Hit the Beach! July Exercise Challenge

Congratulations to vikdeco for turning Beach Chair Blue!

In addition to the sea turtles, there are plenty of other activities to keep you moving at VBR. You can try out the following:

The beach (of course!), including renting wave runners, kayaks, and boogie boards, or learning to surf
Pool with Pirate's Plunge waterslide and Tiger Lily wet play area
Sing-Along campfire, including s'mores
Pirate-themed mini golf
Sports, including basketball, volleyball, bocce ball, archery, billiards, ping pong, and tennis
Fishing in a private lake
Rent bicycles
Board and card games
Jungle trail for running (6.5 mile loop)

Wow, I'm tired just surveying this list!

Last edited:

Back from visiting family in upstate NY. We had a great weather week for the lake, and I managed to squeeze in 40 more walking minutes since my last post (which is a good thing, since this trip always involves too much yummy food!)

I'm loving the Vero Beach info, too. - I'm not sure I'd ever even heard of it before, but now I want to go!

70/450

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith, me, PollyannaMom, and the TEAM for turning Beach Chair Blue and to Twilight Sparkle for being the first team member to turn Cooler Orange!

If you want to venture out beyond VBR itself, there are lots of other things to do in the Vero Beach area. The attractions include the Vero Beach Museum of Art, McKee Botanical Garden, Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge, and the Indian River Citrus Museum. What most interested me, however, is that there are opportunities to see wild manatees! One of the best sites is Round Island Park, but there also is St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park and the Manatee Observation and Education Center.

That's it for VBR. Next stop is Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort!

I have been out of town since Friday, but I tried to continue getting exercise each day. This week starts my real half marathon training so that should start to add up.

7/5 - 30 minutes at the gym
7/7 - 30-minute walk
7/8 - 30-minute walk.

New total - 320/1700

I have been on a mini vacation. We didn't go anywhere but we got to spend some much needed time off of work and as a family. We had some lazy days and some days we did a lot of walking.

July 2 -- 28
July 3 -- 84
July 4 -- 31
July 5 -- 59
July 6 -- 142
July 7 -- 64
July 8 -- 129

564/1860

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!