HOLY SMOKES! Amtrak does...

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
....it again!!! I just read in today's Sunday Bergen Record that Amtrak is offering seats to Orlando for $66 (one way) for the 1st person, $33 for the second person, and FREE (Yep, that's right F*R*E*E*!!) for the 3rd person. Must be booked by April 30 for travel by August (30th, I think).
So, who's going to WDW in:
May?
June?
July?
August?

...a courtesy bump for those trying to decide whether to drive or go by rail.....

Thanks for the info....but I just wanted to caution everybody....Those fairs listed were just sample fairs...they are subject to change and depend upon availabilty.....Just like air fair there could be one 66 left but the rest are 100....so, just beware...Per your fares it should be about $198 calling amtrak it is $234 out of philly....but could change any minute....

I'm thinking about it though....:D :D :D

what am I doing wrong?? I put in my dates for mid August, from Phila. to Orlando and I'm getting fares upwards of $800. :confused: :confused: The rate for the Autotrain is cheaper. I'm booking for 3, 2 adults and a 7 year old.

We are probably driving this time. In the past, we've always flown. So we are looking at all viable options.

I think it means that if there were any fares available for those dates they were limited and gone...

thanks, I figured as much but was really surprised by the price! I can't imagine paying that much when we could fly for 1/2 the cost. Go figure!:cool:

Actually, the Zurg family played into our decision to drive. Buying into DVC made us think about cutting costs now that we have guaranteed trips to WDW. Plus, we have only one kid--you do the drive with way more! We figured if you could do it, we definately could!!

This is part of Amtrak's 1-2-Free promotion. Don't forget that to book at these discounted fares, you have to enter the correct discount code when prompted by the website or the telephone system. If you do not enter the code, you will be quoted the regular fare price (which, by the way, is generally cheaper the farther out you reserve). It also sometimes makes a difference in fares depending upon which train you reserve (there are two direct trains to WDW, plus Auto-Train, and the Palmetto which stops south of Disney in Winter Haven). Changing your travel dates by just a single day also can yield a lower fare. See:

http://www.amtrak.com/savings/onetwofree.html

I looked into taken Amtrak out of Chicago and found out that if I left on Dec 26 I actually would not get there until Dec 28. As much as I am for a good deal, I really don't want to waste almost three days of my vacation traveling to Orlando only have two days there and then spend another 2+ days getting home.

DC7800......unfortuneately the $800 fare is with the discount code plugged in.....and that was only for 3 people....we had 6 out of philly priced and it was $400 in June...so the date and availabilty plays a big roll....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter