hotels

cinderella_bella

Mouseketeer
OK I am so confused. Some people say stay on Disney but to me it is sooooo expensive and I can't justify staying there. So I was wondering. Where do you stay when you visit and why. On or off site? Do you like a specific chain of hotels or do you go with what your budget will allow? I like a clean room with some space for the 3 kids and a nice pool doesn't hurt. So do tell! Thanks.

Tania:D

If you can get a code rate at the All Stars, you will probably be paying less or the same as an off-site hotel. We always stay there for the convenience but we don't have kids. Some people prefer off-site suites, like Holiday Inn Family Suites, for the convenience of a suite and I think there are free breakfasts involved as well. I would also check out the resort boards and maybe do a search for more information.
I don't think I would ever stay off site again, we just love WDW too much to be away from it at all during our vacation.
Your kids would probably like the character caravan that comes to the hotel a few mornings a week. If you do choose on-site lodging, you have the option to return to your hotel for a break. You can also have any parcels you purchase delivered to the resort. The All Stars are popular with children for their larger than life theming, and they have great food courts with fairly good prices.
Check out http://www.mousesavers.com to search for codes for the dates you are interested in. Mousesavers also has info on off-site hotel deals.
Good luck, you are definitely in the right place as the disboards have all the WDW information you could possibly hope for!;)

Welcome Tania,

If you head over to the Disney Resorts Boards, everyone there will tell you HAVE to stay on site or you'll be missing the magic. Now I LOVE to stay on-site, but for us the magic is being on vacation together. We have stayed off-site and had a great time!

Check out the Orlando Hotel & Attraction Board. You'll find lots of good info there. Keep in mind that with off-site hotels, you usually get more room for less money. You also have the option of cheaper restaurants. That leaves more money for souvenirs or a character meal or two. The downside to off-site is the construction and traffic. If you are a patient person and don't mind allowing a little more time in the morning, it is fine.

We just got back from a week at All-Stars and had a great time, but we got a great rate. My sister is there now and she is staying at Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Disney. Her rate was $20/night and $99 on weekends. (Keep watching the boards for deals). She said it's a really nice hotel - no theming like Disney, but they are just happy to be there.

You'll have a great time no matter what you decide. I think a good attitude is the most important ingredient for a good vacation (whether staying on or off-site).

Happy Planning!

I love on-site! April 2001 we stayed at CBR, I didn't know about codes and paid $174 USF OUCH!!!!!! BUT when I returned, LITERALLY that same week, I found out about codes! April 2002 we stayed at CSR for $94 USF! YIPPPY!

I picked CBR in 2001, because so many friends stayed there and recommended it. I like the mods, so in 2002, I picked CSR. I liked CBR WAY BETTER! Next trip, we are splitting our time between two WDW resorts. Having picked yet, I'm looking at several combinations. I know CR, Poly, AKL and WL are definately in the running ~ depends on codes. I'd like to try PO, since that would be the last mod we haven't tried. I am looking into rented DVC points for YC/BC too.

If I were to stay off-site, at the top of my list would be Courtyard for $20 USF-ish or HIFS. S

We like to stay on-site, primarily because WDW is so massive, and our 2 DDs (ages 6 and 3), as well as DH and me, like the occasional break/nap time back at the hotel. An on-site hotel helps us get to the hotel and then back to the fun faster. We've stayed at the Port Orleans and the Dolphin. We loved the Dolphin, esp. the grotto/pool area. In fact, our fave hotels are in the Epcot area. Transportation is great from the Epcot area hotels, and it's close to our fave park, Epcot.

We've also stayed off-site before. It just wasn't the same for us. We figure that we've travelled such a long way for the Disney experience that we should drown ourselves in it while we were there!!

Yes, there's a huge difference in cost, but we don't go to WDW often enough (as far as I'm concerned!) because we're West Coasters and go to DL more often.

BTW, Cinderella-Bella, where in BC are you from??? It's great to see a fellow BC Disney fan on these boards!

DL Sept. 2002 - TBD
DL 2001 - Marriott
DL 2000 - Newport Dunes RV Resort
WDW 2000 - Dolphin
DL 1998 - Paradise Pier
WDW 1997 - Port Orleans
WDW 1995 - Days Inn
DL 1994 - Holiday Inn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter