How bad is boardwalk standard view?

Mflaherty

Mouseketeer
I'm booked in a 2bedroom lake/pool view and waitlisted for standard to save points. Shud I bother? It's my first dvc trip.im bringing my 2 toddlers and parents and husband. Should I waitlisted boardwalk view?

Define bad. I happen to love standard view & you can't beat the point savings. Are the views great? Not really but we don't spend that much time in the room so it doesn't matter to us. We like the rooms at the end of the hall. I know most people request near elevators but the walk down the hall doesn't bother us. The end of the hall rooms have a view of the canal with that water fountain in it. They're also near the parking lot which is great for us because we always have a car. There's a stairway which leads out making for a shorter walk to the bus stop as well. Some of the rooms also have a view of DHS/Tower of Terror. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you won't be happy if you get a parking lot or front entrance room then by all means waitlist for garden or BW view.

You would be fortunate to get a standard view room at the BWV. The view is of the front driveway at the resort. BW owners usually book this view before the 7 month window opens. You can have two wait lists no harm in wait listing BW view. BW is our favorite resort due to it's convenience to Epcot and HS.

We have only a standard view room once and it was a studio. We had a view of the front entrance about half way down the hallway. We thought the view was just fine and loved the point savings. We wouldn't hesitate to stay in a standard view room again.

I don't bother too much with worrying about views, unless I'm at BLT or or AKV. Our time is spent at the parks or sleeping when we are in the room...a view isn't seen much for us. We don't Our last trip was our first stay at Boardwalk, and I absolutely loved it.

Now, I asked DH and we did get a waterview when we stayed there, which was just a view of the waterway between BWV and DHS. I wouldn't have known, though. LOL.

Have a great trip!

I'm booked in a 2bedroom lake/pool view and waitlisted for standard to save points. Shoud I bother? It's my first dvc trip.im bringing my 2 toddlers and parents and husband. Should I waitlisted boardwalk view?

I love the standard view villas and prefer them over the Pool/Garden view villas. We request an upper floor near the bus stop or tennis courts. We can still easily do stairs, though. Not a convenient location if your party can't use the stairwells.

With your traveling party, I would keep the Pool/Garden view. With toddlers, you will probably have strollers and want to request something close to the elevators. There is only one bank of elevators for the BWV wing of the resort. The standard view rooms close to the elevators will overlook the RAC desk. You will hear beeping form the luggage trucks and probably some crashing and banging of the luggage carts. Not great if you want to sleep in or take a nap during the early afternoon. Plus the idling ME and Cruise Line buses are annoying to some.

The above is not a problem at all if you can do stairs and thus request a room farther away from the elevators.

Go ahead and waitlist for the Boardwalk view - cost is the same and you might get lucky. :)

Have fun!

With toddlers, you may spend more time in the room and view may matter. I have never stayed standard at BWV, but we love BW view! It can be a little noisy (last week we were on the second floor overlooking the watergun carnival game. We could hear the bell every time someone played!).

Keep in mind that if your std view WL comes through, the unused points go back into your current UY. If your past your banking deadline when the WL comes through, you may find yourself with wasted points.

Here's a picture of the view from a 1BR standard view at BWV in March 2010:

How much time do you spend looking out the window?

Here's a picture of the view from a 1BR standard view at BWV in March 2010:

How much time do you spend looking out the window?

There are only a few SV rooms with that view and they are also about as far from the elevators as you can get! :teeth:

Here's an overview of BWV showing the Standard View areas and the elevator location.

BWVViews.jpg

The view that Best Aunt posted would be the green rooms at the bottom of the photo I've posted. As Carol correctly pointed out, these rooms would be the farthest from the elevators. But they are also the closest to DHS if you plan on walking there a few times.

Personally, the value associated with SV low points makes it great for us. And about half of the rooms have trees in front of the balconies blocking the view of anything else. Good luck with your decision, though getting SV may not even be an option due to the popularity of the category.

What time of year are you going? A couple of years ago we used more points to get a better view and there was a cold snap - really cold, never went out on the balcony.

IMO there's nothing bad about a standard view! We did the Boardwalk view, once, to experience it and there foreward preferred to save points and do standard view! 3 times we've gotten the villas that have a view of the lawn to the left of the entrance. It's far enough away from the road that traffic noise is no bother. The trees and grassy areas are home to birds, squirrels, bunnies and the lushness of it all really adds to my balcony time, really nice!

I love the standard view when staying at the Boardwalk. My experience was that the standard view was MUCH better than the garden/pool view. Both times I had the standard view I was about half way down the hall and set way back from the road, so my main view was of a nice grassy area. And I had a great view of Illuminations both times. In my garden view, I couldn't see Illuminations, and I was in the corner right over a sidewalk and doorway, so I really couldn't see much.

I love sipping coffee on the balcony in the am, and I was fine with my views for both of my BWV standard stays.

My first stay was ground level (which is awesome with a stroller, you can get to the bus top and boats without needing an elevator). Last year I had a tree infront of my balcony, but it was still pleasant. Both times I was on the section facing the bus stop.

Standard view is fine if you want to save points and many of the pool/garden views are only minimally better. However, there is a big upgrade if you can get boardwalk view, the best view at WDW. But both likely have only a low chance of happening and thus I would probably waitlist both to at least give you two possibilities.

Does anyone have a photo of a pool view and garden view? I doubt a standard 1 bedroom will open up in July, so it would be nice to see what a pool/garden view could look like.

We don't mind a standard view because , in the long run, it means more days or more visits to WDW.

I've stayed in every view at the Boardwalk and they are all good. The best view was a 1st floor pool view where we could walk right out of our room into the quiet pool. If not that I like in order, the Boardwalk view (though it does get noisy) then the standard view at the very end of the corridor with the view of the TOT and the canal and then the pool view. The only poor view is the standard view near the elevators overlooking the parking lot but even that isn't really that bad.

Does anyone have a photo of a pool view and garden view? I doubt a standard 1 bedroom will open up in July, so it would be nice to see what a pool/garden view could look like.
I'm sure there are photo's but the view varies greatly. You may be looking at the back of some vegetation if you're unlucky. IMO the points for standard view are a better deal than taking the chances on a pool/garden view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter