Honeymoon Cruise

Callie91

Earning My Ears
My husband and I will be sailing on the Disney Dream in October for our honeymoon. I really need to let Disney know that we are celebrating our honeymoon so they can prepare for it. I read they need at least three weeks in advance. How do I let them know? I don't remember being asked what occasion we are celebrating when we signed up for the cruise? Thanks!
Callie

My husband and I will be sailing on the Disney Dream in October for our honeymoon. I really need to let Disney know that we are celebrating our honeymoon so they can prepare for it. I read they need at least three weeks in advance. How do I let them know? I don't remember being asked what occasion we are celebrating when we signed up for the cruise? Thanks!
Callie
Just call customer service and add a special occasion to your reservation.

Have you logged into your My Disney Cruise? There may also be a stop there to update that information. I was on a different cruise line and that's where it asked that sort of information. It could be the same on the Disney site but I'm not sure.

Honestly they don’t really need to prepare for it. On our honeymoon all we got was the standard celebration dessert one night while they sang happy honeymoon to us as well and some rose petals and towel swans in our room one night. Unless you are planning on buying one of the romance/honeymoon packages don’t expect too much.

We are also going on a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon! We are sailing on the Disney Dream starting November 3rd. We have never done a cruise before. Any tips for us as newlyweds for our first cruise??

I really need to let Disney know that we are celebrating our honeymoon so they can prepare for it

1) What are you expecting from Disney?
2) They really don't do that much differently.
3) There are too many people that have "special" occasions to accommodate everyone.
4) If they did, then everyone would claim to have a special occasion.

Callie

Where did you read they need 3 weeks in advance? I’m curious.

We did a 4 night cruise on the dream for the first part of our honeymoon in November 2012. We had an amazing trip, but aside from the just married buttons I don’t think we got any special recognition or treatment. Which was fine with us, we tend to get pixie dusted more than average so it wasn’t something I was particularly looking for.

I’m sure the cabin hosts do different towel animals and such depending on the make up of the guests in the cabin. One night they did rose petals in the shape of a heart on our bed which was sweet but I assumed they did that for all couples. Who knows.

Nothing they did required any advance preparation really. It was just a really nice, extremely relaxing beginning to our honeymoon.

aside from the just married buttons I don’t think we got any special recognition or treatment

1) Basically, the same in parks as on the cruise.
2) Too many people celebrating events to acknowledge all.
3) If they did, EVERYONE would claim a special event.

1) Basically, the same in parks as on the cruise.
2) Too many people celebrating events to acknowledge all.
3) If they did, EVERYONE would claim a special event.

I didn’t ask a question about how things are recognized in the parks or on the cruises. I’m quite familiar with both. As I noted, for whatever reason my husband and I tend to enjoy plenty of pixie dust while we’re at Disney, so I’ve never come home disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!