Delete Thread

Day 3, Part 1-Grinchmas Cheer & Time Travel

The next morning we slept in and watched some Maury :rotfl: Because what else do you watch on vacation?

Also it was a very exciting day because the weather was finally nice enough to wear shorts!

Then we headed to Jake's:

Jake's American Bar Review

We also stopped at the arcade after because Josh likes to play the boxing game, but he punched it so hard that it stopped working for a few minutes :lmao:there was a little kid in the arcade with his dad who was watching Josh wide eyed, and he was like "You punched it so hard you broke it!" We actually thought he broke it too, but it started working again right before the last time he tried.

We had entered Islands of Adventure!

We actually didn't do many Christmas themed activities which I'm kind of disappointed about now. I wanted to see the Grinchmas show this year, but we didn't feel like waiting for the next one so we skipped it.

We did take a ride on the High in Sky Trolley Ride though:

Next up we finally went on an attraction we've never made it onto before! Usually when we step up to Poseidon's Fury there's always a 20 minute wait, but this time we were told to go right in....then we waited inside for 20 mins where I had 0 cell service.

IMG_8719.jpeg

Sorry to those who like it, but I'm doubting we'll ever do this attraction again. This attraction was not quite what I expected at all. It was long after a long wait, at some point we got hit with water that smelled kind of gross, and the climax was straight 90's CGI. It definitely felt like we time traveled back to the 90's :rotfl:

Because we had started our day late, it was just about time to hop over to Universal Studios for the Macy's Parade. (We'd be back after that to see the rest of the park).

We got to USO rather quickly so we played a round of Men In Black.

This round tied us up at 3-3, with Josh winning, which is where our score stays because this is the last time we got to go on it for this trip.

So it looks like we have another tie! (I think we tied last time too).

Next we went to find seats for the Macy's Holiday Parade. Last year we didn't make the parade a priority, but I was pretty excited about the new floats this year including one of...
Continued in next post

Last edited:

We also stopped at the arcade after because Josh likes to play the boxing game, but he punched it so hard that it stopped working for a few minutes :lmao:It'll be in the vlog, but there was a little kid in the arcade with his dad who was watching Josh wide eyed, and he was like "You punched it so hard you broke it!"

:laughing: It probably wasn't designed to take a punch from a grown man!

QZ9FU0fl.jpg

WUAieZdl.jpg

We did take a ride on the High in Sky Trolley Ride though:

aY7TVDql.jpg

Oh my, the colors and that sky :love:

This attraction was not quite what I expected at all. It was long after a long wait, at some point we got hit with water that smelled kind of gross, and the climax was straight 90's CGI. It definitely felt like we time traveled back to the 90's :rotfl:

I don't even recall this attraction being there…guess I didn't miss much!

We really enjoyed the Macy's Holiday Parade even more than I thought. It was very easy to get a spot last minute, and I would definitely see it again.

Looks like fun!

Love Agent Dale Cooper in there again.......:lovestruc

Your parade pictures are lovely.......we were impressed with it too, and like you more than we thought we would be.

Enjoying your updates........

Wow!

Those Macy parade pictures are fabulous

One of these years I will try to be at the darkside to see it in person.

The parade looks fun! Your pictures are great!

Sorry to those who like it, but I'm doubting we'll ever do this attraction again. This attraction was not quite what I expected at all. It was long after a long wait, at some point we got hit with water that smelled kind of gross, and the climax was straight 90's CGI. It definitely felt like we time traveled back to the 90's :rotfl:

This is so 90s, I love it :rotfl: the effects are so bad at the end! We went in not knowing what to expect.... and Zack was like, this is great!! :confused3 Alright... I think its very dependent on your. . Guide? Tho... we went back in on the last day, when we had our people that could only come for a day... not something I would take one day people to, unless it was reallllllly slow :laughing: but our guide the second time wasn't very good. Zack was still thrilled... I was just like, I love you, but you know the rest of the group thinks you're nuts, right?

Yes :rotfl: Josh thought the end was funny, but at the end we both agreed never to do it again. Once we got in there I wasn't sure how long before we got to leave. It felt like we waited forever with no cell service and then I had no idea how long the attraction took. I wouldn't bring people on a 1 day thing either, it takes quite some time and it's taken us a lot of trips to do it and I never felt like it was something we had to do.
Zack was so in love with the water tunnel... I was like, this would be neater if it didn't stink and it wasn't misting me :rotfl:

We had so much fun that we plan on returning in November especially since we have AP’s :cool1:
We liked Jakes the food and :drinking1we’re great and it was never overcrowded
There’s something about Disney squirrels that makes them xtra cute
Your parade pictures are so pretty can’t wait to see all the Christmas stuff

Those floats look so cute! I'm definitely making it a priority to see it in December! (Watching your vlog too right now)

Love the parks in the dark! And JP is quite spooky when there is no one else around.......

Pictures are lovely!

I think when we go in May it should be dark one night, and I want to ride the High in the Sky Trolley ride to see all the lights.

:thumbsup2 I loved doing this on our last visit!

Our view was good, but everyone holding their phones in the air was kind of distracting. I don't mind if people film or take pictures, I was doing it too, but I never hold my phone over the height of my head when I'm filming something.

I'm with you. I find all the devices held up high in the air super distracting. If you face can see it, your phone can also see it at face-height.

We headed to The Hulk so Josh could ride while I sat with our things and listened to the The Hulk roar :rotfl:

I strongly relate to this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts