Horseback Riding??? Where In The World???

sunking

Tag Fairy? We don't need no stinkin' Tag Fairy.
I believe that they offer horseback riding somewhere either at Fort Wilderness or Wilderness Lodge...Does anyone have any info that they might like to share about this...We are looking for something to do on the day we switch from the All Star Movies to Wilderness Lodge Villa's and thought this might be a nice option...
Thanx in advance...
Sunking

Hi ~ Yes, they do have horsback riding at Fort Wilderness. I think it's about $35 for 45 minutes or so (not exactly sure of the time). There is an age minimum of 9 years old. My dd was too young, so we did the pony rides for $3.00 at FW last April. We saw the horseback riders as we waited for the bus to take us to the pony rides and petting zoo. S

It is for 45 minutes. A couple in our group did this last trip. Just be aware that it's a pretty controlled trail ride. You have a "leader" up front that everyone follows single file. They thought it was okay, but would have preferred a little less restricted ride. It's probably what most people visiting WDW would want though.

We're fairly experienced with horses and that makes a huge difference. The horses were good quality and well trained, not like some of the dogs you often find on some trail rides.

It's perfect for kids ( those that meet the age requirement), or for people with little or no experience riding horses. Not that someone more experienced can't enjoy it, you should just be aware that it's not as though they saddle you up and let you go!;)

thanx for the great info!!!! what they are offering sounds like what i am looking for as we are not anywhere near experienced riders...
can this be reserved ahead of time and does anyone recall the price for the ride???
thanx again for the info....
sunking

It can be booked 30 days in advance. Another poster said it cost around $35 and while I don't recall for sure, that sounds about right. The ride is 45 minutes. They were very good about giving the full 45 minutes to the ride itself. You'll spend about 10-15 minutes getting everyone saddled up and go through their routine of explaining things but that didn't come off the ride time.
All in all, it was probably an hour from start to end.

I liked the fact that they paid some attention to pairing up people to their horses. Shorter people and kids to smaller horses..etc. They also have complimentary lockers when you can store small items..purses,etc.

what phone number can i use to reserve this???
thanx yet again for the info!!!!
sunking

bump!!!!

just wondering if anyone knows if there is a phone number that i could call to make reservations for this...
thanx...
sunking

From the official WDW website:

- - - - - - -
Horseback Riding:

Enjoy a 45-minute guided trail ride around and about the peaceful scenery of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Two cowboys lead the way and answer questions. Departure is from the Fort Wilderness Trailblaze Corral (by the main parking lot) and check-in is 30 minutes prior to ride time.

Horseback Riding

General Information What to wear: We suggest you wear long pants for the ride. Hats should not be worn, except baseball caps. Please do not bring cameras or pocketbooks. And remember, shoes must be worn at all times. (Please do not wear open-toed or open-heeled shoes.)

Please note: Ride times vary due to seasons and cancellation of rides may occur due to inclement weather.

Cost $30.19 plus tax.

Reservations Reservations are required and can be made up to two weeks in advance by calling (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529)†. Minimum age of nine and maximum weight of 250 pounds. (No double riders.)
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.

† Remember: If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.
- - - - - - -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter