How big is GAC. I want to find a holder for it

Nik's Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm trying to find a lanyard with a pocket that's big enough to fit the GAC and park tickets. Of course, now I can't find the GAC we used on our last trip. If I remember, it was maybe 3x5". If anyone still has their GAC, would you mind measuring it? It'd love to be able to have the GAC in a lanyard holder, but don't think the standard credit card size will work.
Thanks! :sunny:

I did not have a special holder, but I did bring the laminating sheets and covered it. I was worried that it might get wet (think Splash Mtn.). This made it a little more sturdy.

I have two specialized holders for my DS's GAC: one is the back pocket of my Levi's 501 jeans, the other is the standard breast pocket of my shirt.;) Sadly, the latter is not available (and would look funny) in women's attire, but former might work. The back pocket of Gap men's shorts works well too for warmer weather.

Recently, our's has resided in the back pocket of the backpack attached to DS's wheelchair.

However I don't think that any of these is a practical alternative for you, Nik's Mom. Isn;t there some sort of scrapbooking supply you might use to "laminate" it. Best of luck!

Oh yes, I'll have to use my creative side to laminate it. Yes, pumpkinboy. I do have a scrapbook tool (Xyron), but wouldn't want to take it on our trip. DH would put his foot down. He knows that I can't have a scrapbook tool too close to me without getting the urge to scrap. :goodvibes
I would prefer a holder because on our last trip, I was always fumbling around trying to find it. :sunny:

Get the laminating sheets before you leave, punch a hole in the top or on a corner, then just add this to your lanyard along with the standard holder for your tickets.

When you get your GAC, laminate it and the hole is already there so just hook it to your lanyard

That's what we done and it worked out great.

These might be a bit bigger than what you wanted but thought I'd suggest it:

Purple or Black Organizer: http://www.pumpwearinc.com/accessories.htm#
Not sure how big this is but it looks the right size. I like the idea that it opens up to two clear plastic pockets. **I edited the msg to add that this costs $40 :earseek: Seems very expensive but I have bought things from them before (my 3 yr old is diabetic) and everything was great quality and excellent service. You can always call them and ask about the size and features - they are a kind of "mom and pop" place in that sense (not a huge company)

and the Passporter pocket pouch which is 4.8 x 6 inches and they do suggest you could wear it around your neck: http://www.passporterstore.com/store/0966899437.aspx

Last time I put the GAC in a small ziploc baggie in my pack I was carrying and that worked too. But I DO love buying those little pouches to hold stuff in. I'm always searching for the perfect bag :earboy2:

I'm thinking of buying that Passporter one. It has multiple uses, not just to carry the GAC. And it's less than $10! :sunny:

My DS has a small mickey fannypack for his autograph book and pen. The GAC fit inside his disney brand autograph book.

We went to Walmart and got the lanyars that have the pocket for fishing and gaming licences. I think we did fold the GAC pass but it was waterproofed and it worked for the 10 days we were in the parks. They also have the "Pin on kind that are waterproof. Good luck,

I ended up buying the one from Passporter.com It has an outside see through pocket that will be perfect for the GAC. It also has a couple of inner pockets, including one with a zipper. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter