How are the crowds in MAY?

Sethsmama

Mouseketeer
I just went on my first Disney World trip back in Sept and now I am already itching to go again! I'm thinking around May 20-28 cause my son will be out of school then. Anyone know how the crowds/weather is that time of year. When I went back in Sept. I thought the crowds were suppose to be low...they weren't, it was pretty crowded, but I handled it so I am looking at May now.
Anyone have suggestions? :wave2:

Hi! We went early May in 2003. It was unusually hot but not too crowded at all. I am planning our trip for June 1-6 2005, a few days after yours. I've heard and read that it is hot and more crowded by then but not too terrible yet. I think they have longer hours then which helps alot...we're going for it no matter what and can't wait! You're getting out just as the holiday weekend begins, so I'll bet you have less crowds than we will!

We just went this past May for 2 weeks 5/15-5/30. The first week was not crowded at all! Walked right on so many rides..it was great. The weekend was busy...it happeded to be a Star Wars weekend (which we didn't know about). So there was a larger crowds for rides & parade.

The week prior to Memorial Day...more crowded then the first week (I think Southern schools were out) but not horrible. Needed to FP the popular rides. The weekend of Memorial Day....OBNOXIOUSLY CROWDED!

The hours were only longer on the weekends, not during the week. And Spectromagic only ran Fri & Sat. Memorial Day weekend...Sat had 2 Spectromagics.

We had a wonderful time & would go again in May. Would probably leave before Memorial Day weekend though. Oh, & the weather was Great!!!! Rained once for 15 minutes...it was in teh 90's the entire 2 weeks.

Have fun!:teeth:

Thanks for all the info! I think May will work out for me just as long as I get outtta there before the holiday weekend!
Thanks again!:tongue:

We were there last year for Memorial Day weekend and a couple days before and after. How crowded it seems depends on what you are used to. It was much less crowded than when we went at Easter time, much more crowded than when we went in early February. It seemed comparable to New Jersey week in November, which has Food & Wine and Super Soaps going on.

No matter when you go, if you plan well and get to the parks early, you won't have a problem.

The weather, though, was HOT. Yes, all caps- HOT. Upper 90s every day we were there. Stepping out of the door was draining. Most days we didn't last more than 2-3 hours at the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter