know Hawaii and Nevada laws do), but note that it often takes several requests. I recall one host at Aulani in Hawaii telling me "sure, you can leave as soon as you agree to buy." (Because Aulani is so far away from Waikiki, at one time Disney offered large incentive packages to visitors who agreed in Waikiki to make the trek to Aulani; because of these large incentives, Disney itself retorted to high pressured sales tactics.)

Once your host has dismissed you, the receptionist will check you out. This process will often exceed 15 minutes, even if you're the only person remaining. Once he or she has checked you out, you will have completed your obligations and/or received your gifts. By this point, typically around 3 hours - often more - have passed since your arrival. And if you relied on them for transportation? Odds are, they'll make you wait. Aulani made us wait over 3 hours for our return shuttle to Waikiki. But of course, had we became Disney owners, they would've comp'd our meals while we waited (in reality, we would've been put on the next shuttle). If you did not have to wait for their transportation, typically close to four hours will have passed once you make it back to your room. At this point, you're so exhausted from the day's events that you need a nap.

- - -

As I mentioned, we still occasionally go to timeshare presentations in Hawaii. The offers represent HUGE savings. For example, a recent offer for the Hilton Hawaiian Village (HHV) included six nights, with breakfast for two adults and two kids, parking and an economy car rental... for $799. At the HHV, the resort fee ($40) and parking ($50) alone are $90 per day, and breakfast is $120 ($40 per adult, $20 per child; rates with breakfast are generally more than $120 than the lowest rates). And, if you express interest in the program, they'll sell you a deeply discounted package that allows you to "try out" the timeshare for a week. Ultimately, one presentation saves you thousands of dollars. But for a couple hundred at Disney? I'll pass - I value my time more. (OK, I'm rambling.)

We have done the Hilton presentation in Orlando many times. When we haven’t but bought we are out between 1.5 and 2.5 hours. They feed you while you wait for the host (the longest we ever wAited was 20 mins. When we passed on purchasing we had one other person come and offer a closing package. When you are done you go downstairs and get your gift. It takes only as long as the line (usually 5-15 mins). I’ve never felt uncomfortable at the presentations and never been treated badly. I do know what I’m talking about though and don’t hesitate to push back when they stretch the truth a little.

There is a current HGV offer for Orlando which includes 4 nights/5 days + 25,000 Hilton points for $249. I found it through a travel loyalty program blog. I'm not sure about the rules regarding posting links - I can post the link to the blog if it's allowed.

I called HGV about the offer because I had some questions, and they told me I'm on their Do Not Market list. No idea how that happened, but I'm bummed because it's a really good deal :sad:

ETA: The offer expires 02/24/20

Last edited:
I was at Hilton BV for a conference. It’s “ok” generic rooms, some renovated some aren’t. Get a Reno room. You do get extra magic hours when staying there so that’s nice. Just get the pass from the from desk

We have done the Hilton presentation in Orlando many times. When we haven’t but bought we are out between 1.5 and 2.5 hours. They feed you while you wait for the host (the longest we ever wAited was 20 mins. When we passed on purchasing we had one other person come and offer a closing package. When you are done you go downstairs and get your gift. It takes only as long as the line (usually 5-15 mins). I’ve never felt uncomfortable at the presentations and never been treated badly. I do know what I’m talking about though and don’t hesitate to push back when they stretch the truth a little.

We've been to dozens of presentations and have never been out anywhere close to 90-minutes, so consider yourself lucky. There will always be a lapse from the time you enter until your host begins the presentation... this will always take a chuck of time, because they insist it doesn't count against the 90-minute clock, and they use it to feel you out. And of course, if you accept refreshments or a meal, that time never counts. But I agree, the more presentations you attend, the more efficient you should get at handling them -- this generally involves displaying a lack of interest, and giving a firm "no, no, no, we're not interested" when the sales pressure begins.

That said, it's never comfortable, nor is it ever easy - they have an answer for everything. 'I don't like the resort' - hey, neither do I, but read these testimonials of people who've traded their week at the Motel 6 Gator's Creek George Resort for a week at an oceanfront suite at the Grand Wailea in Maui -- a $10K value! 'We have no savings, we need to make repairs to our furnace and plumbing, our 16-year-old needs a car, our 12-year-old needs braces and our dog needs surgery. We just don't have the money for this' - hey, we'll waive the maintenance fees this year, and you can sell your week this year at the Motel 6 Gator's Creek Resort for a trillion dollars, and all your problems will be solved! Next year, you can begin enjoying the resort like you deserve!

For somebody who's attending their first presentation, I would budget at least four hours for the process.

I was at Hilton BV for a conference. It’s “ok” generic rooms, some renovated some aren’t. Get a Reno room. You do get extra magic hours when staying there so that’s nice. Just get the pass from the from desk

Are you referring to the Hilton or the Hilton Palace? The timeshare stays are typically at the latter, given that Hilton owns the property outright (the former is owned by the same company as the Swan and Dolphin).

There is a current HGV offer for Orlando which includes 4 nights/5 days + 25,000 Hilton points for $249. I found it through a travel loyalty program blog. I'm not sure about the rules regarding posting links - I can post the link to the blog if it's allowed.

I called HGV about the offer because I had some questions, and they told me I'm on their Do Not Market list. No idea how that happened, but I'm bummed because it's a really good deal :sad:

Generally, if they feel you're gaming them (attending presentations for the offers, showing no interest in the presentation), they'll mark you as such. We haven't been blacklisted from Hilton (yet, knock on wood), but had it happen to us at the Marriott -- we accepted a promotional stay at their timeshare resort on Kauai back in 2008. It came with an optional presentation that we did not attend, and 12 years later, we're still not eligible!

Yep, that’s what I got.

Are you referring to the Hilton or the Hilton Palace? The timeshare stays are typically at the latter, given that Hilton owns the property outright (the former is owned by the same company as the Swan and Dolphin).

Generally, if they feel you're gaming them (attending presentations for the offers, showing no interest in the presentation), they'll mark you as such. We haven't been blacklisted from Hilton (yet, knock on wood), but had it happen to us at the Marriott -- we accepted a promotional stay at their timeshare resort on Kauai back in 2008. It came with an optional presentation that we did not attend, and 12 years later, we're still not eligible!
The one that’s walking distance right over the bridge from DS. I’d assume the Hilton not the palace if I remember correctly.

Oh definitely - I'm sure companies blacklist some people eventually for attending multiple presentations without buying. It's just weird because I've never attended a timeshare presentation - through Hilton or anyone else
🤷‍♀️

I'm looking forward to dipping my toe in timeshare vacation offers at some point. Hopefully I can find a good one through Marriott. I also saw a good discount Disney ticket offer through Westgate.

Thanks for posting your experiences!

The one that’s walking distance right over the bridge from DS. I’d assume the Hilton not the palace if I remember correctly.

That's what I figured -- the Hilton Lake Buena Vista was more-or-less rebuilt in the early 2000s, and while it's been lightly refreshed since, it hasn't seen a complete renovation. The OP mentioned 'Hilton Lake Buena Vista' in the thread title, but the promotional stays are typically at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace, which is directly across the street (it's outright owned by the Hilton Corporation). That property was completely rebuilt just a few years ago and is much nicer than the other property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts