Holiday in California

Sue & Co.

<font color=009933>Born to be tagged...<br><font c
Firstly apologies if this should be on the DL California board but as it is about disability I thought I would get more help here.

We have been to WDW three times and have had wonderful holidays next year though we would like to go to Disneyland and San Diego (we are from UK). So is California as helpful for disabled travellers - we do not take a wheelchair with us we rent. Does DL do a GAC (and if so is it the same as at WDW), I assume Seaworld will be just as helpful but what about other places we may want to visit - will they all be able to assist with wheelchair rental, disabled access?

I am sorry that this is very general but we are in early stages of planning and I would like to know that I have a reasonable chance of a good holdiay before we go too far down the line of starting to make bookings for flights etc.

Thanks

Sue

Hi

We live in San Diego Co. Yes Disneyland have GAC. They are a little strict with the GAC due to misuse of them. They are necessary due to the fact Disneyland's rides are built up and have stairs to get on a lot of them.

As far as what there is to do around here--Disneyland, Sea World, Legoland (expensive!!! for what you get), San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Park, Harbor Cruises, Whale Watching Cruises, Midway Naval Ship tour, baseball games, football games, and Hockey. Also further up past Disneyland is Six Flags Magic Mountain. (great roller coasters!)

For Sea World we were able to bring a doctor's note and get one adult in free as his care giver/assistant since he is in a wheelchair. The Zoo has BIG hills so it is hard to push chairs around. They have some walking area's that wheelchairs and EVC's can't go on due to the steep grade of the hills. (just a warning) Everything else is accessable.

If you have any questions feel free to email me.
Lori

Here's a website/forum for Disneyland for you:
mouseplanet.com
The specific board that has disability information is called the Theme Parks Access Guide under the category of Column Discussions.

If you go to the official Disney site Disability Information Page, you will find links to the pages of their Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities.

Sea World San Diego has a
link to their accessibility guide on their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter