HoJo's

eshannon2

Earning My Ears
Finally decided to brave the weather :umbrella: and take ds to dl for his ninth birthday. We are arriving Tuesday night at John Wayne. I was checking out transportation to HoJo's and it looks like airport shuttle quits at 6:30. Called them twice today and got hung up on both times. :rolleyes:
Gave up! decided to try here...I am thinking it might be quicker to just take a taxi. any idea how much it is for two adults and one child? We got a great rate at HoJo's. Premium room with a view of disney for 60.00 a night. Since this is a "budget" trip we aren't staying at a disney resort. Any tips for staying here? We plan on buying milk to keep in the fridge...hopefully the weather won't be too bad. Dumb question, but couldn't find the answer anywhere else. Is there going to be a Buzz Lightyear at dl and when does it open? Crowds shouldn't be too bad, should they :confused3 Thanks for any information you can pass along. Getting excited to get gone :banana:
Oh, one more quick questionl, since we haven't been in such a long time (two years) what is pin trading like? I know at WDW it is good, last time we were at dl it seemed there were just hardcore traders in the little entrance place and they weren't really interested in trading with the kids. My son is really looking forward to trading pins. Do they still do the free pin sets that you can collect. The Sunday thing where you get a free one with purchase? Thanks again ::MickeyMo

Sorry I can't answer your transportation questions, but as a local who goes to DL a couple of times a month, I can tell you that HoJo's is about the best place you can stay besides the DL hotels. Buzz Lightyear won't be open for awhile yet - I think May. I predict the park will be pretty dead that time of the week - have fun!
Oh - and pin trading is really fun there. Bring your lanyard of pins and probably 90% of the CMs have lanyards to trade with. Sundays are a big trading day for non-CM trading, so the pickings will be pretty much just from CM's, but VERY fun - and remember - the teal-colored lanyards are for trading with kids under 11 only. We trade every time we go, even if it's not a Sunday. We love it! And so much fun to talk with all the great CMs.
Have a great time! :banana:

Plan on about $50 give or take a dollar or two. We took a cab from the HoJo to John Wayne and the front desk clerk at the HoJo set it up. It was more like a town car service and the best experience we had. I cannot remember the name of the service though. It was no more than when we have done a cab and the driver was much better and the car was a spotless Lincoln Town Car. Why don't you call the HoJo and see who they recommend and if they can give you a phone number. We really liked this hotel and you will too! If you can't stay onsite this is a great option! And by the way, we never take Supershuttle anymore, you don't save that much over taking a cab and you don't have to make multiple stops!

ummm......I've read at 'other' Disney sites that 'Buzz' will officially open
St Patrick's Day- Marck 17th and that they expect 'soft' openings probably
the 1st week of March....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter