Hoop Dee Doo Revue Info Needed

Debs5angels

DIS Cast Member
As of now I have PS for Fantasmic for Sept. 2nd, but just heard how great the Hoop Dee Doo was and I'm thinking about changing my plans to see that instead.

Can anyone give me the low down on this show? There is 7 people in my family so unfortunatly we can't do both.

Also does anyone know of any discounts to see this show I do have AP's.

In your opinion should I stay with Fantasmic or should I change to Hoop Dee Doo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

You can do Fantasmic without costing a penny and do not need a PS. Almst every seat in the house gived the same experience.

The Hoop de Do is a riot!
I had some reservations about the whole western/corny joke thing but it was funny and the food was pretty good.

I think both are good and should be experienced at least once.

Although many do thr HDDR over and over once was enough for us.
Fantamic however we do everytime. sometimes as part of the dinner package sometimes without.

We just did both on our last trip. We did the HDDR on a 'non-park' day and Fantasmic during our visit to MGM. We loved them both!

You do not have to pay for Fantasmic. You only pay if you want a dinner package. We did the dinner package and ended up sitting in the 'non-dinner' package section because there were better seats (although the line was long to see it). On the night we went there were 2 Fantasmic shows, I bet the later one had less people. It was a bit rainy the night we went (but not bad) and everyone got a seat somewhere in the theater (so we really didn't need the dinner package--this was last week).

The HDDR has some discounts at the late seating. I know as a DVC member we can get 20% off the late show (I didn't do this because one of my kids gets very cranky when she is tired, and I didn't think she would make it through the late show).

I don't know which to tell you to do, we have gone so many times and know we will be back again, so we don't worry about missing things.

If this trip is a 'once in a long time' sort of trip, and you don't think you will be back, I would go with Fantasmic. It is VERY Disney. The HDDR has nothing 'Disney' in it (like characters or movie references). It is just a fun corny show. Nice to do on an off day.

Fantasmic was wonderfully DISNEY and brought smiles and applause from everyone in the audience (even in the light rain falling on us).

DJ

I think I must be one of the very few that was not overly impressed with Hoop de doo .......... it was ..... okay.

If you are asking opinions of either one or the other I would definitly pick Fantasmic !!!

:wave:

Fantasmic is a do not miss type of show.

Not sure if you mean $$$ you can only do one, or if time limit only allows you to do one.

If you are asking should you do the dinner package for Fantasmic, or do HDDR then I say go for HDDR. IF you are saying should you see Fantasmic or HDDR instead, then I say see Fantasmic!

We usually see fantasmic a couple of times during our visits and have never done the dinner package. We have never been disappointed with our seats either. We are doing Hoop Dee Doo this trip so I can't give an opinion yet, but I did check out discounts and unless you are a DVC owner there are currently none available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter