Hotels outside of Disney Land....

goofeygirl

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the hotels outside of Disney Land. I am partaking in the Star Wars weekend and booked a room at the Sheraton Park Hotel in Anahiem. It states its a walking distance from Disney but doesn't actually give how far it is.

Since I am totally unfamiliar with DL....I have no idea how far this is from the race start area....is anyone else booked there? Can I walk from that hotel to the start area or do I need a taxi???

Thx.

According to googlemaps, it is .9 miles.

I stayed right next door at the Springhill suites convention center when I was there for Avengers 2 months ago. It was an easy walk, and you will see lots of other runners walking there on race morning.

Are you going alone, or will you have another runner with you? I had kind of a scary run-in on race morning at the 7-11 across the street, I went in to get coffee around 3:30 am and a kind of sketchy, meth-addict looking guy followed me in and then stood WAY too close to me at the register. It was so creepy the 7-11 cashier even started yelling at the guy to get away from me.

I had a (large, male) friend staying at a different local hotel that walked to the corrals with me an hour later--and had no problems. So, I would just make sure you have someone walking with you, or that you see other runners heading that way before you venture out. :)

Thank you for that. So distance wise I am safe. As for coffee and/or breakfast...I actually just went to the store and bought a couple of containers of instant oatmeal...and the room has a coffee maker in it already...so I wont stop for anything.

I will look out my window and when I see a collection of runners walking I will blend in with them.

I am staying at the hotel with someone else but am the only one running. I am doing the 10k and then the half the next day.

I stayed at the Park Sheraton for the DL 10K last August. There were lots of runners heading to the start line by 4:15 ( for a 5:30 start). By the time I got to the stop light to cross Katella (half a block from the Sheraton), there was a group of runners. I chatted with a couple from that point until we reached the start area. I never felt unsafe, but we stay at that hotel and do the walk to DL a lot.

Have a great race. -- Suzanne

I stayed at the Park Sheraton for the DL 10K last August. There were lots of runners heading to the start line by 4:15 ( for a 5:30 start). By the time I got to the stop light to cross Katella (half a block from the Sheraton), there was a group of runners. I chatted with a couple from that point until we reached the start area. I never felt unsafe, but we stay at that hotel and do the walk to DL a lot.

Have a great race. -- Suzanne

Thanks. That is the hotel I am booked in.

I, too, am a single runner. I have always felt perfectly safe walking to DL from my hotel. Last year there was an incident one of the race mornings. My hotel informed me and suggested that I walk with someone else or with a group. There was really no problem doing that as there are a number of people walking to the race that time of morning. I just walked down to the entrance of the hotel and up to a group of other runners and introduced myself and walked with them to the Start.

I, too, am a single runner. I have always felt perfectly safe walking to DL from my hotel. Last year there was an incident one of the race mornings. My hotel informed me and suggested that I walk with someone else or with a group. There was really no problem doing that as there are a number of people walking to the race that time of morning. I just walked down to the entrance of the hotel and up to a group of other runners and introduced myself and walked with them to the Start.

That's right! I had forgot about the woman attacked at Tinker bell! This article doesn't say which hotel she was staying at though (it wasn't one of the 3 Disney owned ones, though) http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-w...ed-before-charity-run-at-disneyland-1.1646464

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter