How and Why Does One Get "Tagged"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorcerermick said:
I didn't know you could put your own tag line under your name. To me, that takes the fun out of it. I'd rather be tagged by the fairies by surprise. For now, I too will remain tagless until a fairy finds me. ;)
Now that we know you can put a tag under your name by yourself how do you tell if someone has a "real" tag or a "wannabe" tag?
HHMMM- now I'll have to take a closer look at all these tags-- like I don't aleady spend enough time on these boards, my kids are starting to think I work here; at 1 and 3 years old, if only I could teach one to read the DIS threads and the other one to type in responses then I could do the cleaning, cooking, mom stuff and teach them something while I'm DISing the day away.

SpoonfulofSugar said:
Now that we know you can put a tag under your name by yourself how do you tell if someone has a "real" tag or a "wannabe" tag?
Only the tag fairy can add color, separate lines of text with blank lines in between, and add color to the user's 'information' area.

User entered tags will all be in black ink with no carriage returns.

To enter your own user 'tag', just go to UserCP, Edit Profile, and set your 'Title'.

I created my own tag line rather than be subject to the capricious whims of a cabal of faceless fairies... :rotfl:

Caskbill said:
Only the tag fairy can add color, separate lines of text with blank lines in between, and add color to the user's 'information' area.

User entered tags will all be in black ink with no carriage returns.

To enter your own user 'tag', just go to UserCP, Edit Profile, and set your 'Title'.

But, since the tag fairies take requests to color in self-made tags you can't tell if it was a self generated tag (and later colored by the TF) or one put there by the fairies themselves. Correct?

Duckfan, man, you're cleaning up!

And here I just set mine when I first started so I wouldn't look like such a newbie.

Now, of course, I realize, my self-given title is sort of dweebie :crazy: . I guess I'm the girl sitting on the side of the DIS study hall with my hair over my eyes, trying to blend in while secretly dreaming that someday I'll be as cool as someone like Duckfan! :cool1:

I'm gessing that the tag fairy was never in the chess club at Dis-High :teacher: .

Not to brag, but apparently I'm pretty good at getting tagged, and I wasn't even the one that pointed out the spelling error in my first tag. I did mention it after it was already pointed out. I'm not usually this paranoid, but is it possible the Tag Fairy is stalking me?

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
I'm not usually this paranoid, but is it possible the Tag Fairy is stalking me?

Move to Canada, I don't think the Tag Fairie tags Canadians! :rotfl:

jnrrt said:
I guess I'm the girl sitting on the side of the DIS study hall with my hair over my eyes, trying to blend in while secretly dreaming that someday I'll be as cool as someone like Duckfan! :cool1:

Well, I don't think I'm letting too much out of the bag, but I'll be offering a course on being like me in the new Trump University.

Not to brag, but apparently I'm pretty good at getting tagged, and I wasn't even the one that pointed out the spelling error in my first tag. I did mention it after it was already pointed out.

Hey Duckfan - you got MY tag!!!! :rotfl:

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
Not to brag, but apparently I'm pretty good at getting tagged, and I wasn't even the one that pointed out the spelling error in my first tag. I did mention it after it was already pointed out. I'm not usually this paranoid, but is it possible the Tag Fairy is stalking me?

I guess you must be. I mean, hey, not to be persnickety or anything, but you're not a sponsor, you haven't even been on the DISboards for two whole months yet, and -- wow -- you've got two tags...

...when someone like Dean, who has been here for almost six years, has almost 10,000 posts, and is a site supporter, has, well, none.

Makes you wonder. :confused3

Deep-Thots said:
I guess you must be. I mean, hey, not to be persnickety or anything, but you're not a sponsor, you haven't even been on the DISboards for two whole months yet, and -- wow -- you've got two tags...

...when someone like Dean, who has been here for almost six years, has almost 10,000 posts, and is a site supporter, has, well, none.

Makes you wonder. :confused3

I think that's what idratherbeinwdw was originally trying to figure out. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the Tag Fairy's actions. Of course, it's possible that some people who've been on the boards for years have actually deleted their tags because they don't want them anymore, or in the first place - I know of a couple who've done that.

Bexx said:
I think that's what idratherbeinwdw was originally trying to figure out. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the Tag Fairy's actions.

I appreciate you speaking out for me, but that wasn't exactly my motivation for this thread. I've been on the DIS boards quite a while and I know that who gets tagged totally depends on the whim of the tag fairy. I've noticed if you suck up enough and sort of cajole them usually you get tagged, but if you whine about it you usually don't.

I posted this thread for one reason: To say it's just not nice to "pick" someone more than once and not pick others at all. I understand (as I said in the OP) we can't all be TF "blessed" but to tag someone multiple times and others not at all offends my sense of fair play. Yes I know life isn't fair, etc etc. That doesn't mean I can't/ shouldn't speak my mind. And yes I know this is trivial compared to the world's problems, but it's been annoying me for a while and I just felt like saying something. I don't expect anything to change, and I did NOT post what I did to get tagged. In fact I fully realized if anything, that the post would decrease my chance of getting tagged.

Perhaps I should have given the thread a different name, maybe that would have cut down on the misunderstandings. Hanname to all. <TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=95 bgColor=#ffffff borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=middle>DIS Boards DVC</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

idratherbeinwdw said:
I posted this thread for one reason: To say it's just not nice to "pick" someone more than once and not pick others at all. I understand (as I said in the OP) we can't all be TF "blessed" but to tag someone multiple times and others not at all offends my sense of fair play. Yes I know life isn't fair, etc etc. That doesn't mean I can't/ shouldn't speak my mind. And yes I know this is trivial compared to the world's problems, but it's been annoying me for a while and I just felt like saying something.

Fair points - and I'm sorry if it seemed like I was putting words into your mouth! :)

idratherbeinwdw said:
BTW Cass, if you feel so strongly about this, why were you reading and responding to posts that clearly have nothing to do with terrorism? I guess judging others and their motivation is more important? :rolleyes:

I did on the Political forum I post on... but Disney is for Disney.

So have a wonderful Disney Day :goodvibes

Cass said:
I did on the Political forum I post on... but Disney is for Disney.

So have a wonderful Disney Day :goodvibes

Makes sense to me. You have a great day too.

Bexx said:
There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the Tag Fairy's actions.

Um, well, yeah.

I mean, Duckfan has been on the DISboards a whopping six weeks and already has two tags?

I think idratherbeinwdw must be right about sucking up or nepotism or whatever you want to call it. :snooty:

If it walks likes a duck and talks like a duck.... well, we have the perfect example in Duckfan.

The DISboards: No longer one of my favorite places. :sad2:

The Tag Fairy began a number of years ago on the DIS and basically involves random acts of silliness. Tags are not related to the number of posts or site sponsorship, but more on the whim of the Tag Fairy.

The ability for individuals to create their own tags was a result of comments/complaints just like this thread over a period of time. Apparently, even that is not enough.

Here is a closed thread from the CB that may offer some perspective.

Tag Fairy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter