Hoop Dee Doo Review

Toesmom1

Mouseketeer
Want to go in July if I can get PS. Problem is 2, 4 & 8 yr. old kids won't eat fried chicken or ribs. Go figure. All they will eat is pizza, chicken tenders or hot dogs. Is there anyway I can get something else for them there? Hate to pay that price for them not to eat. I am sure they would love the show. Can anyone help?::yes::

You generally can get other stuff for the kids that they have over at Trails End Buffeteria. Make sure to mention that your kids would like chicken fingers or whatever when you make the reservation. You may have to call directly to the Hoop Dee Doo window at FW but they can make it happen. Worst case is you will have to ask your waiter or waitress once you get there and they will bring out something if they have it. We got fries and mac & cheese.

Nope, you just pay the regular ticket price for the kids. We too got mac & cheese for our kids.
As noted above the CM taking our reservation told us to call 48 hours before the show and they gave us the direct phone number. In the end our waitress didnt bring them out anything and we had to ask for it anyway. But at least they had it there for them.
Enjoy, it really is a great show!

My DS was able to get pizza. Just had to ask waitress for it.

Our waitress both times we have gone has offered our DD mac 'n cheese and the past time she offered chicken fingers also. Now DD liked the fried chicken, corn, & beans better but it was nice they offered her other choices.

BTW - she loves the show! She's seen it at 2 1/2 & 3 1/2

We just got back and absolutely LOVED the Hoop DeDu Revue. DS4 is a picky eater and the waitress brought out mac-n-cheese, chicken strips and fries. DH helped himself to the fries and she was nice enough to replenish them as needed. The show was great and you guys should have a blast. The strawberry shortcake was to die for.

Thanks for the info. I called & the lady I talked to said I can't get other food. Think I'll go ahead & book it & if they eat they eat if not they can eat later.

We were just there in April and my son was not thrilled with the food so we asked the waitress for chicken fingers. Then for dessert he asked for ice cream and she got him that too. They were very accomodating.

We went to HDD in November and I asked the waiter to bring my DD a hot dog. He kind of looked put out, but he brought it. Then my DD wouldn't eat it because it was "too hard". I felt bad and made DH take a few bites of it. :o But she did eat a few bites of the ribs, which she would never eat before.

Maggie

Originally posted by Toesmom1
Thanks for the info. I called & the lady I talked to said I can't get other food. Think I'll go ahead & book it & if they eat they eat if not they can eat later.
Just an FYI, you can't always go by what someone at Disney Dining tells you! Many of them unfortunately don't know what they are talking about. In my experience, I was MUCH better off asking questions here on the boards, as the DISers here seem to be more knowledgeable than the CMs there! :rolleyes: When I made my February PSs, I had a CM telling me--insisting--that there was a dress code for LeCellier! After quite a few minutes--on MY phone bill, of course--we come to find out that she somehow had LeCellier confused with Victoria & Alberts!!! Ugh!!! :crazy:

We were at the Hoop de Doo last week with DS8 and DS6. Both are picky eaters and did not like what was served. DS8 ate some of the chicken and bread. DS4 did not, but the waiter brought him PBJ "from next door" (they are accomodating). The waiter told us that next time we make PS's to specify what the kids will eat and they will have it ready. I would suggest doing that and then calling a day or so before to be sure they will have what your kids want. Jay

Thanks everyone I had a nicer CM this morning. I did book it she gave me the number to call a day or 2 in advance to request something special.
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter