Hong Kong Trip Report - FINISHED

We went over to Tomorrowland to use our Space Mountain fastpasses - i don't like upside down coasters, but i have tried out Space Mountain at every Disney park i've been to. Thankfully this one doesn't loop, but still i didn't love it... DH of course did.

Afterwards, i decided to hang out in the photo shop at the ride exit and play around with our photo pass pictures from Wednesday. DH went single rider and got through Space Mountain again in about 10 minutes.

It was about 11:30am at this time, and i wanted to eat in a sit down restaurant before we left the park again. We chose Corner Cafe as it was so close.

We were seated immediately in the outside annexe room

There were some frozen specials advertised on our table

I ordered the ginger Coke... the syrup was very sweet

For lunch, i ordered the Reuben sandwich - the coleslaw was nasty, the sandwich was good

DH had the Caesar salad with salmon

After lunch, we did some more shopping in the Emporium

Then it was time to make our way out of Disneyland for the last time - we had a big afternoon planned! However, first, i needed to cross one more treat off my list...

MICKEY BAR!!

When we left Disneyland, we headed back on the train to Sunny Bay. This time we boarded in the direction of Tung Chung. In about 15 minutes we were disembarking there.

We were headed for Ngong Ping 360 - the cable cars! It was about 1pm, and the line was about 40 mins long. We hadn't pre-booked tickets because we didn't know how long we would stay at Disneyland. We just waited in the line. There were several fans, but it got pretty sweaty. When we got to the ticket booth we chose the regular gondola cabin (as opposed to the clear glass gondola known as Crystal). The queue to board the regular cabins was MUCH shorter than the Crystal version. We walked straight onto a gondola, with only 2 other people.

I was silently scared to death up there. I read the panel saying the gondola could come to a stop at any time, and i freaked out inside my head wondering what i would do if that happened :rolleyes1 Of course, it was fine, and we made our way on the 30 minute journey to the top.

When we arrived at the terminus, we took a walk through the village. Lot's of people, not much shade, and lot's of tourist shops.

We headed towards the big Buddha

We got to the bottom of the steps and just didn't have the energy to climb them...

Before we reboarded the gondola, we picked up some yummy frozen pineapple!

On the way back down i allowed myself to actually look out a little more... i loved seeing the view of the airport

Our final 24 hours in Hong Kong went by too quickly! After Ngong Ping and Disneyland, we were pretty exhausted to we rested for a couple of hours at the hotel before veturing out to dinner.

We decided we needed one last Cantonese meal. We headed to The One Mall, and up to King's Dumpling restaurant. The hostess spoke a little english, and she really looked after us. We didn't wait in the line that was already formed out the front, and she seated us close to her podium and translated for us when we needed anything. It was actually a really pleasant experience.

Afterwards i was determined to check another thing off my wish list - Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream! I had their Birthday Cake special - YUM.

We enjoyed our last night walk through Tsim Sha Tsui on the way back to the hotel - stopping to really look at some interesting restaurants

Our last morning was spent packing - after 5 weeks away it became a time consuming game to get everything in - but eventually we got there! We left our bags at the hotel, and checked out about noon. Our last afternoon was spent over in Causeway Bay. We used the MTR to get over to the Times Square area - lucky we could do it all underground, because it was pouring!

We ate lunch at BLT Burger. It was ok - not fantastic. There was an odd smell in there...

After some last minute shopping (i bought a couple of things at Marks and Spencer and at Lane Crawford) we had to head back towards Tsim Sha Tsui.

We collected our bags, walked back to the Airport Express Shuttle Bus stop, and waited about 5 minutes before we were collected. Back to Kowloon station, onto the train, and we were at the airport within about 45 mins of leaving the hotel. Super easy and convienient.

We ate a quick dinner at the airport from one of the quick service places.

Our Qantas flight departed at 8:30pm, so we were served another dinner once we were up in the air.

We slept restlessly, but overall it felt like a reasonably quick flight. Soon it was time for breakfast.

We got through Melbourne airport really quickly - using our e-passports. It was great - i felt so bad for all the internationals arriving, their line was backed up through the Duty Free shop.

Both DH and i really loved our week in Hong Kong. We would very much like to go back there someday and explore some more areas. We missed out on visiting Macau, the New Territories and Stanley, as well as many more urban areas.

We used the Airport Express service to and from Kowloon and found it very easy, quick and affordable.

The MTR system was always super quick and well signposted.

We found Hong Kong more expensive than we expected, with many restaurant meals about the same as we would pay in Australia (a shock after coming from dirt cheap Spain :thumbsup2).

We wished we had some local konwledge about where to eat, where to make reservations and what to choose on menus.

We wouldn't return at that time of year, it was just simply too hot and humid in July to make being outside at any time of day pleasant.

I couldn't recommend our hotel - Residence G Tsim Sha Tsui - more highly. It was just a great overall experience.

Thanks so much for reading guys! I really enjoyed remembering our great trip to Hong Kong! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Here's some other random photos...

Kowloon Park

Green display at Central Ferry Terminal

Chocolates from La Maison in the F1 Mall - this cost $15AUD but worth it :thumbsup2

Our PhotoPass photo with Duffy

What a great trip report!!

I so especially loved your food pics! One of these trips I want to go and just enjoy Hong Kong -

Thanks for posting - :)!

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great time in Hong Kong.

Hope you'll share the European part as well.

Thank you for your trip report! I enjoyed seeing your photos from Hong Kong and Disneyland! We only had 4 days in HK and 1 day at DL when were were there and I would really like to return some day.

What a great trip report!!

I so especially loved your food pics! One of these trips I want to go and just enjoy Hong Kong -

Thanks for posting - :)!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes I'm really glad you had a good trip as well!

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great time in Hong Kong.

Hope you'll share the European part as well.

Thanks Princess - i have just begun my Spain trip on the Australian board :goodvibes

Thank you for your trip report! I enjoyed seeing your photos from Hong Kong and Disneyland! We only had 4 days in HK and 1 day at DL when were were there and I would really like to return some day.

Yes i would also love to go back there and explore further, Hong Kong is an amazing city! :goodvibes

Yay I finally got through the last part of your TR!

I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter