Holy August &September car rental rates $$$$$

We have trips planned for Aug, Oct and Nov and totally agree! The prices are the highest I have ever seen them and we have been going every year for the last 13 years.

Check UnderCoverTourist's rates. If you bought, or have ever bought, tickets from them, you are eligible for their rates. I have rented from Alamo through them and paid less than 50% of what it would have cost to go through Alamo directly. The "catch" is that your credit card is charged when you make the reservation, but it is refundable if you cancel.

When I first looked for our trip the rate was over $200 for a 4 day rental now it is under $100. The closer it gets to your travel date the rates will begin to drop. At least that has been the case in our over 20 plus trips to Disney

Patience...the rates should come down as the trip gets closer (hopefully). Book something non-binding now and keep an eye on things.

OMG - I just started looking - usually, I check as soon as I buy airfare.

September 12 nights - nothing under $450

This august is the first time I have ever rented, what is approximately a “good” rate for a 7 day minivan rental? I have no idea what rates should be ....currently have an Alamo res for just over $450:eek:

This august is the first time I have ever rented, what is approximately a “good” rate for a 7 day minivan rental? I have no idea what rates should be ....currently have an Alamo res for just over $450:eek:

:sick: Sad. Getting too old to plays the contract/coupon games. Tried Undercover Tourist and their rates were higher than Expedia, Priceline or Kayak. Will try again in a month (not really - instead, I will obsess about it - checking randomly until I come to an understanding within myself to accept some crazy rate vs not having the task checked off)

:sick: Sad. Getting too old to plays the contract/coupon games. Tried Undercover Tourist and their rates were higher than Expedia, Priceline or Kayak. Will try again in a month (not really - instead, I will obsess about it - checking randomly until I come to an understanding within myself to accept some crazy rate vs not having the task checked off)

My DH is always asking me....what are you doing on your screen? I almost always reply with....checking car rentals! He laughs and says, I thought you already reserved one? Yeah, that was six reservations ago....just keep trying for something lower.....

My DH is always asking me....what are you doing on your screen? I almost always reply with....checking car rentals! He laughs and says, I thought you already reserved one? Yeah, that was six reservations ago....just keep trying for something lower.....

My DH jokes that the rental car ends up paying me

Do you mean book for four days and then we book for the next four days? If so do you have to return the car in between?

I think that was in reference to the OP, who is going for 16 days. If you're going 8, most likely just stick with a single rental. If you drop to 4 and 4, you'd be doing daily rates, which are generally higher than the weekly rates. And yes, if you do a back to back rental, I believe you at least have to go back to the rental center.

Not generally a minivan renter, but that sounds high. I'd book something non-binding now and check back in a few weeks. Sometimes Budget has $199/week minivan specials so keep an eye there, also.

:sick: Sad. Getting too old to plays the contract/coupon games...

Yeah, it does get frustrating. If you don't feel like checking frequently, at least book something when you have your dates and check back even monthly, but make sure you do at about 3 and 2 weeks out. You might not get the absolute lowest, but hopefully some improvement.

Thanks, I did check UT and the prices were higher. Looking at the June board and the prices seemed to go down based upon the comments and hoping the same will happen as we get closer.

UCT rates were higher than Expedia, Kayak and Priceline which were higher or the same as the individual websites.

If you belong to Costco they may have a deal for you. I rented from them last summer picked up and dropped off at Disney Dolphin, the rate was pretty decent I think $220 for 7 days standard size vehicle upgraded to midsize. Also second driver is no charge.

We book through Costco. At first we booked a rental at a hotel in the Disney area. Our plan was to use Magical Express to our hotel and then DH would Uber it to get the car.

Approximately a month before our trip rates dropped for car rentals at MCO so we moved there.

Keep checking the rates

Yep looking for a August rental for 10 days and they are crazy crazy crazy. I am sure they will drop the closer we get, BUT I like to have things done and planned lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter