Hotel help.leave in 8 days..long

F

flabound

I posted this on the Resort board, but thought it might get some different input here.

Here's the deal: Originally we booked Dec 16-21 at Embassy Suites LBV because DH wanted 2 suites since there's 2 adults, 2 grandparents, 3 kids (great rate $89 each including super breakfast)

Then our flight changed so we added 2 days to the end of our trip at DD Courtyard (for $29 ea prepaid nonrefundable)

Then our flight changed again so we added 2 more days to the beginning at DD Courtyard (again $29 ea prepaid nonrefundable)
Total for Dec.14-23 around $1250
BUT
I found a super rate at the Yacht club ($174) and DH AGREED! but only if we stay the entire time. He thinks this is too much bouncing around. I agree, but the 4 nights are already prepaid. And I really am not sure about 9 nights in a hotel room versus a suite. BWV would have been a nobrainer but they're booked.

Anyhow, please HELP! What would you do?

Wow, this one is tough! My answers might change a little depending on the ages of your children and whether any of them would be staying with the grandparents. Also, it might change depending on how big a factor money versus convenience is for you. But here are some thoughts:

I might try to talk my husband into the first two days at the DD Courtyard and the rest of the stay at Yacht Club, so that you are not forfeiting all your pre-paid stays. Just don't really unpack the suitcases those first two days. I agree 100% about not switching back at the end of the trip - that would be both a huge let down and a real pain.

Another consideration is how important breakfast is to your family. Embassy Suites usually provides a very nice breakfast (and an indoor pool if it turns out to be cold weather) and between breakfast and the price difference, the Yacht Club is really double the price. I love the location and would choose the deluxe Epcot resorts in a second as THE place to stay for touring the parks. I also don't think the rooming arrangements with non-teenage kids would be that big of an issue, but some people would really like having the two rooms (and two televisions) and a hot breakfast every morning.

After having always stayed on property, we were pleasantly surprised by how fast and pleasant it was to stay off site and drive to the parks. Some people swear they love the non-stress of Disney transportation - I'm just the opposite and have always found the dynamics of not knowing when the bus is going to come in the morning and waiting with all the tired, grumpy, often pushy people at the end of the day, to be real stress. (That's why I like the Epcot resorts - I can walk if I want!)

So, in summary, if your kids aren't at the age where privacy and some down-time are paramount, breakfast isn't too important, you want a very park oriented, in the magic, resort experience, grab that great rate at the Yacht Club. For me it would probably be worth it just to not have to change hotels for the last two days! Good luck.

We have a teenager (a GOOD one, but a teen none the less) a 10 & 7yo. Originally we planned that big breakfast to hold us until a late lunch, then dinner offsite..this due to the shorter hours. If we do the YC this plan goes completely out the window of course. However, DS needs to eat the minute his eyes open or we all suffer, but i guess cereal would work.

The indoor pool was a consideration, but the weather hopefully seems warm enough to swim outside.

One of the kids will bunk with GP's. I guess the adults could sit on the balcony after the kids go to bed in lieu of the living area with a tv.

DH wants to visit Kennedy, so maybe we could do that Sat (day 2). That would make staying at CY the first 2 days a little easier to bear. That's only 1 move:rolleyes:

Oh why do I do these things to myself..:confused:

I definitely believe that going to KSC that second day is a good idea. KSC is worthwhile, but I don't believe it is a good "break" day from Disney (like the beach or Sea World) because it is science and technology without the Epcot/Disney touch. This would make (me) even happier about staying in DD for the first two days - you are saving about $500 but still get to start fresh with the "Disney Magic" on day 3 of your vacation.

Much as I admire the Embassy concept and its value (boy, that was a great rate!), I have to say Yacht Club sounds better for your family. Another consideration, the Yacht Club will give the grandparents more flexibility about doing their own thing (or giving the 7 year old some downtime) and you and your husband will have more options for slipping in some "dates" in the evening.

I would at least do the Yacht Club for a new days. Nothing like staying directly on site!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter