"Homework" before HHN

JustCallMeMommy

DIS Veteran
If I wanted to prepare for HHN by watching (or rewatching) movies, which ones should I pick? We're thinking about a movie night or two this weekend.

Some are obvious, but for the ones with sequels, do I need to lean towards the latest? For instance, for Freddy vs. Jason, do I watch the actual Freddy vs. Jason movie, or would I be better off going back to the original Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th? What about for the younger crowd who hasn't see the originals?

Walking Dead - Should I watch recent episodes or go back to the first season? Are there some specific episodes that would be good to watch since I can't catch up on all of the seasons? Would I be lost jumping into the latest season? All season are on Amazon Prime.
Freddy vs. Jason - Old or Freddy vs. Jason - some on Netflix Where I can find some of these may be the limiting factor.
Insidious - seems to indicate it will be all three - some on Netflix; for purchase on Amazon
The Purge - noticed it was on TV recently and set my DVR - could be an edited version
American Werewolf in London - available on Prime

So...what are your best recommendations?

Last edited:
If I wanted to prepare for HHN by watching (or rewatching) movies, which ones should I pick? We're thinking about a movie night or two this weekend.

Some are obvious, but for the ones with sequels, do I need to lean towards the latest? For instance, for Freddy vs. Jason, do I watch the actual Freddy vs. Jason movie, or would I be better off going back to the original Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th? What about for the younger crowd who hasn't see the originals?

Walking Dead - Should I watch recent episodes or go back to the first season? Are there some specific episodes that would be good to watch since I can't catch up on all of the seasons? Would I be lost All season are on Amazon Prime.
Freddy vs. Jason - Old or Freddy vs. Jason - some on Netflix Where I can find some of these may be the limiting factor.
Insidious - seems to indicate it will be all three - some on Netflix; for purchase on Amazon
The Purge - noticed it was on TV recently and set my DVR - could be an edited version
American Werewolf in London - available on Prime

So...what are your best recommendations?
Walking Dead house is covering the most recent season of the show

-The Walking Dead - Watch the most recent season
-The Purge - You could watch both movies, since like the scare zone last year it draws inspiration from both movies. You could get away with skipping it though since everything I've heard indicates the house won't have anything to do with the films outside of some costumes.
-Freddy vs Jason - Just watch any movies with these two characters. The house isn't based on the film of the same name in any way. It's not a recreation of a movie like AWIL, Halloween, etc.
-Insidious - Supposedly it will draw inspiration from all three movies.
-An American Werewolf in London - Totally watch the movie, if it's as similar to the 2013 house as we hear it is an amazing adaption of the film.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter