How about a ask the next person GAME something about SOCal?

captaincrash

<font color=darkorchid>!!!Surrender over yer LOOT!
Seeing that this forum is sort of lightly visited thread - I thought we could add something extra in the form of a QUESTION GAME that everyone could visit and post to regularly....

So here it is...

If you have an answer to the most recently posted question then put up an answer AND you are entitled to add a new question if you wish. Simple.... except lets keep it on a topic related to our forum - as in - it has to somehow be related to Southern California.

I'll kick it off with the first question.....

What are YOUR favorite 3 resturants in SoCal? :confused3

After you answer - you may post the next question - or post none and the next person may answer the same question if desired.

My 3 favorite So-Cal restaurants are The Farm at the Groves, Kung Nam in Little Korea Town, and Eat a Pita in Los Angeles. I have a fourth also Millie's in Anaheim.

What are you 3 favorite places to shop in So Cal?

My 3 favorite places to shop are the South Bay Galleria, Del Amo Mall, and the Grove in Los Angeles.

What is your favorite beach in Southern California?

My favorite beach is Redondo Beach/pier. I hope the arcade is still there, boy I loved that as a kid. And Naja's bar as an adult!

What is your favorite place to catch a boat ride?

A boat ride?... Wow... for me that's just cruise ships and thge Catalina flyer... so I'm gonna say Long Beach.

So - what are your 3 favorite "hot date" spots for romantic fun memories in Southern California?

I'll volunteer ONE of mine... I consider the lounge at Chart House on PCH in Malibu a nice place where I have fond memories with my spouse (and another old flame). We like having their enormous mud pie dessert and any other appetizer that suits the moment.

malibu.jpg
40th%20-%20sunset-thumb.jpg

Hot date spots? Haven't been on a date in 10 years!

Duke's Mailbu is a favorite.
Whichever of the hot clubs spots is still open, my work gals say the Sky Bar?
Disneyland! (DTD, or at the Lost Bar at the DLH.)

Okay, best Ice Cream?

Best Ice Cream? I have to pick just one?

For many locations, I pick Cold Stone Creamery.

I also love Mootown Creamery in Coronado, Swensen's Ice Cream and Golden Spoon (which serves Frozen Yogurt).

What are your 3 favorite places to stay cool?

Hmmm........

3 Favorite places to stay cool....

Thats' tough ... even considering the recent heat & humidity anomally we've had recently. So - I'll keep it simple....

1) At home with the A/C blasting...

2) Our local Library wich just opened a 20,000 sq foot wing dedicated mostly as a childrens collection

3) Any mall or Fry's electronics

I know.... these are cheap answers - but they are truthful....

So heres' my next question.....

What are the 3 best hotels 'round southern cal you've PERSONALLY stayed at or visited for ANY reason. Yeah - it can be 3 different "best" reasons... IE - cheap or well sited - or plush - or swank - or ????? ... or smelly... or best at being unforgivably bad .... or ???? So... just cite your reasions for listing it!

I'll even volunteer a couple places off the top of my mind. The St Regis by Fashion Island .... it's got a garden and pool area that makes me feel like I'm standing on the edge of Versailles gardens (1st photo below). And... I would also mention ....

Versailles%20DSCN3201_brodyaga_ru.JPG

Below is the St Regis at Monarch Beach - and that's my daughter cuddled by the pillows there!
i95660D62-BC89-4B27-84A5-5F1EA42107D0.jpg
i70AA1F3F-5C6A-4DB7-877F-C672D7FA3BEE.jpg

The next hotel ... is the Ritz Carlton Pasadena .... because of it's universal convenience in LA (to get to for my business purposes) and its' cozy setting and restuarants for lunches and dinner. I've stayed here a couple of times too.

the_ritz_carlton_huntington_pasadena2p.jpg
hotelaviara.gif

And my 3rd suggestion would be the Bacarra resort in Santa Barbara with its' secluded elegance and 42,000 foot spa!!!
pool.jpg
reservations.jpg

How about the last place I stayed 2 weeks ago? I have too many favorites.

The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe I think it is the quietest place I have ever been. I didn't hear any noise all night and only heard someone pulling a rolling bag outside about 8:00 am. The room had hardwood floors, a large walk in closet, a heat lamp in the bathroom and a private wood deck. The robes were comfy and the chocolates at turn down had pictures of the Inn. (I am easy to please) I didn't use the pool, but it had nice lounge chairs with thick cushions.

We ate dinner on the outside patio and had a beautiful view of the gardens and the hot air balloons flying overhead. The food was outstanding and the service was great. From the croquet lawn, we had a nice view of the sunset.

If you are looking for a quaint, quiet, romantic getaway in San Diego it is a nice place to visit. It is a historic property so if you are looking for modern and brand new, it might not suit your needs.

What is your favorite non-touristy place?

Best place to stay in San Diego, Paradise Point resort and Spa, I love that place and am dreaming of when I can return.....

Since Abby answered, but didn't ask a question, can I ask a new question? (I'm new here, but enjoying this thread!)

What are your favorite parks? (I mean a real park, with grass and trees or nature-type things, and not a theme park.)

Laura

ScooterL said:
What are your favorite parks? (I mean a real park, with grass and trees or nature-type things, and not a theme park.)

1st, welcome.

I love parks, so I'll jump in here.

Griffith Park: The Observatory, horseback riding, the greek theater, the zoo, bird sanctuary, azalea gardens, etc..., and the best views on LA on a clear day.

Not exactly a park, but a beautiful place to reflect and relax, The Getty Museum in Bel Air (I've not been to the Getty Villa in Malibu yet), the grounds of the Getty are gorgeous. Lots of water features, beautiful garden maze and quite spots for picnics. The museum and grounds are free, but parking is about $5 The museum is nice too. Bring binoculars (to Griffith too), on a clear day you can literally see forever from the Getty. It's heaven.

Other parks...hmm, There's Macarther Park (where someone may have left a cake out in the rain....it's a song if you've never heard it) near downtown.

There are actually tons of parks in the greater LA area, all will have little playgrounds for kids and activities, and there are a few historic ones where movies are always filmed (can't think of the names of any right off the top of my head)

enjoy (I have no question....next)

How about favorite drives?

My personal favorite is the rincon between Ventura and Santa Barbara, gorgeous views....easy turnouts....surfers and dolphins, and great mountains on the other side.

Of course 17 mile drive in Monterey is one of those drives everyone should do before they die!

Our favorite drive is from San Diego up the coast, going through laJolla and those towns and the ocean is great... :rotfl:

101 up from Ventura to Santa Barbara, then the 154 up through Lake Cachuma onward to the Santa Ynez valley. Love that drive! :woohoo:

Next Question:

Where have you spotted a celebrity in Southern California?

I saw Lisa Rinna & Harry Hamlin at the Ralphs Market in Malibu. And Morgan Fairchild at the Ralph's in Westwood.

And OPRAH! At McConnell's Ice Cream in Santa Barbara

At my local FedEX I spotted Bob Barker sending stuff...

And at my local school Heather Locklear sends her kid to elementary school - AND that guy she broke up with was there with his limo and personal security.

AND in the local Vons some time ago I saw Hulk Hogan walking in as I was wlking out. He looks just like on TV.

HulkHogan.gif

AND FOR THE NEXT QUESTION.....

What do you think is the BEST BARGAIN "whatever" you have enjoied in LA/OC?

I'll volunteer one "bargain".... and that has got to be our DISNEY ANNUAL PASS! I kno... that was a predictible answer!

:confused3

tracys2cents said:
Next Question:

Where have you spotted a celebrity in Southern California?

Every. Single. Day.

I work in Sound and I am the ADR stage scheduler for my company as well as being the Operations Manager for our studio. Our facility is on a studio lot, so it's part of my regular day.

What do you think is the BEST BARGAIN "whatever" you have enjoied in LA/OC?

The Entertainment book. It has two-for-one zoo tickets and passes to the Queen Mary as well as twofer restaurant coupons. Plus, I like to stay at Hojo's Anaheim to be near DL for weekend stays and the rates from the book start at $49 a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter