Hoop de doo review

Cendy

Earning My Ears
going with my 9 year old son - think it will be good for that age or too boring ?

He will love it. Even if he doesn't "get" some of the jokes. It's fun and family friendly. I posted a slideshow just an hour or so ago actually.

He will love it. Even if he doesn't "get" some of the jokes. It's fun and family friendly. I posted a slideshow just an hour or so ago actually.

Oh cool Slideshow. Thanks for the reply. Do you recommend paying more for category 1 seating?

I agree on both counts. Category 1 seating is on the floor closer to the stage. It's lots of fun for a kid that age and he might get chosen to participate in the show:)

DS9 LOVED it! It's super funny. They sat us very close to the front and the performers are SO friendly. They kept giving him high-fives, they asked us where we were from, etc. We are going back in December!

I've never been, so correct me if I'm wrong. But category 2, is great if you're a party of 4 or less, as you are basically seated against the balacany. But if you're a big party, some of your party will be facing away from the show. Or this is how it looked when I book cat 2 and then was able to change to cat 1.

my 9 year old son at HDDR. I think his eyes say it all:
4BTq7Pz.jpg

We went a few years ago with two teens and a 6 yr old - they all loved it!

We went last year with a 6 and 9 year old. We all loved it. My kids want to go back. I think category 1 is worth it.

We went with a slightly urbane 11.5 y/o city slicker (DGD who thinks character dining is "for babies") and a 8 y/o born in the 'burbs boy (grand nephew) who felt no characters were beyond either hugging or mugging for the camera with. Mix them in with an Ompaah who despises Warner Brothers cartoon characters but still will shed a tear when Bambi is on the screen and a" jaded spaded what the heck am I doing in Disney anything?" Noonie and fun can be had.

HDDR was our first ADR on arrival (4 of July) and it made each and everyone of us laugh, forget about the horrors of our how to get to Orlando travails, and anticipate times to come. I think we sat in the far right back of category 1 but can't imagine not having fun in any of the other areas. The cast roamed around the whole theatre looking for people to interact with to make it a full experience. We over tipped ( the man's gesture and I chose not to remind him the tip was already included in the bill) despite being scolded by the dining manager for being the last table in the joint (our waiter forgot to bring us dessert plates) and I dinna give her a spare piece of my mind which was sooo out of character for me and obviously meant we were already under the Disney Spell ;).

We are going back this December at the now 12 y/o's request:).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter