• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are the discounts applied for packages?

KharybdisPoesis

Earning My Ears
Hello! After a big pause, and a lot of shifting plans year over year, we're finally going!

Question:

When room discounts come out for the general public, how exactly do they apply for package offers? Say I already booked room and tickets. Do they apply for the whole price, or do they only apply for the room, sans ticket pricing?

Trying to budget as accurately as I can.

Bonus question: can you still modify your reservation to include the discount or do you have to call to get it applied?

Thank you kindly, friends!

It's going to depend on what is being offered for the discount. You can see if you can apply it, but even if you have a room reservation already made, it does not mean the discount can or will be applied. Sometimes room types are limited and your room type or may not qualify for the dates or resort you have booked. To check, you can bring up your reservation and click on the modify button and see if a discount will apply. You may have to rebook to a different room type or even a different resort to get what is being offered. Or it might work, I've had about a 50/50 result when trying to do this. Calling can sometimes be better because the CM can tell you what is available and where, if you are not eligible with your current reservation.

Sometimes if there is a room only discount, it won't be applied to a package. They have all sorts of different discounts and you pretty much have to apply like to like.

Thank you! The price is (frustratingly) obfuscated so I may just have to call and see which is which.

Thank you both! Glad to know it seems to be circumstantial, ha.

Hello! After a big pause, and a lot of shifting plans year over year, we're finally going!

Question:

When room discounts come out for the general public, how exactly do they apply for package offers? Say I already booked room and tickets. Do they apply for the whole price, or do they only apply for the room, sans ticket pricing?

Trying to budget as accurately as I can.

Bonus question: can you still modify your reservation to include the discount or do you have to call to get it applied?

Thank you kindly, friends!

If it is a room discount, the discount is only applied to the room portion of a package. Any room discount can be made into a package by adding tickets, which they’ll always let you do.

You can try to modify online, if it doesn’t work, then call. One issue is that room reservations & packages are 2 different systems for processing. You definitely can add the tickets as I said, but I’m just not sure how the system will process a room discount on an already purchased package. If you don’t want to call, you can always book a new package with the discount & cancel your original package, as long as you’re within your cancellation period.

And as another poster noted, your room type or resort might not be available for the discount. In that case you might have to change resorts or room types to take advantage of the discount. If your room isn’t available, check back frequently, because availability changes as people cancel or change their plans all the time.

We most certainly did book before a price increase! I'll be doing some price checks to see if the discount is worth it (which feels insane to write) or just rebook under the discount code.

But thank you everyone! Now to just wait.

Also Room Only discounts can sometimes require a new reservation - not just applying it to your existing one. Not a huge deal as the first one would be refunded...but something to be aware of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter