Hotel Check In Question

ymn

Mouseketeer
Hi, I am wondering how early you can check into your hotel. I will arrive before the parks open and am wondering if I will be able to check in at that time and return to the hotel later. Has anyone done this before? Thanks

I imagine this would depend on your hotel. We'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel in April, and my understanding is that we'll be able to do the paperwork for check-in and leave our luggage, but likely won't get into our room until the 3pm check-in time. If the room happens to be available at the time of check-in, we'll be able to get in right away.

You might want to call your hotel to ask their procedure. :)

We have stayed at the Grand Californian numerous times and only once have we been able to get access to our room before 3:00 (the normal check in time). I was able to get the paperwork completed and even get the room keys. The CMs also provide a number to call for the status or room number so you don't need to go back to the hotel to get the information.

I have stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn, Hojo's, and Disneyland Hotel.. I have them hold my luggage, go to the parks and come back later to put luggage in my room. Works very well and can usually do the same at check out if you are leaving later in day.

I almost always check in early for both onsite and offsite hotels. Many call it pre-registration. They'll take all your credit card info, get everything processed, give you a parking pass if needed, then hold your bags and tell you to come back after 3. Sometimes the room is actually ready and they'll let me have the keys. I was even able to get our last room at the Disneyland hotel at 10am.

Never been too early (long drive) .Sad to say i make dw or dd check in .After that I lug most of the luggage to the room , then it's Miller Time and/or poolside for this old man. :cool1:

Definitely call your hotel and find out what their policy is. With Tropicana and Best Western Park Place Inn, we've been lucky to have our room ready before the 3pm check in time. But I do know that have a luggage storage room, to stow your luggage while you go to the parks if your room is not ready. We also "checked in" early (9am) at GCH, they had no problems holding our luggage 'til our room was ready(3pm). My sister checked in early as well (9:30am) and was given her room immediately.

I'll be staying at the Disneyland hotel. I'll give them a call. Thanks everyone.

The Disneyland Hotel does have pre-registration. Like others said, you can pre-register, and leave your luggage at the desk, then go back after 3pm.

Yep! I have done this many times at the DLH too! When you get to the hotel pull up to the front doors, a bellman will come over to help you unload your luggage and will ask (or you can say) that you are pre-registering and would like them to hold the luggage until your room is ready. They will give you a luggage tag with a number on it and the phone number. Then go park the car and pre-register at the Front Desk. They will also give you a phone number to call, so you can check without coming all the way back to the hotel. Once you do the actual check-in (only takes a sec), then you can call the Bell Desk and they will bring your luggage up. Typical tip for a bellman for this service is $1 per bag/suitcase/grocery bag handled with a minimum of $5 when the bags are delivered to the room (you dont have to tip the guy that unloads).

Same on the way out. You can call the Bell Desk and ask them to come get your bags. They do have a rule that you must be in the room for them to pick up the luggage. They will give you the "receipt" with the claim number on it. You can go check out and play for the day at the park. Then at the end of the day, go get the car, pull up to the front, give them your claim "receipt" and load up. Again, $1/bag with a $5 minimum to the guy that you give the bags to in the room.

Alex2kMommy said:
I imagine this would depend on your hotel. We'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel in April, and my understanding is that we'll be able to do the paperwork for check-in and leave our luggage, but likely won't get into our room until the 3pm check-in time. If the room happens to be available at the time of check-in, we'll be able to get in right away.

You might want to call your hotel to ask their procedure. :)

I second this. DLH is usually really good about timing if you've reserved the room a good amount ahead of time. All four times I've stayed there, they've already had a room available when we've checked in (always been between 10:00 and 11:00 AM), so we were able to take our bags up and get lunch in the park, before hitting up the attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter