Hoop Dee Doo closing???

I imagine all FW amenities will get a refresh and/or upgrades because the DVC folks would likely to be using them more than say the WL folks do. I can see many who love the campground and have towed their homes away from home buy in to the DVC. We have family that loved the campground and pulled their massive RV but it got costly and they are getting older. I totally see folks like them buy in.

And to add, a lot of people who would buy in at this DVC also are probably Hoop Dee Doo fans. I would guess permanently shuttering HDDR wouldn't help sell timeshares.

Venues and entertainment where there are several entertainers required per show seem at risk these days at disney - e.g. parades.

Entertainment that isn't making use of current IP at disney also seems to be at risks.

Wouldn't surprise me if rumour was true and it wasn't to be replaced.

The excuse that it's part of an expansion in the area ... but the some original plans leaked earlier this year show Pioneer Hall still standing. Other smaller things will likely relocate; looks like animals, horses and maybe Mickey Backyard BBQ. Of course not saying these are the current plans BUT the land area marked here matches the current plans for land prep work.

b_500_350_16777215_10_images_stories_OthResort_WildWay_20140109d.png

Here is the old plan overlayed on the current permit plat. Matches.

b_600_450_16777215_10_images_stories_OthResort_FtW_Permit_201803a.jpg

READ THIS :
https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor...80-ft-wilderness-dvc-plans-leaked#prettyPhoto

WDWMagic reporting on twitter:

Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will likely have it’s final performance on Dec 31 2018, as the resort moves ahead with DVC additions.

At this time Hoop Dee Doo will remain.

There are plans to bring a similar Backyard BBQ experience back at a later date.

If you look close at the plans you will see a long slightly curved pavilion type building south of Mickey's BBQ pavilion location .... maybe that could be where they say a similar comes back. It is still in proximity to the kitchens.

The number of throwaway rooms is annoying, but it's not what makes The Fort hard to book. There is massive demand. The throwaway rooms simple make it even harder to book.
It seems like they could easily fix this problem by implementing a 3 night minimum. How many “real” campers actually stay less than 3 nights?

While true, that doesn't change my point. Why get angry at something until you know it actually is happening? And as rteetz notes, even some things that are announced as happening might not actually happen.

That's just my point-of-view. If people want to upset over rumors, that's cool.
It's entirely possible that Disney executives released this rumor to assess the backlash. If the public says "meh, we want changes," then they proceed. If the public says "we will tie ourselves to Pioneer Hall and protest" then they think of some way to incorporate it into whatever DVC tower villa $2,000 /night plan they already have in place.

It's entirely possible that Disney executives released this rumor to assess the backlash. If the public says "meh, we want changes," then they proceed. If the public says "we will tie ourselves to Pioneer Hall and protest" then they think of some way to incorporate it into whatever DVC tower villa $2,000 /night plan they already have in place.
I don't believe that is the case. Look at the parking fiasco. Multiple hundred page threads on these boards alone. I for one will not stay on property anymore, it already cost too much. Maybe down the road they see if parking fees hurt their bottom line, but i doubt it.

This appears to have been an unfounded rumor where HDDR got mashed in with the BBQ as on the block.

When I read this rumor, it seemed fishy from the get-go as I thought it strange that they would shut down the HDDR with no mention of shutting down Trail’s End or Mickey’s Backyard BBQ.

Temporarily shutting down the backyard BBQ makes more sense as it’s more geographically in the footprint of the DVC addition and not as popular or beloved as HDDR.

In any event, I’m relieved as I had my heart set on taking my parents to the HDDR next May for their 50th wedding anniversary.

That's an interesting idea. If it were any other company, I'd say it's a possibility. But, not Disney.

Disney has their own in-house Research Department. If they want to know something, they'll create a survey and send it to previous guests or have Research Cast Members ask guests at the parks and/or resorts. That type of research is far more reliable than leaking a rumor and seeing how the internet reacts. Surveys are quantifiable; internet outrage (or lack thereof) is not.

We are AP holders and stay off site to save $ so we can go more often. Each trip we allow ourselves what we call a splurge. Hoop Dee Doo wins out many times. Its entertaining, a nice duration for the $ and how can you go wrong with all you can eat fried chicken and all you can drink beer. The only downside is its a bit of a pain to get to.

Nothing says camping in the forest like highrises. But hopefully Pioneer Hall will remain now.

We attended Mickeys Backyard Barbecue in 2014 and we really enjoyed it! Minnie and Mickey were there and hung out the entire night dancing with the kids and being available for a meet and greet and signing autographs. The music was great and the entertainment was amazing. We presently have a December Hoop di do reservation I hope it's not cancelled. Very sad to think Disney would remove the horses one of Walt's greatest passions hopefully only temporary and to create an even more realistic campground.

Temporarily shutting down the backyard BBQ makes more sense as it’s more geographically in the footprint of the DVC addition and not as popular or beloved as HDDR.

Hoop Dee Doo wins out many times. The only downside is its a bit of a pain to get to.
HDDR is easy to get to. I either walk over if I get a Preferred site or take the golf cart and park out front if I'm in a Premium site. :D

I'm a regular on the Fort DIS forum and actually at the Fort. Leaving in the morning to tow my 5er the 1004 miles to the Fort.

Mickey's BBQ and the horse stables have been rumored to be moved several times. The last I remember was for Backyard BBQ to go behind the Settlement Trading Post and the stables to go up front, closer to the Outpost bus stop. Not sure if those blueprints are still floating around.

j

Although a little off topic, for folks who aren't familiar with camping or RV'ing ... it's more of a lifestyle than just hitting WDW the cheapest way possible. Look up the costs on a Prevost RV, as there are people camping at The Fort with $1 million + rigs along with tricked out custom golf carts that cost as much as a small car. I could and have stayed at the deluxe resorts but we love bringing our RV down where's it's our home on wheels, don't have to worry about cleaning issues and pack the fridge with craft brews. FtW is one of the nicest campground in the world, and the camping/RV community is very family like ... I'm usually chatting with many of our surrounding site mates within a day so and most everyone is very friendly with folks looping around on their carts. You have a lot of guests who stay at the Fort and never even hit the parks. As mentioned the Fort goers are a small but vocal group.

It's not just having a campground on property that makes The Fort unique, but how well maintained it is that brings in the high dollar Rv'ers with set-ups worth well beyond most people's houses ... I can't speak for the cabins, but for camping it really is a beautiful property and an amazing experience.
Well, I stayed in a cabin for the first time since visiting WDW. WE stayed deluxe, moderate, value, and off property. I must say the cabins is one of the most highlights of all my disney stays. Just riding around on our golf cart late at night after the parks close was just peaceful. Although one night we came back from the parks and went to get QS and they closed at 10pm. everything was dead. but we had a car we hoped in our car and went over to Art Of Animation to use there food court which was open untill midnight. We ate there then hoped back in our car and went back to the cabins. I just loved my stay at the cabins, I could go on and on.....

HDDR is easy to get to. I either walk over if I get a Preferred site or take the golf cart and park out front if I'm in a Premium site. :D

I'm a regular on the Fort DIS forum and actually at the Fort. Leaving in the morning to tow my 5er the 1004 miles to the Fort.

Mickey's BBQ and the horse stables have been rumored to be moved several times. The last I remember was for Backyard BBQ to go behind the Settlement Trading Post and the stables to go up front, closer to the Outpost bus stop. Not sure if those blueprints are still floating around.

j

If you are staying at the campgrounds it's easy. I do not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!