Honey they shrunk Cooke's menu & other observations from a Nov. 17 trip update 1/9 The End

Looks like you all had another oustanding meal at Yachtsman. I remember scoffing at the costs the first time we went and now I can't imagine a Disney trip without it. That filet is a thing of beauty. I'll have to remember to see if we can get Oscar on a future visit. We love Yachtsman, but our service has never been great
Oscar and Susan ( who we had the 2 previous visits)are great. I was the same as you looking at the prices our first few trips. But we decided to give it a try in 2010 and have been back every trip since. The only places that get higher marks from DH are Emeril's Fish House & Emeril's Delmonico in Vegas.

Trying to keep a little bit of healthy eating I got a yogurt parfait. Vanilla yogurt with granola & blueberries. It was ok. POFQ used to have a create your own which was way better but it went away in the renovations:sad2: .

View attachment 287879 I am a more of a Star Trek than a Star Wars person but looking forward to seeing what this will look like once they are done.

I really miss the create your own yogurt! Several resorts used to have far better yogurt/berry/oats options than are available now.

Totally agree with you on both counts. Have you watched Orville? While not Star Trek, it is quite good. I am a few episodes behind, but should catch up in January.

Last edited:
Day 6 11/15 Epcot and Cooke's Lunch

This morning was another waffle & ham breakfast at the foodcourt at POFQ. Then we were off to Epcot . We got there just at before opening and I ended up going into the slowest bag check line.:confused3. It was the people in the line who weren't prepared for having bags and such open causing the delay . I must say the guards were great with everyone.
Once I met up with DH ( he goes to the non-bag line) we did the some rides including Spaceship Earth. With the sponsorship over and the Epcot redo I thought we should hear Dame
Judi Dench one more time.
We stopped to get some Disney popcorn before doing some shopping.
20171115_104739.jpg
We got some jackets for our niece & nephew at the Disney store in Future World. And I got a shot glass in the UK pavilion store.
After checking out a few more shops in France & Canada it was time to decide lunch. Once upon a time on Epcot day we used to eat lunch at Chefs de France or Le Cellier. But since they went to an all day menu wiping out lunch entrees no more. We thought about Rose & Crown but other than Fish & Chips for me the other options didn't appeal to DH .
We weren't in the mood for pizza or Mexican so we walked over to the Broadwalk to look at ESPN .Their menu looked liked Planet Hollywood wasn't the only one Guy Fieri had attacked. Please Disney take a look at Lagasse Stadium in Vegas for what Sports Pub menu at this price point should be.
So it was to be Disney Springs. We caught a bus at BWI ( only a 10 minute wait we had good luck with buses this trip). We usually have a lunch or dinner at Cooke's of Dublin and decided to stop in this day.
And now for this report got it's title...
cookes-of-dublin-8-12-12.jpg
This menu is close to the one they had the last 3 years( Scallops & Salmon were gone last year & Hog in the Box added). But no more ..
cookes-of-dublin.jpg
The new menu . I told DH we could go elsewhere but he said the tenders worked for him .
I ordered the fish & chips along with a Harp from Raglan Road's outside bar. We were going to sit outside but the sun was pretty strong and there was no breeze so it was an inside table.
20171115_122750.jpg Despite the menu shrinking the food was enjoyable . Not the biggest order of fish I have gotten but it wasn't greasy, the batter was nice and crisp.The fish was a meaty fillet & I am pretty sure it was Cod . DH said the chicken was strips of breast and was moist and not dry or stringy. Not Chick Fil A but good.
The one big downside of Cooke's ( other than the new menu) is the seating or lack of it. With all the great things they have done in Disney Springs fixing this place wasn't one. It reminds me of the Chip shop in the town my Great Aunt lived in Scotland but there you were getting the food to take home.
After lunch we checked out the World of Disney store and headed back to POFQ.

Last edited:
I really miss the create your own yogurt! Several resorts used to have far better yogurt/berry/oats options than are available now.

Totally agree with you on both counts. Have you watched Orville? While not Star Trek, it is quite good. I am a few episodes behind, but should catch up in January.
Haven't seen the Orville yet but will have to On Demand it now that the holidays are winding down .

Is there no more Doh bar at Cooke's?? I'm in big trouble. On our last trip, DS didn't want to stay at (then) DTD and shop with DD and I. He wanted to head back to the resort with DH. But he wanted to try a Doh bar. DH didn't want to head over that way so I promised DS I'd get him back there for one later in the trip. And...it never happened. Weather changed, plans changed, etc etc. that was in 2014 and I was planning to make good on my promise next year. Yikes!

Is there no more Doh bar at Cooke's?? I'm in big trouble. On our last trip, DS didn't want to stay at (then) DTD and shop with DD and I. He wanted to head back to the resort with DH. But he wanted to try a Doh bar. DH didn't want to head over that way so I promised DS I'd get him back there for one later in the trip. And...it never happened. Weather changed, plans changed, etc etc. that was in 2014 and I was planning to make good on my promise next year. Yikes!
Wasn't there in November maybe you can bribe him with a Ghiradelli's sundae instead ;).

Looks like you all had quite the adventure trying to find lunch. Glad it all worked out in the end as your fish and chips looks delish. I've never been to Cookes, but have had the Raglan fish which I'm a huge fan of

Looks like you all had quite the adventure trying to find lunch. Glad it all worked out in the end as your fish and chips looks delish. I've never been to Cookes, but have had the Raglan fish which I'm a huge fan of
Lunch was easier when Chef's and LeCellier still had lunch entrees. The sandwiches & salads at the French QS don't appeal to DH. For me there is something about eating quiche with a white wine sitting at a window at Chef's people watching the QS can't match.
Fish at Cooke's was great. Maybe next trip we will give RR a try for lunch. Depending of course on what happens now that the head Chef is leaving.

Day 6 11/15 WPE Dinner

Happy 2018 everyone. All the best for you and your families. We had a low key NYE & started the new year with breakfast at a local diner & going the movies . We saw Darkest Hour which we both enjoyed .

Now back to the trip...
After hanging out at the pool at POFQ we headed back to DS . DH was in the mood for pasta , so since the new Italian restaurants weren't open we headed to WPE.
I got the Cheese Ravioli in a Tomato Cream sauce while DH got the Rigatoni with Meat Ragu.

20171115_181249.jpg
20171115_181237.jpg
Off camera there is a side salad ( have to have something healthy) & a Puck Chardonnay , so happy they have the glass & a half pours now.:thumbsup2. We were both pleased. The servers checking on us was great at bring a refill of DH 's soda and asking if we needed anything.
After eating it was time to do a little shopping at the Kitchen store next to Earl Of Sandwich. I got my Sis a new set of Disney Christmas kitchen towels and oven mitts. We then wandered into the Co-Op before stopping for Ghirardelli.
Tonight's ice cream was Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with Dark Chocolate Fudge in a waffle bowl.
20171115_194239.jpg
A shot from the boat ride back to POFQ. We stopped at Scat Kats for a beverage or 2 before heading to the room.
Next up the last full day

I also miss the lunch menus!
Yes! We don't want a big entree at 12:00 - 1:00. OK once a visit but not every day.We aren't all day park people or big snackers & most of the parks QS don't appeal to both of us. So we head to the Resorts or DS for lunch. Hopefully Mama Melrose never gets rid of the flatbread pizzas

Happy New Year to You!

Look like you all were able to satisfy the italian craving pretty dang good. Speaking of which, I've got homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs brewing now for my inlaws arrival tomorrow. You should totally come over :-) I serve glass and a half servings of wine too :drinking1

Happy New Year to You!

Look like you all were able to satisfy the italian craving pretty dang good. Speaking of which, I've got homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs brewing now for my inlaws arrival tomorrow. You should totally come over :-) I serve glass and a half servings of wine too :drinking1
That sounds good. Both the meatballs and the wine. :drinking1.

Day 7 11/16 Breakfast and a return to Homecomin'

This was our last full day :sad:. We had decided to make today a resort day with some Disney Springs . So no need for an early rise. For breakfast it was back to POFQ foodcourt ( had thought about walking up to POR foodcourt but decided no)

And now for something completely different, a new breakfast meal.
20171116_081731.jpg
The French Toast with Ham. I like French Toast (DH's ,our local Diners and the ones my Dad made) but not the usual WDW version .But this was different . It's thick slices of Baguette with a Cinnamon Sugar coating. It was great but very sweet. We were glad we shared. There was someone making them at the station so it didn't seem they were sitting under a heat lamp for an extended period ( unlike a few years ago). The two containers are the fruit topping and maple syrup ( more on those in the trip recap).
After eating we refilled our mugs and sat outside on Mardi Grogs patio for a bit before going back up to the room to pack most of our stuff. After we were done it was a boat to DS for lunch. The original plan was to try The Boathouse but thanks to Open Table the night before I was able to get us a dinner reservation . So on the the boat we decided on Homecomin' . We did a quick stop at the Art of Disney store then walked over to Homecomin'.
We got seated with right away ( we do lunch early so it helps).
For lunch we decided to get sandwiches to split
20171116_122206.jpg
Sorry I should have taken the top of the rolls off . The one with the iceberg lettuce is the Fried Chicken and the other half is the BBQ Pork. The Chicken came with a hot aioli which I got put on the side . DH isn't big on sandwich sauces & I am not a hot sauce person so better we try it in small doses. The Pork was topped with Cole Slaw . Both sandwiches were great and I like the hot aioli on the chicken but in a small amount.
The BBQ Pork had a bit of heat but the sweet in the sauce & the Cole Slaw balanced it out. We also got the side of the Cucumber Salad. The salad was good, the cucumbers were crisp and had a nice vinegar flavor.It was also a sized good portion. The chips' icebox dressing had a ranch flavor next time I would ask for it on the side. Would rather have it as a dip. The beer was yet again a Yeungling.
We both enjoyed the sandwiches, the pork had very little fat and the chicken was tender. This place will be on the list for our next trip.
After we finished it was back to the boat and our last afternoon at the pool.:beach:.

Last edited:
I'm practically drooling! That French toast looks amazing. When I originally started planning my "once in a lifetime" (lol yeah right) disney trip several years back I decided I had wanted to stay at POFQ. To this day, it's still on my to-do list. I'll need to fix that!

Homecoming is absolutely a favorite for me. Your sandwiches look great! I have not ventured much past appetizers and fried chicken (I can't bring myself to venture away from what I know is so delicious) but your lunch looks much lighter than my usual order.

So sad it's almost time to say goodbye to WDW :sad: I have loved reading about it! Pour a yuengling to ease your sorrow about writing the conclusion! :drinking1

I'm practically drooling! That French toast looks amazing. When I originally started planning my "once in a lifetime" (lol yeah right) disney trip several years back I decided I had wanted to stay at POFQ. To this day, it's still on my to-do list. I'll need to fix that!

Homecoming is absolutely a favorite for me. Your sandwiches look great! I have not ventured much past appetizers and fried chicken (I can't bring myself to venture away from what I know is so delicious) but your lunch looks much lighter than my usual order.

So sad it's almost time to say goodbye to WDW :sad: I have loved reading about it! Pour a yuengling to ease your sorrow about writing the conclusion! :drinking1

We love POFQ . You need to get there someday. So convenient to DS. The French Toast was great , glad we decided to try it .
The only thing that kept me keep away from the fried chicken was that we had dinner plans for The Boathouse.;).
Sitting at home today with a minus 5 windchill outside is making me miss WDW even more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts