Hollywood Tours from Anaheim

Paigesmom2013

DIS Veteran
We will be staying in Anaheim for a Disneyland trip this spring. Family of 4 with two kids. We want to take a guided tour to "see Hollywood" and wonder if there are any tour companies you really like? We would like to do it on a Friday, getting picked up and dropped off.
We enjoy touristy/cheesy things and our 9 year old is really excited. (She thinks we will run into Ellen, lol.) I'd like something that doesn't rush too much at each stop.

I’m also planning a tour for our trip. Anaheim Tour Company is in the lead for me so far.

It depends on the type of tour your're interested in. Most of these tours have different focal points -- e.g. Hollywood, Celebrity Homes (usually split into multiple areas - LA, Malibu, etc.), LA Sites, etc.

These tours are expensive, generally ranging from $60-$150 (half day vs. full day) per adult from Anaheim, with varying discounts on children's prices. If you're seeking to minimize cost, consider going on a weekend. For $10 per person, you get unlimited use of most of Los Angeles' transit system, including the Metrolink. You can ride the train from Anaheim (parking is free) to Los Angeles Union Station, then transfer (same building) to the subway to Hollywood. Hollywood departures are much cheaper than Anaheim, and the train/subway ride is more pleasing than a bus fighting traffic and stopping at dozens of hotels. You can get four tickets on Groupon (two adults, two children) to multiple tours for as low as $66 (including the promotion code available right now). Or create your own tour!!!

You can also ride the Metrolink to Oceanside and back. When the train reaches Dana Point, it rides along the ocean. Cheap activity to keep the kids entertained...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!