Hoop Dee Doo closing???

These are good ideas. Just make the campgrounds packages only. But they are obsessed with making more DVC properties instead. I feel like some suits around a boardroom were persuaded by some glossy brochures promising massive returns and huge bonuses and they do not care if they change the nature of Disney. Hey, if Disney becomes just another amusement park it won't matter to them - they will have taken their bonuses and left already.
Wouldn't it be more likely that the decision-makers see the success of, and demand for, DVC? And that they make expansion decisions based on that, rather than glossy brochures?
I don't really buy that excuse. It's not like they don't allow their guests to walk outside during lightning. I think it just wasn't bringing in enough money to build permanent structures for it which was needed for cast members to check you in. And it was significantly underpriced which is pretty rare for Disney.
Possibly the insurance liability of having guests in non-guest areas when there's lightning in the area?

Possibly the insurance liability of having guests in non-guest areas when there's lightning in the area?

Well I'm not a lawyer so maybe, but I've also been backstage on a tour during lightning closures so I just don't see how this would be different.

Instead of Disney expanding, Disney likes to replace right now. The blessing of size Walt talked about with this land seems to be forgotten as of late.

Walt wasn't facing modern environmental laws. Rebuilding larger on already developed land is cheaper.

I'm okay if the replace things at Disney World .. (I mean how many of us think they should replace Tomorrowland Speedway alltogether).

Removing an old attraction not in a theme park to make way for an expansion seems smart. Heck .. how many people know about Hoop de Doo because it is in a resort area that only a small amount of people go to. I never knew about it until recently (because of these boards and a visit to Trail's End restaurant two trips ago).

Things like dinner shows are probably "one and done" experiences for most guests anyway due to their cost and the newness being gone. I've done the Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian and have no desire to do it again despite having a fun time there.

I don't think Hoop falls that way. I live locally, and I typically do Hoop once a month (I absolutely love that show)

I don't think Hoop falls that way. I live locally, and I typically do Hoop once a month (I absolutely love that show)

I live locally and have seen the show once (albeit the Christmas variant). As such, it was a once and done for us. The talent was above average and the food was good, but not great. It's just a personal choice and nothing against the show.

Adventurer's Club. They could have left it as part of Disney Springs and instituted a door charge. They would be minting money on that place now. HUGE mistake.

I really wish that was the case with the Adventurer's Club. I worked DTD Pleasure Island as a DCP the June-Dec 2017. Honestly by the area was a shell of itself. The whole Island lost money nightly. I can't remember the exact numbers anymore but at one point I remember doing a cost analysis because why not,and estimated it lost somewhere around 20 Million annually. It took a lot of labor to run that area regardless of how busy or slow it was.

Maybe. But only because they're running non stop promos. And I still find that hard to believe given the number of PINS etc...they're handing out.

1. Pins are like a 25cent investment for each tops for Disney. At one point they were literally giving them away to any guests at the resorts who stayed because it was a cheap/free add on that made people feel special and if it gets 1 in 100 into trading they've already made their money back.

2. This pricing model Disney has implemented is designed to give perceived deep discounts to entice guests to visit. They aren't dumb, they know another recession could happen. This allows them to make money now and have a substantial buffer in place if it does hit again. Remember Disney is profitable before the gates even open for the day. Giving discounted rooms last minute might cut into margin a little but overall it gives are greater sense of scarcity to system.

I really wish that was the case with the Adventurer's Club. I worked DTD Pleasure Island as a DCP the June-Dec 2017. Honestly by the area was a shell of itself. The whole Island lost money nightly. I can't remember the exact numbers anymore but at one point I remember doing a cost analysis because why not,and estimated it lost somewhere around 20 Million annually. It took a lot of labor to run that area regardless of how busy or slow it was.

Did you mean 2007? By 2017 it was long gone. I do remember the area being pretty dead towards the end, but the Adventurers Club always had a very loyal following.

Did you mean 2007? By 2017 it was long gone. I do remember the area being pretty dead towards the end, but the Adventurers Club always had a very loyal following.

My understanding is that City Walk took all the locals and PI couldn’t make on tourists only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!