hotel reservations - when?

dee slack

DIS Veteran
we are looking to stay at the Hollywood Hotel for a couple of nights at the end March / beg April 2014 but cannot get info yet for prices or offers - does anyone know when they will be released, and when is the best time to make reservations for the best deals - as early as possible or closer to the date?
Many thanks in advance!

If anyone has some information I'd be interested to know the answer to this question as well. I'm looking to book a couple of nights in June 2014, and it seems weird that they haven't even opened reservations for January yet.

Hey there,

Try sending them an email, they always respond fairly promptly and they should be able to provide you a quote for the dates you want. You can save up to 15-25% i think if you book at least 45 days prior to your stay. March should not be a peak period, but weekends could fill up faster than week nights.

An update on the above - the park advised me via e-mail that reservations for June will open in late March. Quite a difference considering I can already book a December 2014 trip to WDW, but good to know when to check back.

An update on the above - the park advised me via e-mail that reservations for June will open in late March. Quite a difference considering I can already book a December 2014 trip to WDW, but good to know when to check back.

wow, that's what you call 'last minute' in my book!

Hi there!

I'm planning to go back to Disneyland this December. It'll be my 2nd time there but my first time solo. I'm keen on staying at HK Disneyland hotel (also my 1st time) preferably at a lower cost - I've seen good deals on Expedia however all of them are for twin sharing (families of 4). Can I book this and just specify that I'll need a queen/king bed instead or are they very strict about these stuff?

I'm a bit hesitant because a colleague of mine booked via their official website for a specific room but when they got to the hotel, a different room was given and despite having proof that it wasn't what they booked, they had to settle with what was given.

Looking forward to hear from you guys! Thanks in advance!:wave2:

If you're booking on Expedia, you can specify that there is just one in your party when you do the original search. If you go ahead with your booking, it will only be for the one as you have already specified. You can still choose the room you want like normal. Having said that, I don't believe that there are any 'twin share' rooms at HKDL, at either hotel. As far as I know they all have either 2 queens or a king.

FWIW when we stayed at the DL Hotel we found the customer service was great, and they were more than happy to move us when we weren't happy. I had forgotten that I needed to specify non-smoking, and the first room smelt awful!. 10 minutes later we were in our lovely new room with a balcony for lots of nice fresh air. We also had a great experience at the Hollywood, had our request for a high floor honoured, and also got some lovely anniversary pixie dust :goodvibes

If you're booking on Expedia, you can specify that there is just one in your party when you do the original search. If you go ahead with your booking, it will only be for the one as you have already specified. You can still choose the room you want like normal. Having said that, I don't believe that there are any 'twin share' rooms at HKDL, at either hotel. As far as I know they all have either 2 queens or a king.

FWIW when we stayed at the DL Hotel we found the customer service was great, and they were more than happy to move us when we weren't happy. I had forgotten that I needed to specify non-smoking, and the first room smelt awful!. 10 minutes later we were in our lovely new room with a balcony for lots of nice fresh air. We also had a great experience at the Hollywood, had our request for a high floor honoured, and also got some lovely anniversary pixie dust :goodvibes

Oops! Yes, I meant the 2 queens. Whew, that's a relief! Thanks zanzibar138! Pretty stoked about my trip even though its still 6 months away pixiedust:

Is the DL hotel really worth the extra cost as compared to Hollywood? I would stay in both if I had more time but my itinerary can only fit 1 day in HKDL.

Thanks again!:cloud9:

It depends on what's important to you. I loved the DL Hotel and if I could afford to stay there I definitely would. It feels luxurious and opulent, and the lobby was fantastic for just relaxing and people watching. The rooms are bigger, and I prefer the Victorian theming. Plus, it's only a 10 minute walk to the park, on the Disney themed walkway with Disney music piped in - a great way to start the day!

Although I'm not a big fan of the art deco theming at the Hollywood, I still enjoyed my stay there. The room was nice enough, clean and very comfortable. And the gardens were fun to wander through with the classic cars and Hollywood sign. It's about an extra 10 minute walk from here to get to the Disney walkway, along a plain old footpath (well, nicely landscaped, but no Disney touches). We never bothered with the shuttle at the DL Hotel, but found it was worth it from the Hollywood.

Since you've only got one day, you might be at the park from opening to close. If that's the case, I would save your money and just stay at the Hollywood in a standard room. If you're planning to have some down time at the hotel, and can afford it, I would splurge on the DL Hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter