Holiday Harmony December Exercise Challenge

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the December Exercise Challenge! - To keep us grounded during all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, we'll be focusing on exercise to keep our bodies healthy, and gratitude to keep our minds healthy. I was inspired by this Pinterest post:

Disney Favorites - gratitude journal prompt.jpg

and everyone can contribute! (Don't feel pressured to come up with something every day, just pick the ones you want to chime in on. - Bonus points if it's related to exercise or Disney!)

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how the exercise tracking works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes toward that goal as they exercise. You decide what movement counts towards your goal, which can be a set monthly number, or calculated based on a target number of minutes per day. - Since December has 31 days, here are some common conversions:
15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress. This month, we have:
Hanukkah Blue - 10%
Candle-Glow Orange - 25%
Plum Pudding Purple - 50%
Rosy-Cheeked Pink - 75%
Santa Hat Red - 90%
Christmas Tree Green - 100%

We’re officially starting this challenge on December 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants
PollyannaMom - 320/465
Elizabeth Smith - 485/540
Twilight Sparkle - 2,680/1300
sophy1996 - 940/1000
Shrfleen - 435/465

----------------------------------------
Team Total - 4,860/3,770 - 129% and record over goal!!

Last edited:
So, the first box asks what smell you are grateful for. Picture yourself on vacation. - What smell says "I'm in Disney?"

For me, it's the old Soarin' loop - oranges and pine!

I'll shoot for 540 this month! Thanks again for hosting!

The smell I'm grateful for. . . is probably the smell of the cinnamon rolls in AK. Those are the only cinnamon rolls I have ever had that taste as good as they smell, and I am grateful for that!

I'll try for an even 1300 this time. I love your idea for December, PollyannaMom.

I'm forsaking my bonus points and veering away from Disney smells. I'm grateful for the smell of my horse as I rest my head against his. To me, he smells like comfort, joy, and love.

Good Morning, All!

We're starting off strong, with Twilight Sparkle already at Hanukkah Blue!! :rainbow:

I added 20 minutes for myself - 1/2 of a walk with the "furry princess" and a 10-minute bedtime yoga routine.

The team is at 190 minutes, with four participants so far, and Day 2's question is "What technology are you grateful for?"

I'll get all sappy and say "this one". I love this board!
- Of course, it's really advanced my Disney planning. :tink:
- The exercise threads motivate me on days I might otherwise blow it off. :rolleyes1
- And it's a great "everything" sort of place - support, a laugh, the answer to any random question you can dream up...I really enjoy talking to people all over the world, and am grateful that technology has made that so much easier.

Technology - I remain in awe of airplanes and commercial air travel. With sale fares, I've gotten from Denver to the West Coast for less than $100, and to the East Coast for less than $200. I can wake up in Europe and go to sleep in Denver. In mere hours instead of weeks or months. It's truly amazing. (Yes, the IMAX film Living in the Age of Airplanes was practically made for me.)

I'm thankful for a bit of Disney technology - magic bands! I love how easy it is to use them and how all of the details of our trip are held in that fun little bracelet. When it's time to leave, I actually have magic band withdrawals for a few days post trip.

Happy Sunday Morning!

I have no minutes of my own for yesterday, but the team stands at 220 - only 111 minutes to color change, which brings me to today's question:

What color are you grateful for?

I'll depart from Disney answers for today and say white - as in the holiday lights that are appearing on houses all around us! DS, DH and I went out to dinner last night, and we took the long way there and back looking at the lights. Driving around to see them has always been one of my favorite family traditions, and it just makes me feel warm and cozy to see the houses all lit up.

Happy Monday! Sorry for the late start today. I had some early errands to get done.

I'm adding 15 minutes from yesterday, and the team is at 365!

Today's question is "What food are you grateful for?"

My favorite food at Disney is Mickey Waffles. ::MickeyMo I don't know what makes them taste so much better than the ones at home, but somehow, they do! I'm always grateful when I get to have them.

Good morning, everyone!!

A whopping 5 minutes for me, as I got involved in helping with homework and never got back to exercise last night. (At least I get "mom points" right?)

Welcome @Shrfleen and congrats @sophy1996 on reaching Hanukkah Blue!!! :jumping3:

The team stands at 465/3,370, and today's question is:

What sound are you grateful for today?

The Disney sound I'm most grateful for is the subtle theme music that changes from land to land. I love the level of detail that went into all that, and it really makes it feel immersive.

30 minutes yesterday

280/1300

Catching up: Disney food I'm thankful for - Peanut Butter Brownie at the Mara. It's divine.

Disney sound I'm thankful for - the Welcome Home greeting when we check into the resorts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter