Hotels in the San Diego area?

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
We are supposed to be visiting a friend who lives in San Diego, during our July trip and I'm looking at hotels. At first we were going to be staying with him, but now he's getting married sometime this spring or summer and not sure of his plans.

I still want to visit SD but not sure what area to look at for hotels. I think this friend lives near the Carlsbad area but not sure if we want to stay there if he's not going to be there, if there's a better area.

What do you all think? I'd like to get something booked, even if just for a back-up, for now. Looking at mid price range.

We usually use Priceline for hotels in SD. We also have friends who live in Carlsbad and we like to stay in La Jolla. The hotel we got last March when we went south was Hyatt La Jolla on Aventine for $52 USD/night. (Rack rates were $250 USD!). We LOVED this hotel. They treated us very well. We got a nice sized room with a bathroom that could fit 8 people in there at one time (not that we did that) :) It was close to the I-5 exit so we found it convenient to hop onto the hwy and get to Carlsbad, Seaworld, and other attractions.

It was close to UTC (University Towne Center) mall which has a nice food marketplace where you can find many foods for lunch/dinner. There's a California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) restaurant 10 minutes away.

If you really did want to stay in Carlsbad, there's a nice Hilton Garden Inn across the street from the beach. It is a newer hotel and was pricier than the $52/night we got thru Priceline.

I just booked at Staybridge Suites-Sorrento Mesa. It is north of downtown so a little closer to Carlsbad but still in San Diego. We are getting a 2-bedroom suite for less than $200 (AAA rate); they have many room types available. Check out their website www.staybridge.com, it looks pretty nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter