HKDL with a Toddler

RotorBeav15

Earning My Ears
Greetings all. I have a trip to HKDL booked for next month which will include an extended stay at the Hollywood Hotel. We'll be bringing our toddler soon, so i have some specific questions with regards to accommodations and travel for him.

1. Airport transportation. Besides taking the MTR to the resort, does anyone have any experience with taking a taxi with a small one? We weren't planning on bringing a car seat for this, and i figured a taxi wouldn't want to take us without the right restraint. Are there any other options getting from the airport to the hotel that I'm missing?

2. Cribs. Does anyone have any feedback on getting a crib in your room at Hollywood? I figured it was a standard hotel crib.

3. Strollers. Can you rent them when you get in the park, and are they worth it?

4. Pool. I figured the outdoor pool at Hollywood will be closed by the time we get there for our trip. Is there a way to use the indoor pool at the Disneyland hotel? This is a total shot in the dark...I know for regular Disney World it'd be a "no". I've seen how fiercely they defend the pool when i stayed at Beach Club!

Thanks.

we were in China and Hong Kong for 3 weeks when we adopted our son. He was 2, and our older boy was 5. Neither ever were in car seats there, and no one asked or looked for one. Taxis, vans, trains - all were OK.

If you're going straight from the airport to DL, the quickest and easiest way is to take a cab. Even when traveling from the city, we usually take a cab because it's fast, easy and reasonably priced. One nice thing about taking MTR is riding the unique Disney-style trains. Otherwise, I would stick to a cab.

We've traveled several times to HK with small children (even infants) we were never asked to use a car seat.

Not sure about cribs, but I know they do have bed rails available at the hotel

They do have strollers for rent. Definitely worth it if you're not bringing your own and you have a toddler.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!