Hotel/transport for late night Hard Rock Live show?

NorweJenNY

Always expanding my knowledge of the World
Two of us are going to a show at Hard Rock Live Orlando and know ZERO about the area because we usually gravitate to Disney when we are in Orlando. (We are from south Florida, might just spend a few hours at Disney earlier in the day since we’re passholders and then head over to this other area for the show.)

What’s a reasonably priced hotel you’d recommend? (Universal hotels are definitely out of our price range.) We have our own car but wouldn’t mind leaving it parked somewhere besides CityWalk if it would save us stress and money. Our show at Hard Rock Live is at 9:30pm, so we are pretty sure we’d be going straight to bed after.

So hotel with free parking and Uber?
Or hotel with free shuttle to City Walk? (Or would we end up Ubering anyway because of shuttle scheduled?)
Or do we just deal with parking at CW?
Or is there an option I’m not thinking of?

Price Hyatt Place. Free parking, free breakfast, walking distance to Universal. To get the free breakfast you need to join Hyatts loyalty program and book on hyatts website. Follow the price guarantee policy and Hyatt will match prices on other sites.
Doubletree, Hyatt House and Holiday Inn is in the same area.

When are you going. What is your price range Universal is opening their endless summer resort. There should be some good opening prices.

There are several hotels located within walking distance. However, it's a long walk because you'll need to walk all the way through CityWalk to get to Hard Walk Live. I'd recommend taking a look at a map just to get an idea of distance. (It also may help inform shoe choice.)

Here's an satellite view from Bing Maps. If unfamiliar, the parking structures are to the right side. (I think that's the general area where shuttles and cabs drop off guests, too.) You pass through that large round structure to cross Universal Blvd to get to CityWalk. Hard Rock Live is on the left side of the water. It's labeled as Hard Rock Cafe on the map. It's probably about a half mile walk.
https://binged.it/2FLI3S0

Provided you're not going during Halloween Horror Nights, Parking is free at Universal after 6pm. I used to live down the street from Universal. (Literally. Head north and Universal Blvd and you'd run into my complex.) Their parking structures aren't too bad in the evening. Provided you have a designated driver, driving yourself is probably the easiest option. Doing that also gives you a better hotel selection, since you won't need a shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter