Hotel Santa Fe FAQ & Information Thread

When we were there in Feb, there were 2 per day in the morning (breakfast time) - they changed every day, but on the day we waited in line, there was Minnie and Mickey (both in Mexican dress). Goofy and Donald were also in the line-up for the breakfast time meets on another day, plus possibly Pluto from what I recall.

Goofy was around the hotel loads when we were there outside the breakfast times - we checked in at about 11am and he was at reception then (got my first hug :goodvibes ) and he was also there in the restaurant during the buffet dinner hours.

Elaine

Great photos of the Santa Fe you took here Steve. Am looking forward to staying there.

Hi guys, we're thinking about staying here in april, but looking at the pics, I'm not sure hubby would like the look of it, is there any way i coul sell it to him?

Well, you could tell him that the rooms inside are the same size as the Cheyenne, and my only experience of staying in the Cheyenne was marred by our room being situated opposite a fire escape door, which was banged most of the evening by a group of schoolkids chasing each other all over the block.

I didn't have that in the Santa Fe, as every time we've stayed there, we have been in the small blocks.

Sorry everyone, but I also think the beds in the Santa Fe rooms are more comfy than the beds at the Cheyenne.

The main public areas of the Cheyenne are without doubt better-themed than the Santa Fe. I guess it really depends what your husband wants from his trip - if its just bed, shower, and reception, the Santa Fe is perfectly fine.

Elaine

thanks Elaine, helpful as always :)
That's how i see it too, i want somewhere to sleep and wash, and i'm not fussed where it is, but i'd like to be reasonably priced, my husband however, has decided he wants to be right next t othe park, because he doesn't like having to take te short 5 minute bus ride, and he wants to use a gym, so now he wants to stay at Hotel New York!
hmph!

This hotel was really nice, the beds were comfy etc. There wasnt much of a scrum at breakfast which was i expecting, the staff were very friendly and the character meets in the morning were great.

I would deffo recommend staying here.

just quick question

does santa fe hotel provides towel in thee room?

Hi - we came back from Santa Fe on Wed and thought it was fine. You get clean towels every day if need be (just leave the ones you need changing in the bath). Julie x

I am so excited, only 3 and a bit months till i go! :hyper:

From the pics it doesn't seem massively themed (which i can understand from a value) are the rooms ok?

Im glad you can walk it too, that seems like the best option for us, as i would prefer to feel like im 'getting there' than waiting for a bus! Lol!

Super excited!

thanks for the replies! :)

another quick questions do they provide ironing facilities (iron/ironing board)? do i need to request this in advance?
and how about an adapter? do i need to bring one from the uk or just borrow it from the hotel?

thanks for the replies! :)

another quick questions do they provide ironing facilities (iron/ironing board)? do i need to request this in advance?
and how about an adapter? do i need to bring one from the uk or just borrow it from the hotel?

Not sure about ironing facilities, never saw anythere but you may be able to ask at reception or someone else here may know.
I would bring your own plug adaptor aswell :)

I am so excited, only 3 and a bit months till i go! :hyper:

From the pics it doesn't seem massively themed (which i can understand from a value) are the rooms ok?

Im glad you can walk it too, that seems like the best option for us, as i would prefer to feel like im 'getting there' than waiting for a bus! Lol!

Super excited!

The rooms are fine - ours was clean and large enough for 2 adults and 2 children, they are Mexican themed.

The buses are excellent - they arrive every 10 minutes (bit of a mad scramble!) but you are in the park in about 3 minutes. Julie x

i stayed her in may here is a photo i took of the room, i thought it was fine i didn't want to spend lots of money on a hotel that we wouldn't spend much time is. i thought it was a nice hotel, it was clean, food was good, and walked to and from the parks each day and the walk is really nice.
P1020700.jpg
[/IMG]

i stayed her in may here is a photo i took of the room, i thought it was fine i didn't want to spend lots of money on a hotel that we wouldn't spend much time is. i thought it was a nice hotel, it was clean, food was good, and walked to and from the parks each day and the walk is really nice.
P1020700.jpg
[/IMG]

See those rooms look a lot nicer than some of the other pictures i've seen!

Thanks for the reassurance and the kids are so cute! :hug:

Has this hotel been redecorated since 2004? When we stayed there in September 2004 it really looked like it needed at least painting outside. Was very dissapointed with the hotel as it looked so out of place with the others around.

On the plus side the rooms were comfortable and to be honest who really does much more than sleep ;) at the hotel anyway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter