Homecomin - booked

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
No Homecomin reservations are available for dinner on 9/6. Is the restaurant that in demand?

I signed up for some alerts because I’d really like to try it!

Since this is not a Disney restaurant they keep some reservations for walk ups. Try going at 11 when they first open or around 5 PM for the best chance of getting a table without a reservation .

Did you try Open Table? I had better luck booking my Boathouse reservation through Open Table AND no pesky threat of a cancellation penalty. However I personally don't know if Homecoming participates on Open Table.

Did you try Open Table? I had better luck booking my Boathouse reservation through Open Table AND no pesky threat of a cancellation penalty. However I personally don't know if Homecoming participates on Open Table.

That's a great idea! I just checked - I don't think that's one of the participating restaurants on Open Table. :(

We went on a Monday night last November around 6:00 & they were taking walkups with a wait ( think it was around 30 minutes, we had an ADR) Depending on your party seating at the bar is an option too. We did do a walkup lunch a few days later around 12:30 with no wait.

We went to Homecomin on our last trip in December. Our original ADR 180 days out was close to 9:00. I signed up for the alerts from Touring Plans and a couple of weeks before our trip a bunch of spots opened up at much more reasonable times and I was able to book one of these times. They do take walk ups, but the night we went (which was a Saturday) walk ups were a two hour wait according to the hostess (she also said they didn't take same day reservations but that may have been because it was a Saturday). The alerts are your best bet. Something should open up as it gets closer to your trip.

BTW, it was an excellent meal.

We went on a Monday night last November around 6:00 & they were taking walkups with a wait ( think it was around 30 minutes, we had an ADR) Depending on your party seating at the bar is an option too. We did do a walkup lunch a few days later around 12:30 with no wait.

That sounds like a good plan! I’ll be a solo traveler, so I could hopefully squeeze in. I’d rather not eat at the bar, but I’m glad to know that’s an option.

We have always had luck with just showing up and getting a seat at the bar if that is an option for you. My DH and I actually prefer to sit and just relax at a bar area instead of being rushed through a table service meal. They serve the full menu at the bar (at least they did the last time we were there). If can plan to get there right when they open for lunch or before about 5:00 for dinner I don't think you will have a problem for a spot at the bar even during really busy times - that has been our experience.

This just gave me a good idea. Just cancelled my ADR and booked STK using open table... Now no worry of a cancellation penalty. Good advice!

So I was just running into the same thing for our trip in October…no availability for either of the two days we could go. On a whim, I checked for a party of three (even though it's just the two of us), and BINGO. I made the reservation for three and I'll modify it at some point. I hate having to do that, but that's kind of a crappy system that makes me have to do that.

PS-OP, I don't know how many are in your party, but I just checked 9/6 for 6pm dinner for two and got nothing, but when I changed it to a party of three or four, there is availability for a couple different times.

Last edited:
So I was just running into the same thing for our trip in October…no availability for either of the two days we could go. On a whim, I checked for a party of three (even though it's just the two of us), and BINGO. I made the reservation for three and I'll modify it at some point. I hate having to do that, but that's kind of a crappy system that makes me have to do that.

PS-OP, I don't know how many are in your party, but I just checked 9/6 for 6pm dinner for two and got nothing, but when I changed it to a party of three or four, there is availability for a couple different times.

The same thing happened to me. I think there is either an issue with the system for Homecomin or they don't like to encourage reservations for 2 for some reason. Even back at my 180+10, there was nothing available for a party of 2 for dinner the entire week in May I will be there except at 945pm. Once I changed it to 3 people, I could get any time I wanted. Then I just modified it to 2 people.

That sounds like a good plan! I’ll be a solo traveler, so I could hopefully squeeze in. I’d rather not eat at the bar, but I’m glad to know that’s an option.

That's why you can't find anything...the algorithm HATES parties of 1. Try for a larger party (I'm thinking there are a lot of 3 tops instead of 2 tops)

That's why you can't find anything...the algorithm HATES parties of 1. Try for a larger party (I'm thinking there are a lot of 3 tops instead of 2 tops)

Interesting. I was actually trying for a party of two - just because I don't really ever try for a one person reservation. I just bump it down from 2. But I'll try shortly for a party of three!

**Edited to add -- I got a reservation for 3 at the time I wanted on September 6. Modified it down to a reservation for two. Might modify down to a solo unless I one of my local friends wants to join me.

Last edited:
I noticed when booking ADR's for our September trip this place was never available. So I thought it must be good and looked at the menu and let my wife look at it and she said why would we eat there? We have a ton of places at home with the same food a lot cheaper and probably a lot better because they know how to make it better. Okay dear, no ADR for it!

I noticed when booking ADR's for our September trip this place was never available. So I thought it must be good and looked at the menu and let my wife look at it and she said why would we eat there? We have a ton of places at home with the same food a lot cheaper and probably a lot better because they know how to make it better. Okay dear, no ADR for it!

That’s what my bf said too! :rotfl: So I jumped at the chance to try it solo.

I’ve heard good things, so I’d like to try it.

Well I always like to try different things and was interested in seeing some one else's take on Southern Food but hard to get ADR plus Wife equals no Homecookin!

So glad I happened upon this thread! I have an ADR for Sept. 6 for two people, but it's not until 9:45! Been trying to change it for earlier with no luck for weeks. I think I'll see what happens for a party of three! Thanks for asking the question Pdollar88!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter