Housekeeping twice with stay?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
A Sunday through Friday stay at a moderate should result with housekeeping on Tuesday and Thursday, right?

A Sunday through Friday stay at a moderate should result with housekeeping on Tuesday and Thursday, right?
PER DISNEY:

You can expect housekeeping services throughout your stay. Here is the schedule:

• Rooms at Disney Moderate and Disney Value Resorts will receive housekeeping service every other day
  • Rooms at Disney Deluxe Resorts will receive daily full housekeeping service
  • Rooms at Disney Deluxe Villas will receive daily full housekeeping service unless using Disney Vacation Club Member Points or Member Cash Discount
  • If you are a Disney Vacation Club Member staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort using Member Points or Member Cash Discounts, you will receive trash and towel service on the fourth day of your visit. If you are staying more than 8 nights, you will receive full cleaning service on the fourth day of your visit and trash and towel service on the eighth day of your visit.

YEAH, SHOULD is the right word. Just there in July. I always stay Sunday-Friday now (Pixie Pass so I box week with weekends at beach). They came Tuesday and skipped us Thursday. :rolleyes: So we got it once.

PER DISNEY:

You can expect housekeeping services throughout your stay. Here is the schedule:

• Rooms at Disney Moderate and Disney Value Resorts will receive housekeeping service every other day
  • Rooms at Disney Deluxe Resorts will receive daily full housekeeping service
  • Rooms at Disney Deluxe Villas will receive daily full housekeeping service unless using Disney Vacation Club Member Points or Member Cash Discount
  • If you are a Disney Vacation Club Member staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort using Member Points or Member Cash Discounts, you will receive trash and towel service on the fourth day of your visit. If you are staying more than 8 nights, you will receive full cleaning service on the fourth day of your visit and trash and towel service on the eighth day of your visit.

YEAH, SHOULD is the right word. Just there in July. I always stay Sunday-Friday now (Pixie Pass so I box week with weekends at beach). They came Tuesday and skipped us Thursday. :rolleyes: So we got it once.
Ughhh. Not surprising. I'll try to be on top of this when we go. Just hope for the best.

It is unreliable but they seem very responsive if you call housekeeping through the in-room phone. If you’ve only had one cleaning by Thursday it couldn’t hurt to call and let them know you’re counting on it that day.

Ughhh. Not surprising. I'll try to be on top of this when we go. Just hope for the best.
I ended up seeing a cart first day on way back to room with towels and grabbed a pile so we'd have plenty rest of week.

It is unreliable but they seem very responsive if you call housekeeping through the in-room phone. If you’ve only had one cleaning by Thursday it couldn’t hurt to call and let them know you’re counting on it that day.
Yes. This.

But the thing is we were at park all day Thursday looking forward to a clean room to relax that night before checking out in the morning. That was also our clean sheet day which would have been very welcome. They "promise" a cleaning that day, we expected it.

We arrive to room after 9 pm to a dirty room. No one is going to come clean our room that late and honestly I didn't want to deal with them. Any call would have just gotten me some clean towels but I had already prepped for that knowing we'd likely get skipped. In their mind we were leaving the next day and no doubt to me we were purposely skipped to save money.

I almost wish it would just be set days by floor or building or whatever. I think the scattered check in and check out dates just make routing for housekeeping more challenging. And if you happen to be in the room while they stop by your room, they never get back to yours.

I remember staying somewhere where it was rooms get serviced on this floor these days and all check out days.

It's not a recipe for satisfaction to anticipate ANY housekeeping from Disney.

If you want your room cleaned, call. If you need coffee supplies or towels, call.

That's pretty much the only way to guarantee, (somewhat), to get what you expect.

I don't know how they are getting away with raising rates while providing less service, but, here we are.

Yes, you are paying for something but not getting it. But Disney will have you arrested if you sneak into one of their parks instead of paying for a ticket. They can do it to you, but don't you dare do it to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter