Hotel question - onsite vs. offsite

squirrel922

Earning My Ears
Hi. First timer looking into going to Universal for 3-5 days early January. Was looking into Royal Pacific but the Cabana Bay seems to be like half the price.

If we stayed at Cabana Bay, I believe there are busses and people seem to like the hotel. My question would be would we then have to add Express Passes to our tickets which would take a big chuck out of the cost savings I'm guessing? Is there anything else I should consider since I don't know what I don't know?

Also are Express Passes bought per day?? So I'd have to buy one for every day I'm there?

Thanks

If you stay at one of the premier hotels, you get free unlimited ep
Just show your hotel room key to use the ep lines in the parks.

If you stay at one of the other onsite hotels, you can buy the ep.
Options are one use only for rides and shows
You can buy multi day ep or single day ep

Do most people add on the Express Pass to their tickets staying at Cabana Bay? Is it necessary in Early January?

I would stay at Royal Pacific, then you have unlimited EP for your travel party.

If you opt for Cabana Bay, most advise to wait to purchase EP until you are at the parks. That way you can decide "day of" if you need them or not.
Note: EP is sold several ways...
EP for single use per ride
EP unlimited
EP for both parks or just a single park (which is important depending upon your park passes)
Everyone will need to purchase the EP....that can get expensive for a larger family, which makes Royal Pacific a better value.
EP sold at the park has a sliding scale cost....more expensive when Universal predicts larger crowds

Hope that helps!

I strongly suspect you won't need EP for most days early Jan.

However, it would typically be significantly cheaper to get it via the hotel than buying separately if you are going to get it anyways.

Have you looked at the AP rates for your dates? Those rates save a pretty chunk of change, usually covering the cost of an upgrade to the AP.

I stay at Cabana and have AP ... so you get early hour entry at one park with resort stay and Extra perks after 2 pm currently like using the express line. It is normally 4 pm but shortened operating hours have changed the timing.
So I usually would not pay for the Express addition because it is expensive. Staying at Cabana Bay Family Suite Pool view is my favorite.Do any of the other resorts offer more than the 2 bed in a room Floor plan? Thanks
I know the deluxe Hard Rock has room for a roll away option...

Buying separate EPs can get very expensive, as they are per person per day. If you have 3 or more in the room, then the deluxe hotels would end up being quite a bit cheaper. You also get to avoid the busses and the CityWalk security by taking the boat or walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter